Sign in to follow this  
logandog1240

ARMA 3 needs to revamp their vehicle interface

They need to stop using the same interface they use for infantry, in things like tanks and helicopters, jets. they need to have a kind of fsx style for helicopters and jets, and something like steel beasts for tanks, and ground vehicles.

pVcKlyx1B68

RlOtDyFMcvo

ts8yKBI-Qcs

Edited by Dwarden

Taking the TOH concept but only with invisible interaction points inside the vehicle (you just click on the correct button) seems like a good idea if the team decides to do something like this.

They shouldn't include that many buttons like in real fly sims, but the ToH method of flipping switches would be great!

I agree! Adding as much functionality and buttons as seen in those sims would not be a good idea. I could imagine this being used for simple things such as starting the engine or similar. Would remove unecessary space from the action menu ;)

more than just take on helicopters, there should be an onscreen mouse, not just u have to look directly at the button u want to click

I like the videos. The nice thing would be tooltips when hovering over stuff in cockpit.

EDIT: or/and always visible labels (with description on hover)

I wouldn't mind flipping switches and going trough complex start up procedures, in fact, I would quite enjoy it but due to large number of vehicles in arma, I'd be happy enough for fewer buttons and switches, as long as the pilot needs to switch them in the correct order ;)

I like the videos. The nice thing would be tooltips when hovering over stuff in cockpit.

EDIT: or/and always visible labels (with description on hover)

Even better if it could be a difficulty toggle option, like extended HUD works.

The action menu would definately benefit from this on all fronts not just aircraft..imagine if opening a gate was for the most part clicking on the gate, or to open a door you click on the knob (unless entered some other way).

If something like this really could make it into Arma3 from TKOH..I'd..I duno, would have to scream like a schoolgirl for real.

I think their actions need to be simulated rather than their interaction. We can assume, from a gaming perspective, that any unit who gets into such a vehicle "knows" how to use it but we as players don't need to know how to operate complex machinery. However that machinery should act as real as possible I agree with that, with good traction modelling, flight modelling etc.

But I am hip to the idea of simple control interaction rather than menu options :) would need a minor GUI fix so that a mouse cursor could appear on a keypress, otherwise I'm going to be flipping switches with my face.

Vehicle simulation and interaction on crew stations would be great for A3!

Something more to achieve for everyone of the crew. Maybe BIS already looking into certain simulations/games to get the vehicles on par with new A3 helicopter/plane features?

pwkuMyVDdWQ

+

GDUUfoHbV5w

Lets see if BIS can implement an option for "arcade", "sim" and "custom" setup. :)

entering and exiting vehicles needs animations like in say GTA games, where you open the doors and step out etc

Ill be happy if they utylize the Render to texture for actual targeting pod capability in the Jets and helicopters. Being able to slew your pod onto a target and 'laze" for a bomb would add crap tons of realism to this game in the Aircraft department. Im not suggesting making it as real as DCS or A-10C. But ARMA could REALLY use an improvement for the flaying aspect of the game.

If they continue with this utterly terrible tab lock and fire crap, Ill be severely dissapointed. That is with out a doubt the single most PvP killing aspect of the ARMA series.

something like this in the cockpit

Edited by Jump Artist

yes the targeting pod should definatly add to the flying. Make it so that you have to slew, then put laser on, then tab to make sure your plane is picking up the lock and can hit it, then drop the bomb.