Sign in to follow this  
caw444

demo wont install

tried several times to install demo al i get is bin.01 cant not be found when it is right there so i extract files to another folder click install then says keep all bin files in one place so beets me i wana try this game but it wont do anything:mad:

You possibly downloaded the file from a corrupted mirror. Please try to download it from another one. One of the Sprocket servers delivered a faulty install package.

I had problems with bin1 and 2 (dl'ed off Sprocket US), along with (of course) a non-matching hash. I was away for a few hours today so I decided to try downloading again, but I only got a different, still non-matching hash.

For my third try, I decided to use the torrent, as that would guarantee me uncorrupted data, even if I get better speeds from the http download. However, I then realized that, as long as I set the torrent location to the same place as the corrupt file, it would scan it and only retrieve the damaged parts. 5 minutes later I had a matching hash, a lot less time taken than another 4gb download.

If your download's hashes don't match, try using the torrent to fix it.

Yeah, or simply don't DL it from the sprocket mirrors. There are tons of others out there. I've checked most of them (see other post). :)