Sign in to follow this  
Nielsen

Civilian Interaction Module (beta)

seems like patch 1.6 broke your module. I was playing around with a test mission I made when you first released it, and when ever I give a command, civs are just like "LOL look at this guy!" (they ignore me)

i also cant detain or restrain civs

Nielsen,

Great mod. Looking at providing support in MSO for it.

Got it working with MSO, my only issue at the moment is how the module deals with who is synched/in CRM_AllGroups etc. This will have an impact on JIPs. For example, if a player joins the game and is in a new group, his group won't be registered with the module. Guess something we can cover in our JIP code rather than your code.

There is a typo in nielsen_cRm_init.sqf. isMultipleyer should be isMultiplayer. Saying that this code doesn't appear to be used anywhere else? CRM_Players.

CRM_AllCities is not working for me at the moment. Other than that I didn't have any issues with this mod on 1.60.

Cheers,

Tup

Edited by Tupolov

I am getting this error anyone have any Idea's ?

Error in expression <grp,_CivType,_SpawnPos];};
_unit = _grp createUnit [_CivType, _Pos, [], 100, "NO>
 Error position: <createUnit [_CivType, _Pos, [], 100, "NO>
 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

Can someone inform me how this addon performs on a server with a population near 30?

As with this and your other post Ironman .... just TRY IT and see.

I've done some more testing of this. Loving this addon. Would love to be able to make it more extensible (i.e. use \ in front of config stuff). Here are the issues I see so far...

1. CRM events can spawn when and where player spawns, sometimes leading to death (i.e. Ambush)

2. I get errors/issues on some events involving civilians moving to/from buildings on dedi server - this fills the RPT with errors stating _house is undefined. Also the riot script crashes now and then with _tirepile undefined.

3. Logging can be a bit annoying

4. Have had a couple of crashes involving CIM

5. CRM events shouldn't spawn when player is flying over town/location

Nielsen, can we get permission to carry on developing this addon?

Edited by Tupolov

any of u have issue's when respawning??

when i respawn my character isnt able to shout to and search civvies anymore.

does someone knows how to fix it ??

Is there any way in this mod to put in a civs init so they are keycuffed on mission start. Im having problems with the hostages just running off.

It looks like development with this may have ceased for now, but I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone else can answer/confirm the 'problem' I've been having using this.

Been using this mixed with dapman, so when I shoot an enemy and he goes down and doesn't die I have the option of healing him and then key cuffing him. Seems to have always have worked while playing smaller scaled operations. HOWEVER, I was playing this evening in a larger scaled battle - I had sneaked up on two enemies and shot them, both went down wounded. I healed one while my teammate healed the other, cuffed them both in the middle of the road, and off I went. Fast forward to about 10-15 minutes later and I have moved some 700 meters from those guys. Four enemies sneak up behind us, three goes down, one stays wounded. Just as before I go and patch him up, however when I go to select "key cuff" it instead says "uncuff". Weird, I think, especially since he looks like one of the guys I ran into earlier. I ignored it at first, but then I decided to go back and check the two original guys I had arrested. When I returned to that position I was surprised to see one of the men gone completely (I suspect he was the one I shot and re-arrested later on), with the other standing up with his gun on his back...somehow magically uncuffed. My teammate finished him off before I could do anything. I checked and checked and double checked to make sure I wasn't missing them somewhere but I wasn't.

SO, now I'm wondering: do the enemies/AI in general that you key cuff simply become "uncuffed" after a certain time has passed or you've traveled a certain distance? Or is it actually possible for AI to free their teammates as long as no enemies are around to stop them?

If anyone has any answers I'd appreciate it.

i just cant get it to work i followed all te steps i get nothing except pow extraction and it dont even come and holding down shift does nothing what do i do

This is probably a lost cause, since this thread has been dead for almost two years at this point, and the author of the mod has been gone for pretty much just as long, but this has really been ticking me off.

My CIM Key doesn't work. Period. I've tried remapping it several times, uninstalling and reinstalling both this mod and CBA, I've tried different factions for both the player and the civilians, and nothing happens.

The modules appear in the editor, and the CEM works up until the point where I have to mark an LZ, which requires the CIM key.

I've followed the directions in both the readme and the video tutorial, and I'm still at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated

New mod v0.22-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Nielsen , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hi,

I have a little problem

First of all i lke this mod, but it does nothing in my case and that is a problem!

I made a test mission  and set everything up just like the on in de video.

The only thing that i saw was a blackhawk behind me standing  to wait.

When i called it it did not move a thing.

There was also no civillian spawned to interact with, so the town was clear of danger.

What did i wrong?

Plz an anyone help me to make it work