Sign in to follow this  
stgn

STGN's WIP

abrams.gifabrams2.gif

Something I am working on.

If anybody knows of a good source of inside pictures that is not www.primeportal.net then please share, I am particularly looking for photos, that are not from a profile angle, of electronics and sighting equipment.

STGN

Edited by STGN
spelling

There are alread like 50 Abrams for OFP and everyone looks better then that

Clean,efficient and good looking work STGN. ;)

Anything constructive to say?

Nice work STGN :)

Can you please show me your awesome version so that I can agree with your statement?

50 abrams hmm? please enlighten my ignorance besides a considerably amount of BIS reskins I only know of Sigma-6 remodels of BIS Abrams and King Homers M1A2 which seems to be an evolution of the sigma-6 model.

About looks, well I agree when it comes to textures but its fare from done in that department, you only see the ambient occlusion. Anything specific you think is bad looking?

STGN

I really love the M1 Abrams, no matter the amount of them out there (as you said, mostly re-skins and re-models). This one so far is looking pretty detailed and I almost can't wait to see what it looks like textured. :)

+1 warning for that lame flamebaiting attempt.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then refrain from posting.

It's true that we have way too many addons but most of them are using awful original models.

As for screenshots, how about some proxy filling?

Great job on the Abrams!

There are alread like 50 trolls in BIS forums and everyone can do better than you :yay:

Sorry, could not resist :o

Wow STGN, I was sure that under this topic I'll see another state-of-the-art AR-15 models, but this is real surprise!

Will you make some older variants like M1, M1IP and M1A1? If yes, could you give them more attention? We already have decent M1A2 SEP, but nothing for 1980's era apart from BIS M1 and Sigma's ones.

Considering this beast is coming from the same stable that produced the top-notch M4/M16s, this will be something to behold.

Looking good. Any plans for special features/scripts?

Well I know nothing about scripting but it would be nice to have smoke launcher and engine smoke generator. Some kind of hull down script for the AI would be nice if possible??

It's true that we have way too many addons but most of them are using awful original models.

As for screenshots, how about some proxy filling?

Not sure I agree about the too many addons proposition.

Okay heres some shots which better show the model:

abrams2.jpg

abrams1.jpg

Wow STGN, I was sure that under this topic I'll see another state-of-the-art AR-15 models, but this is real surprise!

Will you make some older variants like M1, M1IP and M1A1? If yes, could you give them more attention? We already have decent M1A2 SEP, but nothing for 1980's era apart from BIS M1 and Sigma's ones.

Ha, I haven't stopped working on M4's but anyway your in luck because the first version I am making will be the M1A1(M1 aficionados will notice that the smoke-grenade box is the newer version, that will change) I will also make a 1985 version(no CITV hole). I want to make a M1(both the first version and the late version with the IP(minus extra armor) upgrades, and M1IP at some point have already made the base shape of the M1 turret. Have no current plans for making M1A2 and later versions.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

STGN

Edited by STGN

Your model looks quite sexy...

Edited by Robster

Considering this beast is coming from the same stable that produced the top-notch M4/M16s, this will be something to behold.

Indeed if STGN put even 10% of the absolute dedication he had to produce the m4/m16 into that tank, there's no doubt that addon will be something amazing.

Those ambient occlusion renders look already quite nice STGN.

Well I know nothing about scripting but it would be nice to have smoke launcher and engine smoke generator. Some kind of hull down script for the AI would be nice if possible??

Smoke-grenade launcher would be great (it's used also in RHS and ORCS tanks, shame that AI can't handle it automatically), but maybe you can try to make commander's MG workable? RHS and Inquisitor were working on such system, where commander (while sitting outside of turret) was automatically mounting machine gun, which was defined as another vehicle. Adding MG to moving object is not so hard to do (look at Footmuch's planes and Gnat's frigates), thing is to force commander to move to MG when choosing "turn out" option.

Smoke-grenade launcher would be great (it's used also in RHS and ORCS tanks, shame that AI can't handle it automatically), but maybe you can try to make commander's MG workable? RHS and Inquisitor were working on such system, where commander (while sitting outside of turret) was automatically mounting machine gun, which was defined as another vehicle. Adding MG to moving object is not so hard to do (look at Footmuch's planes and Gnat's frigates), thing is to force commander to move to MG when choosing "turn out" option.

No, I wont even bother I am an graphics "artist" not a scriptwriter besides if I remember correctly driving over rough ground created problems with the turret position on the tanks.

STGN

STGN, what about TUSK version? ;) Will you do this?

as far as im aware the TUSK version is for the M1A2 which STGN said he has no current plans to do, doesn't take much to read.;)

... tank

That's very nice tank STGN! Especially camo - makes it visible target for OpFor units :D

as far as im aware the TUSK version is for the M1A2 which STGN said he has no current plans to do, doesn't take much to read.;)
On August 29, 2006 General Dynamics Land Systems received a US Army order for 505 Tank Urban Survivability Kits (TUSK) for Abrams main battle tanks supporting operations in Iraq, under a US$45 million contract. The add-on kit will be provided for M1A1 and M1A2-series tanks to enhance crew survivability in urban environments. The kit ordered by the Army consists of a Loader's Armor Gun Shield (LAGS), a Tank Infantry Phone (TIP), Abrams Reactive Armor Tiles (ARAT), a Remote Thermal Sight (RTS) and a Power Distribution Box (PDB). Deliveries are expected to be complete by April 2009.

According to this source, TUSK is available also for M1A1. But probably still too modern for era that STGN is aiming for.

That's very nice tank STGN! Especially camo - makes it visible target for OpFor units :D

Hehe, that's the infamous Rubik's cube camo scheme :D

Hehe, that's the infamous Rubik's cube camo scheme :D

It works well, the Russians get confused ;)