Sign in to follow this  
Nielsen

Civilian Interaction Module (beta)

Thanks :).. Hmm. Well I guess I consider the publicVariable issue backed by a second opinion then. I'll get right on it.

When you say "get stuck" do you mean that you are no longer able to uncuff them and they remain in the animation loop forever or are frozen solid?

I found that if you cuffed them you were unable to release them. After playing last night I think its only if they are prone. It maybe an interaction with another Mod, we will try and work out whats happening for you as its not consistent.

We played an HVI capture mission last night but could not ID the right guy. So we lifted out a whole bunch of villagers just to make sure. Added a whole new dimension to the game, good work !

Reezo - Got charged by a Suicide Bomber while searching a prisoner using this module. Keep up that 360 boys !

Reezo - Got charged by a Suicide Bomber while searching a prisoner using this module. Keep up that 360 boys !

Thanks! ;) but if I get anyone here saying thanks to anyone but Nielsen, I am going to get upset :)

CIM is great, we are hopefully going to use it for our Reezrepo campaign at SR5 Tactical, it is one of those things that should have been in a simulator in the first place ;) maybe BIS wants to test our developing skillzors ;)

I found that if you cuffed them you were unable to release them. After playing last night I think its only if they are prone. It maybe an interaction with another Mod, we will try and work out whats happening for you as its not consistent.

Thanks man. The prone thing might explain why I could not reproduce. I did not think of that. But I have tested the physical actions on prone civs. I will keep it in mind, and see if I can figure it out. Any more info you can find is greatly appreciated.

We played an HVI capture mission last night but could not ID the right guy. So we lifted out a whole bunch of villagers just to make sure. Added a whole new dimension to the game, good work !

This made me smile. Thats exactly the type of stuff that I love about Arma (and community content). Several times we have completed our objectives perfectly only to let our guards down on exfill, and have one of Reezos (trigger)men do us over on our way back :D. I'm really happy that I could contribute to your experiences. I allways run my mouth, so I'll tell you the experience that made me finally decide to do the CIM:

While clearing a compound in Sangin we enter a building. My buddy looks out the window and spots an IED spotter on a little dirthill in a nearby compound. Sneaky bastard is on his belly looking over the compound wall and down the street, waiting for us to roll past. We rush the compound and get a hold of the hadji. We search him (with ACE interaction), but find nothing. We then decide that he is a risk and that we can not leave him... but the ACE arrest is really just a "setCaptive". He flashed some jazz-hands one time and then he just stood there. So then the only thing we could do, was to get the troops out of the area, and neutralize the civ quietly - off the record.:butbut:.. We were so psyched that we caught a triggerman that it was really a letdown when we realized that we had to kill him. Next time - running CIM - he will get the full treatment (I'm talking orange jumpsuits and intercontinental flights) :D

Thanks! ;) but if I get anyone here saying thanks to anyone but Nielsen, I am going to get upset :)

CIM is great, we are hopefully going to use it for our Reezrepo campaign at SR5 Tactical, it is one of those things that should have been in a simulator in the first place ;) maybe BIS wants to test our developing skillzors ;)

Thats all good. There is enough appreciation to go around ;).

I'm glad you like it. I myself really feels that it compliments the EOD aspect rather nicely :cool:. I just hope I can get it working right on dedicated. I'm rather excited to hear if the new version fixes most of the dedicated problems... Hehe yeah, theyr prolly just testing us out :p

I'm glad you like it. I myself really feels that it compliments the EOD aspect rather nicely

Absolutely, EOD+CIM is now an absolute must, it is a no-brainer just by looking at the features of both mods.

okey. so i added the mod, make a simple editor-mission with a couple of civilians and a soldier from the west side. then i press preview. i press the shift button and roll the wheel so the commands shows, press the mousewheel and my caracter says "yalla" or whatever. but the civilians do nothing... they stand there and look at me like nothing ever happend. i repeat and repeat, but nothing happens. when i go to an individual and searches him, i get the inventory list of him, but anything other than that, nothing happens. are they just stubborn or have i sat up the mission wrong? is there any example-mission aviable?

please help! if i get this to work i would guess i would rule!

...it is a no-brainer just by looking at the features of both mods.

No doubt :)

okey. so i added the mod, make a simple editor-mission with a couple of civilians and a soldier from the west side. then i press preview. i press the shift button and roll the wheel so the commands shows, press the mousewheel and my caracter says "yalla" or whatever. but the civilians do nothing... they stand there and look at me like nothing ever happend. i repeat and repeat, but nothing happens. when i go to an individual and searches him, i get the inventory list of him, but anything other than that, nothing happens. are they just stubborn or have i sat up the mission wrong? is there any example-mission aviable?

please help! if i get this to work i would guess i would rule!

