Sign in to follow this  
Flogger23m

ArmA 2 and Arrow Head on two PCs?

I am wondering if a single copy of ArmA 2 and Arrowhead can be installed on two different PCs and be played online together at the same time (even if just LAN)?

If it doesn't, then it is no big deal as getting extra copies are cheap enough.

BIS is one of the few companies that's worth supporting. Go buy the game again if you plan on playing with multiple copies at the same time.

I believe you can install the same game onto two different PCs, but you cannot use them at the same time. Or rather, you cannot use them in the same game at the same time. You will activate FADE, which is a gameplay degrading mechanism. I don't know whether, once activated, it continues beyond and into single-player gameplay, but I would say it's not worth the hassle :)

As said, you will need two licenses for MP play :)

I am wondering if a single copy of ArmA 2 and Arrowhead can be installed on two different PCs and be played online together at the same time (even if just LAN)?

If it doesn't, then it is no big deal as getting extra copies are cheap enough.

why would you want to do that, do BIS a favour and buy a second copy.:)

The End User License Agreement (EULA) Section 2 states, "you may not network the Program or otherwise install it or use it on more than one computer at a time, except if expressly authorized in the applicable documentation...".

I think LAN works just fine with the same copy (I've tested MP missions with two running games on the same machine), but playing together online won't work unless you have different keys.

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to play LAN (and maybe online) with a friend with Arrowhead/ACE so he could try it before he buys it, but if it won't work then that is no big deal.

As I said, copies are rather cheap.

Ive thought about this is well. Atm ive got 2 computers (mine) is the beast while the other is still pretty decent to run the game. What i wanted to know was if i make a LAN for myself to run warfare with AI and use the other computer to handle all server and scripts and other things that over about a few hours of gaming tends to clog up my system would it clog up the other system running the server insted?

You can install arma2: free and play multiplayer with the standard arma 2

Opticalsnare, you can copy your working directory to your other game machine, and run the dedicated server.

...Syn...

Me and bro play on same copy and it works, but only in Operation Arrowhead.

I am sure people will tell me if I am wrong, but you cannot play the same copy of the game on two different machines at the same time. You can run the dedicated server on one machine and then connect to it with the same copy from another machine though.

If your bro wants to play the game as well then he'll need to buy a copy or use Arma2:Free.