Sign in to follow this  
SpragClutch

Sooo Disappointed!

Result of Expert flying with kb/mouse only, no TrackIR:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=127150

I would say that proves that "total control" of the light heli is completely achievable with kb/mouse only and the current FM, even at extreme "red zone" speeds.

In an effort to provide something actually constructive:o to this thread, I offer the following.

An example of flying 'keyboard/mouse' with the Medium helicopter.

Demonstrated: pickup and dropoff of 2 slingloads using Expert flight difficulties, ie; wind effects, no autotrim.

The 5 second hover in first person for slingload attachment was especially hard for me to perform. :banghead:

here is an example what kind of flying is possible with the current flightmodel in expert mode

not easy but possible.

hehe.. Reverse works to.. :yay:

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

The actual pychical flying of a helicopter is mostly brain muscle. Like walking, or riding a bike. When one gets good at it one does not need to actually think about actually flying the helicopter, but allows the pilot to focus on other important tasks.

SO I HAVE A CHALLENG FOR ANYONE HERE. Post a video of u being able to hover around in full control of the helicopter ranging your speed from o to 40 knots and altitude from 0 to 30 ft. And be able to land the left skid where u want it every time.

The thing is, this is impossoble with the current flight model.

Im not so consern about flight models, but the ability to be able to enjoy the game by being able to do what a helicopter can do in real life.

Im glad some people enjoy the game so much that they defend it by saying someone else is a lier.

Yes im dissappointed. I got my say out. Im now done.

Just my 2 cents

hehe.. Reverse works to.. :yay:

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

What kind of device were u using in the box video, HonO?

Thanks

G0sZKHdW

For rudder I use my Logitech Momo's pedals x'D

momo.jpg?1320064137

Ooooh ! And In the Box video it's the DEFAULT flight model ! Not the NightStalker's One

It's a bit "stupid" but I'm much more accurate while using momo's pedal than my dad's Saitek rudder cause on momo or every other "car" pedal to perform a left "turn" (sorry me noob ^^) you can push the left pedal OR release the right one.. I'm usualy flying at 20% pression on each pedals = neutral... (Weigth of my feet...) So I discoverd this "astuce...".

I'm using a Logitech G940. I originally tried to fly with an Xbox 360 controller but it just didn't have the fine control needed.

This games needs a proper joystick and an analogue throttle (to control the collective) otherwise it will be a very frustrating experience.

If you are a real pilot, you will start to appreciate the game more with a more appropriate input device.

I read somewhere that Logitech joysticks are not completely compatible with TOH. It seems to me that you can not adjust your sensitivity. Am I right?

I guess it must be very disabling because I spent a lot of time to find the sensitivity that allows me to keep the stationary properly.

In the end I use two buttons that allow me to change my sensitivity "on the fly".

Edited by hon0

I like your setup hon0.

That's,,, dedicated:)

What"s the name of that mouse sitting there, minding its own business ?

Thanks.

I read somewhere that Logitech joysticks are not completely compatible with TOH. It seems to me that you can not adjust your sensitivity. Am I right?

Sensitivity adjustment is fine on the G940. It's a bit of a pain to find that 'sweet spot' but once you get there it's done. I am going to experiment with assigning the torque to the G940's brakes instead of the twist rudder as it might be more natural. I am finding that twisting the pedals gives me too much torque either way whereas I think I might be more gentle pushing the pedals.

I like your setup hon0.

That's,,, dedicated:)

What"s the name of that mouse sitting there, minding its own business ?

Thanks.

Razer Naga