Just setting it up with nothing else in the editor? Are you remembering to run CBA also? That is the only thing I can think of right now, that might cause something like that. Are you running Arma2 AND OA? If yes, then please duplicate the error and post your .rpt file, and let me have a look at it.

If you dont know how, then look below.

To post .rpt info:

The file can be found at:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

You will need to have "display hidden files and folders" enabled. Please open that file in a text editor. Delete everything in it and save it. Then run arma and duplicate the error. Exit arma, open the .rpt file and copy the content into a spoiler in a post here.

Fist off good work on this. It really adds to arma. However there are some issues id like fixed for your next release.

1. Chopper that spawn with the module. Please make this a init command in the module so for people who play USMC can have USMC equipment for the extraction chopper.

2. Init command for dictating what chopper spawns by class name so we can use other addons like CH-53 and CH-46 addons for the extraction chopper.

3. This biggest bug of all is. Locality when giving commands. So far the voice is global by anyone who gives a command so i can hear someone issuing order across all of Takistan. Needs to come from the players body instead.

4. Option to just turn off the extraction chopper all together.

5. Once in subject is in prisoner. An option to release him from group but the civ set to captive and not walk away so my ingame Holding area can function properly. I realy want to make use of the jail i have set up in my FOB on MSO lol. Maybe this new action to order the civ will only be avalable when within x meters of the POW map marker i have setup so players do not accidentally set some more civ lose in a town that is set to captive and not walk anyware for the rest of the game.

Edited by Cytreen

Fist off good work on this. It really adds to arma. However there are some issues id like fixed for your next release.

1. Chopper that spawn with the module. Please make this a init command in the module so for people who play USMC can have USMC equipment for the extraction chopper.

2. Init command for dictating what chopper spawns by class name so we can use other addons like CH-53 and CH-46 addons for the extraction chopper.

3. This biggest bug of all is. Locality when giving commands. So far the voice is global by anyone who gives a command so i can hear someone issuing order across all of Takistan. Needs to come from the players body instead.

4. Option to just turn off the extraction chopper all together.

5. Once in subject is in prisoner. An option to release him from group but the civ set to captive and not walk away so my ingame Holding area can function properly. I realy want to make use of the jail i have set up in my FOB on MSO lol. Maybe this new action to order the civ will only be avalable when within x meters of the POW map marker i have setup so players do not accidentally set some more civ lose in a town that is set to captive and not walk anyware for the rest of the game.

1-2. I'll think about this. I certainly want to make as many options as possible, but before I do this I'll prolly first add support for east choppers. I'll keep it in mind though.

3. Yeah, that's not cool. Not sure how to fix it yet though. I'll look into it. In the meantime you can switch the audio off I'f it's too bad.

4. You can do that now with

this setVariable ["nielsen_cim_AllowExtraction", false];

in the module init. It's all in the readme.

5. I dont think that is really viable. I thought long and hard not too clutter up the menu with too many actions. And first I did let them stay put when released. But that does not seem like the best behaviour overall, thats why they now regroup theyr old group. If you want them to stay put you can allways keycuff them. They wont go anywhere ;)... If that breaks immersion for you, then you can just make them stay there with a trigger or something. Just setup a trigger around the "holding zone" with civilian->present activation, and fire it with a variable or something. In the trigger activation have a "{doStop _x} forEach thislist;". That way everytime you fire that trigger all civs inside will stop.

Edited by Nielsen

1-2. I'll think about this. I certainly want to make as many options as possible, but before I do this I'll prolly first add support for east choppers. I'll keep it in mind though.

3. Yeah, that's not cool. Not sure how to fix it yet though. I'll look into it. In the meantime you can switch the audio off I'f it's too bad.

4. You can do that now with

this setVariable ["nielsen_cim_AllowExtraction", false];

in the module init. It's all in the readme.

5. I dont think that is really viable. I thought long and hard not too clutter up the menu with too many actions. And first I did let them stay put when released. But that does not seem like the best behaviour overall, thats why they now regroup theyr old group. If you want them to stay put you can allways keycuff them. They wont go anywhere ;)... If that breaks immersion for you, then you can just make them stay there with a trigger or something. Just setup a trigger around the "holding zone" with civilian->present activation, and fire it with a variable or something. In the trigger activation have a "{doStop _x} forEach thislist;". That way everytime you fire that trigger all civs inside will stop.

