Sign in to follow this  
darkdexter

Mortars

In the multiplayer CTI missions, you can buy a mortar. When you uses it , you can input a map grid(ex: Map Grid Da21) and it will automatically aim and you just click to fire. I am just wondering if there is an addon/script that is the same thing so i can use it in mission editor?

That way i can make missions where you command a mortar while a simulated radio from AI in the battlefield will give fire mission coordinates ( ex: Target grid Ea21)

It doesnt have to be mortar,it can be any kind of artillery too that a player can man and uses map grids for indirect and direct fire. So far , most artillery addons out there are more like a tank where you have to use the telescopic sight but indirect fire isn't possible.

I know CoC but it seems it is more like an "infantry requesting arty" based addon than "be the actual artillery guy who is giving fire support" addon...

Edited by darkdexter

Give a try to CoC Unified Artillery, there are some point&click on the map involved, choice of the ammo to fire, how much of them, etc...

And if you play with CWA, not OFP, be sure to get Vektorboson hotfix to make it compatible with CWA

edit : noticed your added line about coc after positing.

yeah but in CoC your the forward observer requesting fire mission. What i want is your the artillery guy manning the artillery itself and putting coordinates? you know what i mean?

here is an example, im not sure if allowed to post links to other games but here it is just for the example

as you can see, im looking for addons or mods where you are able to man the mortar itself and do fire mission indirectly with nothing but the map and the right coordinates given.

Look at OFPEC there are some singlemapclick arty scripts.