Sign in to follow this  
walker

You are being spied on by Carrier IQ

Hi all

You are being spied on.

Google "carrier iq"

The spyware which you did not agree to give access to your data has been found on Android devices, Apple devices, Blackberries, and most other mobile devices as well as laptops even logs and accesses your https pages.

Kind regards walker

Ps I am sure the usual crowd will be in to whine and troll.

Edited by walker

Ps I am sure the usual crowd will be in to whine and troll.

Really Walker? Do you have to preemptively attack the community to get your fix now? Lower yourself to their level and all? Are you a child?

I am sure I am not the "usual crowd", but this last sentence could and should have been withheld as I see it adds nothing to the conversation and is only flame bait.

The time for Windows Phone, is now?! :D Who would've guessed that!

(Happy WP7.5 user here, btw)

Anyways, not yet fully aware of the severity - it sounds very bad in any case if this data is actually actively gathered and used (instead of say for Support calls).

Time to read :)

It has been a public secret for a couple of years, just no one who could prove it. Until now that is.

I hope that this knowledge will spell an end to those awful branded carrier firmwares they use to cripple good phones.

Thats why I re-branded them "Sly" phones, only thing smart is everything but the users knowledge of it.

In fact, here's a word of warning, anything coming out now that's branded "Smart" (in any device and not just a phone) = "track", no conspiracy required.

These guys have a cool suggestion about what to do with your sim-card to stop people tracking you:

2tKi_ufYRQw

Carrier IQ? It's setup to log dropped calls etc. Think of it as an anonymous diagnostic survey tool. Good news is it's not used in the UK and many other countries and most phones don't have it. Mainly a US problem.

It's not installed by governments but by network providers, if it's installed on 141million phones they don't have the staff to physically look at everyone's records, the data will be summarised into categories by computer so they can analyse problems and trends.

Edited by PELHAM

Good they can see my dirty browsing history

All the angry birds Ive killed

all the prank calls i make to my annoying neighbor.

Doesn't the government have anything better to do? Like fix all these borked ass systems we made ourselves?

These guys have a cool suggestion about what to do with your sim-card to stop people tracking you:

[YOUTUBE]2tKi_ufYRQw[YOUTUBE]

BEST

EVAR

:yay:

Eat your Sim card LOL :D

Download this App

dl.cdn.chip.de/downloads/13575891/TrevE_Logging_TestApp_v7.apk?1322778412-1322785912-26277f-B-b106afe0137083df798a961843f4c02a

It shows you if there are any CIQ Files on your smartphone. Mine is negative

Edited by Tonci87

Hi all

Here is a video by the original security consultant who discovered the spyware and who carrier iq tried to silence.

T17XQI_AYNo

As you can see it drives a coach and horses through your internet security exposing all your passwords. As a result it is now being targeted by criminal hackers as a method of obtaining peoples online banking passwords.

Questions about the ownership of the company and links of some of its employees are being asked.

Kind regards walker

So far only US user are affect by this keylogger. That said people outside of US, or using one purchased from outside of US, should be relatively safe, for now.

Hi all

VBS contractors take note.

The major problem is that say you worked for a government organization or the military as a contractor and dealt with classified data on a tablet or smart phone or one of the affected notebooks via a supposedly encypted website. A copy of all You wrote VIA the affected device would be stored in clear on the device accessable to any one.

Kind regards walker

Hi all

VBS contractors take note.

The major problem is that say you worked for a government organization or the military as a contractor and dealt with classified data on a tablet or smart phone or one of the affected notebooks via a supposedly encypted website. A copy of all You wrote VIA the affected device would be stored in clear on the device accessable to any one.

Kind regards walker

I have to wonder where all this stuff is being stored on the device. I think there's a little extrapolation going on :)

Guys don´t panic, I posted a link to an app that can show you if this is on your phone.

First see, panic later

This applies only to the United States as far as I know. Since I live in Norway and use a custom ROM (Cyanogenmod ftw) I have no worries.

is "extrapolation" the codename for "bollocks"?

Hmm could be - what he fails to mention is that while software is capable of doing some of those things it has to be specifically coded or set up to do so. The fact is, it's not in this case. They are looking at the original full code and saying this is what it could potentially do, doesn't mean it's actually doing it. So yeah, it's bollocks.

Some people in the world have an inferiority complex and seek self confidence by spreading falsehoods, the more people that believe their tall stories, the better they feel.

Edited by PELHAM

Hi all

Several companies involved have been served with a class action suit, and there is now a senate and an FTC investigation, into wiretapping violations.

Meanwhile investigations into the software and the company have revealed that they have training in how to specify a particular client and log all their interactions with the device. Thus blowing the anonymized data argument out of the water.

It is disturbing that its installation is being obsfuscated, why? It's activity is also obsfuscated and the ability to turn it off or remove it, is being prevented for no logical reason. And why on earth does it need to be able to turn on your microphone without your knowledge?

The fact that Carrier IQ's full armoury can be triggered by an external command with neither an option to prevent it or any indication it is operating is truly frightening, that there is no security to prevent even a hacker from doing this is nothing short of astonishing.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

Class action lawsuit? So someone smells money? 'Innocent before proven guilty' Walker.

"Notably, federal wiretapping statutes provide exemptions for carriers and their business partners to monitor the performance of their infrastructure."

"Carrier IQ's Thursday statement includes a testimonial from security expert Rebecca Bace of Infidel, a former member of NSA's Information Security Research and Technology Group, as well as deputy security officer for Los Alamos National Laboratory. "Having examined the Carrier IQ implementation it is my opinion that allegations of keystroke collection or other surveillance of [a] mobile device user's content are erroneous," said Bace."

http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/privacy/232200638

Carrier IQ Speaks: Our Software Ignores Your Personal Info

http://allthingsd.com/20111201/carrier-iq-speaks-our-software-monitors-service-messages-ignores-other-data/

Edited by PELHAM

Most conspiracy theorists have something to sell, thats why.

Big money to be made selling books, videos and online subscriptions to the guilable and paranoid.

Sure there is a lot of shady shit going on but you have to take a serious look at the source. Whats in it for them.

Hi all

Well people get spied on all the time, whats new.

Bit of a non story.

Bored now. Leaving thread.

Bye

Hi all

For those of you who are interested in who is spying on you Google "The-Spyfiles" sorry can't link it is not alowed on this forum.

Censorship eh? Like spying on you it gets everywhere don't it?

Flip sides of the same coin; if you cannot have privacy they cannot have secrecy.

Kind regards walker :)

Edited by walker