I was a bit unsure of number 5 but leaving them cuffed is still vary viable option for me. I know the guys in the same realism unit as i am are having a great time testing this mod out. I can see the usefulness for people who play ease side or even independent like PMC but changing the chopper would be nice addition once you figure out the opfor capability.

Not sure if its a bug or not but when i tell civs to dismount from a vehicle like a ural or something that has more than 1 civ per car. Once they get out they freeze in place and will no longer respond to commands. If i move the car away from them they everything works as it should. Keep in mind this was done within MSO mission so it might be something in there Civ AI causing the small issue.

I was a bit unsure of number 5 but leaving them cuffed is still vary viable option for me. I know the guys in the same realism unit as i am are having a great time testing this mod out. I can see the usefulness for people who play ease side or even independent like PMC but changing the chopper would be nice addition once you figure out the opfor capability.

I'm glad others are getting some fun out of this too :)

Yeah, my buddy is all into the russian stuff, so I cant really turn my back on that. But I will deff. look into making the chopper classname a variable. But I gotta put some work into that one, cause right now I spawn crew into specific positions and stuff, so gotta think about it.

Not sure if its a bug or not but when i tell civs to dismount from a vehicle like a ural or something that has more than 1 civ per car. Once they get out they freeze in place and will no longer respond to commands. If i move the car away from them they everything works as it should. Keep in mind this was done within MSO mission so it might be something in there Civ AI causing the small issue.

Hmm. Not sure about that one. That action still only "doGetOut" and "AllowGetIn = false", with a "doStop" for good measure. Not sure if the allowgetin makes them act weird, but that needs to be there. I've taken the doStop out for the next version, that might help. I'll prolly do an .fsm for it at some point.

If you guys test it out on (relatively) big scale, I'd appreciate a word on bugs, but also if you had a smooth ride, so I know that it's moving in the right direction. :)

EDIT: I'm getting tired. I thought I fixed the sound problem but I overlooked something. I'll look into it though!

Edited by Nielsen

I take it there is no reason to detain or even cuff a civy unless something is added to their inventory manually that is based on the mission?

I take it there is no reason to detain or even cuff a civy unless something is added to their inventory manually that is based on the mission?

That is correct... However - to tell you a secret - the next update will take care of that too ;)

Right now the "physical actions" are mostly usefull in conjunction with mission setups or Reezos EOD mod (to haul off triggermen).

Edited by Nielsen

That is correct... However - to tell you a secret - the next update will take care of that too ;)

Oh you sneaky little bastard!

:D

New version 0.2 out!

Updated the first post.

As time irl is getting more sparse these next weeks, I thought I might as well release where I'm at with the addon right now. Some important bugfixes, and the addition of some new features are in this release. The new 'Reaction Module' still only has 4 types of events, and they prolly need some tweaking. I'll look into that when I have time.

There has been some changes. Make sure to read the readme.pdf for instructions on how to use the new modules.

And please let me know what you think :)

Thanks Foxhound!

I just released a small hotfix update (v. 0.21). The command I wrote in the readme for setting the number of markers was wrong. Of course that would make the whole module break, so I would not suffice with stating the error in a post. That's why I've thrown up such a small update.

The correct command for setting number of markers is:

this setVariable ["nielsen_crm_Locations",1];

0.22 is out with a readme that will actually let you use the new modules.

I must confess that there were two more errors in the readme :o (Thanks goes to LAxemann for telling me about them).

The OP has been updated to 0.22, which should have correct information on the CRM module in the readme.

Sorry for the tripple update in a day. I try to save up the updates so the changelog actually has several entries, but alas, this false information in the readme was a "module-breaker". I think it is straightened out now though. :)

I tried out the CIM (latest update before the hotfixes) with two other fellow team mates. We only used the CEM and the CIM, synced to each player and used Reezo's EOD Roadblock mission.

We had no problems integrating the two. The mission worked perfect, the action menu options from CIM and CEM worked great to get known VBIED drivers to get out, then we detained them and hauled them off via chopper.

Great work thus far. I know that's not a lot of detail for what all we did, but your readme was great, easy to understand, even for a noob. Keep up the great work.

We had no problems integrating the two. The mission worked perfect, the action menu options from CIM and CEM worked great to get known VBIED drivers to get out, then we detained them and hauled them off via chopper.

Great work thus far. I know that's not a lot of detail for what all we did, but your readme was great, easy to understand, even for a noob. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the feedback man. As long as you did not have problems with it, a "worked perfectly" is great feedback. That makes me less uneasy about the functionality, and lets me know that someone finds it interesting and/or usefull.

