Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

This is a bit OT from the update (working well for me ATM). I did see a few times the lobby kick said 15 seconds twice but no big deal there.

Could any explain a little further exactly what the #shutdown command does. It seems to work better for me than a task kill for some reason.

I've figured out how to do a #shutdown then and "if process exists" task kill it and continue my startup script. Hoping to gain a little bit of knowledge as to how it works and why it seems to work better for me :) Thanks!

@cortez471

@Watarimono

Only thing I can think is that this is not BEC related, it could be something with your startup parameters.

Check out post #55 trough #58 and see if you get any closer to a solution.

If error persist, post here or email us (support@ibattle.org) your parameters and configs so we can try to reproduce it for future reference.

Only thing i can think that is different is i am running on arma 3 and not arma 2 but the start up params seem fine to me.

@cortez471

@Watarimono

Only thing I can think is that this is not BEC related, it could be something with your startup parameters.

Check out post #55 trough #58 and see if you get any closer to a solution.

If error persist, post here or email us (support@ibattle.org) your parameters and configs so we can try to reproduce it for future reference.

After a few days of tearing my hair out and finally selling my soul to the devil we found the problem.

In my BEserver.cfg I had two spaces between Rconpassword and the password itself.

"RconPassword XXXX"

So apperantly BEC took the password as " XXXX" and not "XXXX". BattleWarden and other Rcon software didn't have a problem with this but BEC did.

Case closed, learn from my mistakes ;)

@Watarimono Glad you figured it out :)

@cortez471 Can you try and see if you also have any spaces in your BEserver.cfg on the Rcon line.

@ballou #390

I have 5 becs running but have noticed a problem since the latest round of updates, if i have a server empty bec stops working in the console window, querybot stops responding, usually a quick reboot sorts it out, its not happened before
Maybe BattlEye on the server is trying to update, if there is a BattlEye update, BattlEye will not update while there are players on the server, it will try and update when the server is empty. Maby this has changed but as far as I know this was how BattlEye behaved in Arma2.

Details also mailed to support: latest 1.55 error: http://puu.sh/3Qe1P.png

Thanks.

The Problem is the Bec.lib as i see.

Are you tested it with my Bec.lib? -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127978-B-E-C-quot-Battleye-Extended-Controls-quot-Admin-Tool&p=2450362&viewfull=1#post2450362

PS: are you that Inch with this many Wasteland servers?^^

@Shona

You should always use the Bec.lib that follows the latest Bec version, not doing this could cause incompability if there has been changes done.

The psutil has been updated in latest version (Bec 1.55) from 0.3.0 to 1.0.1

After a few days of tearing my hair out and finally selling my soul to the devil we found the problem.

In my BEserver.cfg I had two spaces between Rconpassword and the password itself.

"RconPassword XXXX"

So apperantly BEC took the password as " XXXX" and not "XXXX". BattleWarden and other Rcon software didn't have a problem with this but BEC did.

Case closed, learn from my mistakes ;)

Someone buy this man some cake and a beer, thank you very much for solving the issue. Was too busy coding last night to be bothered to check my self >.<

@Shona

You should always use the Bec.lib that follows the latest Bec version, not doing this could cause incompability if there has been changes done.

The psutil has been updated in latest version (Bec 1.55) from 0.3.0 to 1.0.1

Yeah i know read here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127978-B-E-C-quot-Battleye-Extended-Controls-quot-Admin-Tool&p=2450182&viewfull=1#post2450182 i made this and it is version 1.01 from psutil thats why i ask if he test it with my version because i have no problems.

@ ltiisidii

Try to manually update your BE client & server files from Battleye.com

Also try to compare hash; MD5 or SHA1 to check that your BEC download arent corrupted.

Maby also try to get Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 Redistributable Package. Though 2010 should be backwards compatible.

Yes, i check the md5, is same.

I try to get and install: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86[/url] Redistributable Package x86

and also i manually update BE Client & server files.

:(

Your bepath in your .bat script is commented out, remove the :: and check the path.

I completely removed my starting batch files from the equation. Still get the "Waiting for Server". I've verified my BE path, tried local & public ip's. Scaled down the Config.cfg to make sure no errors. Updated and reinstalled twice to 1.55 Verified my firewall had exception for Bec.exe FFS THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY

@ballou #390

Quote Originally Posted by ballou View Post

I have 5 becs running but have noticed a problem since the latest round of updates, if i have a server empty bec stops working in the console window, querybot stops responding, usually a quick reboot sorts it out, its not happened before

Maybe BattlEye on the server is trying to update, if there is a BattlEye update, BattlEye will not update while there are players on the server, it will try and update when the server is empty. Maby this has changed but as far as I know this was how BattlEye behaved in Arma2.

