Sign in to follow this  
Malden7

Loosing controls randomly during game play

Hello

I have just started to play Take on helicopters, All is good so far, however randomly during game play i looser control the helicopter. I have done restarts, remapped the controller within the game. shut down pc and started again. It has done this a few times now, there is no issues with my joy stick, I am using a Extreme 3D Pro, the 1st time it happened I thought my joy stick was nackerd so i fried up MS Flight Sim 10 and no issues. This is becoming frustration. Can anybody tell me where or what I am doing wrong ?

Which flight model do you use? In expert mode you have to trim, trim & trim again. :)

You are probably in an overspeed stall. You need to raise the nose and lower collective slightly when your speed starts to go into the 'red zone'.

Jedra is correct , it happens to me a lot because I didn't watch the dial :)

Especially when you go over a steep peak at high speed it seems some physics is saying Alert and I spin out of control I spun so fast even auto pilot cannot recover haha

Great game I love it

Depend on what you mean as "lost control", do your control suddenly stop response to any control input even in a simple slow forward stable flight, or did you suddenly encounter roll and pitch movement when in high speed flight?

Which flight model do you use? In expert mode you have to trim, trim & trim again. :)

I never trim anything.. Except for veeeery long travel.

Next time you "loose" control try to check if your "pilot" can still move the stick. If yes so.. May be you're overspeed ;)

If no ahmm.. It'll be yes.. ^^

Thanks for your reply's, random loss of control was not due to speed. as it happens I have not had the issue for some time now. however I will keep an eye on my speed..

ah yes this happend to me once. I lost control , whent to external view and saw that i didnt have any rotors anymore. Funny enough i still flew straight ...

in sims funny things can happend. i remember doing a 15 min startup , took off with a wingmen next too me and the ******* crashed into me .... i was wtf ... but things can happen =)