If you encounter problems, or have ideas/wishes for further updates, dont hesitate to tell me. :)

I plan to try out the CRM tonight, with the fixes you mentioned pertaining to the markers, and see how that goes. Are there any other future plans or functions that you expect to put into the module as a whole, or just adding more "events" into the CRM?

No requests or anything, just curious.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NOTE- I forgot to mention that when key cuffing a female suspect, they do not sit in the same respective "hands bound behind the back" animation as do males suspects. I don't think this is a module problem, but is default to any female character ingame. All she does is crouch down, but the action menu still works properly in the respect that after cuffing her, it changes to "Uncuff Suspect" or what have you.

Again, I don't think it's a bug, but note worthy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Added 20 minutes later BUG REPORT

This is pertaining to the Civilian Reaction Module- I am running A2:CO on Utes with the four wheeler, a USMC rifleman and only the CRM module with this in it's initialization:

this setVariable ["nielsen_crm_events",["gathering"]]; this setVariable ["nielsen_crm_locations",1]; this setVariable ["nielsen_crm_events_chance",1]; this setVariable ["nielsen_crm_events_range", 1500]; this setVariable ["nielsen_crm_events_multiplier", 1.2];

"Gathering"

I have one marker on the map called "crm_marker_1". The CRM is sync'd to my soldier.

Anyways, I get a huge script error when running the mission. I do get the "gathering" of civilians around the marker, I do get the tire burning, so it does function, but the rpt file still puts out this error.

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueFaction/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueClass/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueFaction/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueClass/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

[35779,926.348,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[35779,927.538,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[35779,927.288,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

"nielsen_cRm_events_Server.sqf is running."

"nielsen_cRm_checkLocations_Server.sqf is running. CRM_AllCities is: any"

"nielsen_cRm_intel_client.sqf is running."

[35908,928.878,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[35908,928.964,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, ace=1.13.0.522, acex=1.13.0.353, acex_ru=1.13.0.64, acex_usnavy=1.13.0.67, "]

[35908,929.51,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=3, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=B 1-1-A:1 (Jeff), _playerType=ACE_USMC_Soldier_D", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A]

"CRM - Riot triggered. Spawning 11 civilians, of types ["TK_CIV_Takistani01_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani02_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani03_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani05_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani06_EP1","TK_CIV_Worker01_EP1","TK_CIV_Worker02_EP1"]"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Worker02_EP1, pos any"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Takistani02_EP1, pos any"

Error in expression <irePile,random 360,[3,10],false,1] call SHK_pos;>

Error position: <SHK_pos;>

Error Undefined variable in expression: shk_pos

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Takistani06_EP1, pos any"

Error in expression <_thisMan moveTo _newPos;>

Error position: <_newPos;>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _newpos

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Worker01_EP1, pos any"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Takistani01_EP1, pos any"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Takistani05_EP1, pos any"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Takistani05_EP1, pos any"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Worker02_EP1, pos any"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Takistani03_EP1, pos any"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Takistani06_EP1, pos any"

"grp: C 1-1-A,type TK_CIV_Takistani02_EP1, pos any"

"CRM - Riot triggered. Civilians: any"

"Ambush" Same Init Field conditions, except for changing event type to "Ambush"

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeModules/controls/CA_ValueFaction/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeModules/controls/CA_ValueClass/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeModules/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

[93675,2771.15,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[93675,2772.32,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[93675,2772.07,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

[93698,2773.1,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[93698,2773.19,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, ace=1.13.0.522, acex=1.13.0.353, acex_ru=1.13.0.64, acex_usnavy=1.13.0.67, "]

[93698,2773.72,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=7, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=B 1-1-A:1 (Jeff), _playerType=ACE_USMC_Soldier_D", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A]

Error in expression <= _house buildingPos 0;

};

_unit = _grp createUnit [_enemyType, _spawnPos, [], 0>

Error position: <createUnit [_enemyType, _spawnPos, [], 0>

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

"Intel"

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeModules/controls/CA_ValueFaction/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeModules/controls/CA_ValueClass/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeModules/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

[99043,2999.63,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[99043,3000.81,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[99043,3000.56,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

[99062,3001.6,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[99062,3001.69,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, ace=1.13.0.522, acex=1.13.0.353, acex_ru=1.13.0.64, acex_usnavy=1.13.0.67, "]

[99062,3002.22,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=8, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=B 1-1-A:1 (Jeff), _playerType=ACE_USMC_Soldier_D", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A]

Error in expression <andom(count _civilians)));

_unit = _grp createUnit [_CivType, _SpawnPos, [], 0, >

Error position: <createUnit [_CivType, _SpawnPos, [], 0, >

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

"CRM - Intel triggered. Civilian: any"

"Massacre" Massacre actually works, but again, here's the error code.

