Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Editor-Like Topographies

sangin-mapsmall.jpg

I have two monitors running on my rig, and for several reasons im running ARMA2 CO in windowed mode, but still maxed out in resolution so that the window fills my #1 monitor.

I have long though about how nice it could be to have a map on monitor #2 while I was playing arma so this is the primary reason for making these, and why not share them with the rest of you.

I could use photoshop (or even paint) and paint my tactics, routes and whatever I wanted while in a mission without Arma would minimize and without going totally blind from whats happening in game while looking at the map. Great opportunity for those of us who have more than one monitor.

For those with only one monitor at hand it would actually still be pretty awesome I think. Running Arma in windowed mode (but still "fullscreen") and the map in the background (also windowed mode but maybe only 1/4 size of screen) so that you could still see some of arma in the bagground while tabbed out.

Sattelite image on the maps will vary from allmost no sattelite and only details, to both details and sattelites. It all depends on the map's settings and zoom levels.

To do list:

Clafghan

Podagorsk

Requests?

Sangin Province.

Download

Tora Bora.

Download

If you have any requests, ideas to make them better or anything feel free to speak. :)

Edited by MugAben

nice idea ! that's really kind to do that for us , i have a map for you : clafghan

Super. I'll add Clafghan to the list but Im gonna wait a bit until the map is complete

If you want to go for shadow you may as well go for the full altitude tint.Would make things a bit easier.

Shadow work will require way to much time to make, so dont count on it.

Shadow work will require way to much time to make, so dont count on it.

Show me how to do it in PS and I'm willing to help out.

Thanks for the interest and willingness to help but I think it would be extremely difficult. I dont know how to make it, I guess you would have to somehow paint it or darken it or find some other clever way.

Im thinking that I should make them even better and closer to the ground, maybe from ingame map instead of editor map so that the small grids and the heightmaps will be seen as well.

Think I will do that when I have time for it :)

Thanks for the interest and willingness to help but I think it would be extremely difficult. I dont know how to make it, I guess you would have to somehow paint it or darken it or find some other clever way.

Im thinking that I should make them even better and closer to the ground, maybe from ingame map instead of editor map so that the small grids and the heightmaps will be seen as well.

Think I will do that when I have time for it :)

No problem. If I find an effective way to employ this, I will let ya know.

Having the maps the way they are now is good for initial briefs and planning. Maybe have a second map (pack if one file is too large) that is on the 100/10m grids.