Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86705

So the only remaining showstopper for me is the selection of weapons in mp.

It is often painfully slow and sometimes you don't get what you selected and so on. Only the host player doesn't have this problem.

This happens with nearly every mp map where you can select your weapons and there are already bug reports for that.

Probably not for 1.60 but this is the bug which we cross the most and which creates the most complaints.

Not sure if you can make suggestions here, but I would LOVE it if you made Combined Ops Lite.. (Like PMC Lite) so that people who only have OA can play on CO servers, but see low res textures on ArmA 2 objects..

There are so many nice weapons and especially vehicles that are only in ArmA 2 that I would love to put into our Life mission. We tried making the mission CO once, but we ended up losing 50-75% of our players so we went back to OA pretty quick... :(

/ Preed of Urban Life

Not sure if you can make suggestions here, but I would LOVE it if you made Combined Ops Lite.. (Like PMC Lite) so that people who only have OA can play on CO servers, but see low res textures on ArmA 2 objects..

There are so many nice weapons and especially vehicles that are only in ArmA 2 that I would love to put into our Life mission. We tried making the mission CO once, but we ended up losing 50-75% of our players so we went back to OA pretty quick... :(

/ Preed of Urban Life

If you have OA I thought you could use ArmA 2 Free to combine into ArmA CO?

/ Preed of Urban Life

PreedSwe

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator

Your post is irrelevent to this discussion, is not the correct topic for this forum, and is the topic of another discussion in the correct forum. Please excercise greater conscienciousness when posting in the future. Thank you.

The other thread I mentioned is available here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=127486

Statistics is not working on multiplayer after the 1.6 betas!

When i play multiplayer and kill somebody or get killed then check statistics after opening the map, does not show anything that happened.

we played yesterday a 10player coop TFOR with the beta and its so fuc*** amazing. THX BIS!!! No Warping anymore. Ist a rebirth of the game. Also JIP much smoother. How need BF3 when we can have ArmA2 CO with patch 1.60.....

Greetings

Statistics is not working on multiplayer after the 1.6 betas!

When i play multiplayer and kill somebody or get killed then check statistics after opening the map, does not show anything that happened.

Then the server has disabled netstats: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

NetStats=1; // (1.09 and later) Enables the scoreboard functionality in MP

Before this beta, the NetStats difficulty setting by mistake did not take care of the scoreboard functionality in the map.

Before this beta, the NetStats difficulty setting by mistake did not take care of the scoreboard functionality in the map.

Ah, I always wondered about that. :)

The peeps at Charlie Foxtrot are in for a shock, I think. :D

I would love to see the bullet impact for clients fixed.

Say I am a spotter and my mate is a sniper if I try to spot his rounds over 500m I think it is I dont see a splash.

There is a ticket going but I am just on me way out.

That would be a great fix.

P.S

If we could get a new feature like the bullet trails spotters use eg

The spotter slightly puts the scope out of focus and he is then able to see the bullet trail down range.

Not sure if this is possible though.

There's existing ticket - link to it, vote for it, and ask people to vote for it if they agree.

Question: Do clients also need a patch or can they play with official 1.59?

The latest betas have 1.60 as major version, thus breaking compatibility with base 1.59 clients.

I would love to see the bullet impact for clients fixed.

Say I am a spotter and my mate is a sniper if I try to spot his rounds over 500m I think it is I dont see a splash.

There is a ticket going but I am just on me way out.

That would be a great fix.

Just had a look for the ticket cant seem to find it.

Hey thanks.

I did search bullet impact and looked through all 3 pages but I missed that some how?.

Any ways this would be nice to see fixed or extended to at least 2000m.

Thanks

Edited by stk2008

Hey thanks.

I did search bullet impact and looked through all 3 pages but I missed that some how?.

Any ways this would be nice to see fixed or extended to at least 2000m.

Thanks

It all depends. If it's locked at a low value right now for a good reason, it should stay that way.

It should only be changed if it doesn't negatively affect everybody.

Even 1000 would be enough, 2000 is a little bit too much

No I believe 2000m is a good range, serious sniper teamplay are around those ranges.

I saw a few players the other night shooting 2km.

This would be a fantastic fix, would it also apply to MP?

Thats the whole point mate it is meant to fix MP bullet impact.

Though I have not tested the SP impacts I think they show up at well over 1000m.

Its MP that it seems to be limited.

And in MP we need it increased due to lack of spotter feedback as he cant say to the sniper where it landed there for telling him what adjustments to make.

Since bullets are simulated on all connected machines, it's rather weird that not-local impacts don't show up beyond 500m. The same distance as Single Player should be fine, if there is actually a distance limit other than zoom being the limitation.