[112978,3345.54,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[112978,3346.71,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[112978,3346.47,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]

[113151,3348.41,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[113151,3348.5,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, ace=1.13.0.522, acex=1.13.0.353, acex_ru=1.13.0.64, acex_usnavy=1.13.0.67, "]

[113151,3349.03,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=10, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=B 1-1-A:1 (Jeff), _playerType=ACE_USMC_Soldier_D", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A]

"CRM - Masssacre triggered. Spawning 15 civilians, of types ["TK_CIV_Takistani01_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani02_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani03_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani05_EP1","TK_CIV_Takistani06_EP1","TK_CIV_Worker01_EP1","TK_CIV_Worker02_EP1"]"

"CRM - Massacre triggered. Preexisting Civilian: any"

Not trying to be a bother, but hopefully these are all easy fixes for you. "Intel" and "Ambush" don't produce any people at all.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

Not trying to be a bother, but hopefully these are all easy fixes for you. "Intel" and "Ambush" don't produce any people at all.

That's no bother at all! I really appreciate the feedback. Thats doing me a favour man. Please do report any bugs you find, and I will try to solve them.

Regarding the ones you just posted:

You are right about the female civs. They cannot go prone, and they cannot use male animations (keycuffs). Nothing I can do about it afaik.

Gathering: Not sure about this one. I will look into it. I'm glad the stuff spawns at least. I'll check it out.

Ambush & Intel: Well spoted. I think I know whats causing this. Earlier I corrected a (potential game-crashing) bug that related to houses not having path LODs. I think that a related issue is causing these errors too. That is why the problem shows up on Utes but not on Takistan. That should be an easy fix I think. I'll look into it asap.

Massacre: None of those are CIM errors. Most of them are about ACE and CBA. The ones that do relate to the addon are not errors but just debug messages. Because the addon is still in beta it has a "debug-mode" enabled by default. This will throw diag_log to your .rpt telling you what's going on. (I check it continously while testing to make sure stuff has been spawned and such).

ETA on update: I am extremely busy irl this week, so I cannot say for sure when I have time to fix this. Besides work it is my main priority though, so it should not take too long.

Thanks a bunch for a detailed bug-report. Posting the settings and .rpt obviously makes it a lot easier to track down issues :).

Regards,

EDIT:

Are there any other future plans or functions that you expect to put into the module as a whole, or just adding more "events" into the CRM?

Certainly. I plan on adding more events. All I need is time and ideas. Of course as long as there are bugs they will be my main priority, but I'm deff. going to add more stuff. If you've got some (more or less) feasible ideas I'd love to hear them. :)

Edited by Nielsen
addition

The only other idea I have at the moment, and I'm not saying it'd be easy or even possible, is to have a "gathering" but mixed with some enemy combatants hidden in the crowd, that may or may not attack the soldiers and then run away. Or, if a soldier fires on a crowd, they either turn against the soldiers, or even run away in fear.

Other than that, is there any way you can add an action to have people get back into their vehicles after having them get out to be searched?. Have a good week though

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

The only other idea I have at the moment, and I'm not saying it'd be easy or even possible, is to have a "gathering" but mixed with some enemy combatants hidden in the crowd, that may or may not attack the soldiers and then run away. Or, if a soldier fires on a crowd, they either turn against the soldiers, or even run away in fear.

Other than that, is there any way you can add an action to have people get back into their vehicles after having them get out to be searched?. Have a good week though

The gathering thing is already planned :).. I gave some of them weapons without turning them hostile to give some tension. I figured it is a shame to have that weapons=kill all the time. It could be cool with a bit more strict ROE to create suspense. I plan on evolving the .FSM file for "gathering behaviour" to include a chance of weaponbearers turning hostile. That wont be hard at all. I will make sure it makes it into the next update.

Regarding shooting around the crowd that is a bit more difficult (at least to me). I've allready experimented with it, to get civilians to flee to safety if you fire your gun. I thought it would be a cool way of dispersing the crowd in a pinch. But the "firednear" eventhandler that I used was really unreliable and did more harm than good imo. If I figure out how to make this work reliably I will make sure to make good use of it. ;)

Regarding sending people back in their vehicles: Yes of course. Not sure why I have not done this already. Especially since the 'get out' command excludes them from reentering vehicles (else ALICE civs would get right back in and step on it). And since I've currently only got one command for vehicles it wont even clutter up the action menu. I'll make sure this i featured asap.

Let me know if you get more ideas.