I did a test when i seen this last night, i rebooted my bec(s) all 5 of them and 2 of them stopped responding @4.15 and 5.45 this morning, i checked the servers in question and they where still running, so i dont think its battleye update problems

also thanks for the help earlier i copied of the lib files and it worked

Is it possible to use the scheduler.xml to restart a different map each day ?, if so can someone give me an example please

Edited by ballou

The Problem is the Bec.lib as i see.

Are you tested it with my Bec.lib? -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127978-B-E-C-quot-Battleye-Extended-Controls-quot-Admin-Tool&p=2450362&viewfull=1#post2450362

PS: are you that Inch with this many Wasteland servers?^^

Hi,

Yes thats me I host many... hence wanting to resolve this issue.

Yes, I had already looked through this thread and tried my own bec.lib and yours. Still getting this error: http://puu.sh/3SMUk.png

Just for test purposes I know C++ is installed and OK. I wondered if you compiled anything with any x64 calls/dependency, so I also installed 2008 C++ x64 still get the above error. Could this be a ARMA 3 Beta issue. Also for test purposes I am running stable branch not 'dev.'

NOTE: I also don't keep configs in the arma 3 root, due to RemExs by skiddies i use a custom path (no there are no spaces...) both the client and server BE.dlls are in the correct folder.

Tested in Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and Windows Server 2012 Enterprise, same above issue. Configs are all OK (used to use BEC for A2... so I've been using it for many years).

Thanks again.

Inch

Edited by Inch

@ballou When you say five Becs, is it five separate installations of Bec or five instances running?

Was there any marked text in the console on the Becs that where stopping? I know that Bec may stop working if marked text exists.

Are you running any custom plugins?

Regarding changing maps trough the scheduler, you should be able to do this by using the command #mission test.utes.pbo in the <cmd> tag.

@DrMayhemMD #ServerExeName = arma3server_wl.exe (try to remove hash # and test)

Im looking at your previous post and noticed that you have renamed your armaserver.exe and not specified this in Becconfig.cfg

@Inch & @ltiisidii Im baffled by this error, I did put in some checks for none data type on inputs for some functions.

Im not sure if this will solve the issue but you can try. Do you guys run any AV that is doing something with the prosess?

I have no luck in reproducing this error.

New BEC version 1.56 available.

Changelog

*** V 1.56 ***

- Fixed: Banfile nameing case issue.

- Fixed: Rconpassword line with spaces.

- Fixed: Duplicate message for lobby idlers

- Fixed: Ts3 plugin was missing a setting that caused errors + fixed some other small issues.

- Added: Check for NoneType on some data, hopefully encodig error will be gone.

Edited by nuxil

@Inch & @ltiisidii Im baffled by this error, I did put in some checks for none data type on inputs for some functions.

Im not sure if this will solve the issue but you can try. Do you guys run any AV that is doing something with the prosess?

I have no luck in reproducing this error.

Changelog

*** V 1.56 ***

- Fixed: Ts3 plugin was missing a setting that caused errors + fixed some other small issues.

No nothing is running locally on my servers, that's all done by servers dedicated to that.

Secondly, feel free to PM me a version with debug within it. I'll happily send logs over.

I'm going to try 1.56 now, *edit* slightly different error now. http://puu.sh/3T215.png

Thanks,

Inch

Edited by Inch

Could any explain a little further exactly what the #shutdown command does. It seems to work better for me than a task kill for some reason.

I've figured out how to do a #shutdown then and "if process exists" task kill it and continue my startup script. Hoping to gain a little bit of knowledge as to how it works and why it seems to work better for me :) Thanks!

Task kill ends the process immediately with no regards to what the program does. #shutdown gracefully ends the process.

@ Inch Im curious as to what server enviroment you are running, virual host or root server?

Are you using any custom tools to start up Arma and BEC as services?

Edited by Sup@hKing
typos

When you say five Becs, is it five separate installations of Bec or five instances running?

Was there any marked text in the console on the Becs that where stopping? I know that Bec may stop working if marked text exists.

Are you running any custom plugins?

I have 5 seperate bec installations running, I carnt say if there was marked test i never looked, nothing was highlighted or jumped out at me, only plugin is ts

I have taken a clean copy of 1.56 and started again, will let you know if i encounter any issues with it

Changelog

*** V 1.56 ***

Testing it and works fine for me =)

@ Inch

i was able to reproduce your error. it seems like its related to your BeServer.cfg.

Does your RconPassword contain none ascii chars?. i tested and tried to set my Rcon password to : æøå ,and i got the same error as you are getting

can you double check your rconpassword for none ascii chars.

Edited by nuxil

come across a small issue ( possible typo error ) :)

Issue 1

when some uses the trigger word in game "test" (example)

someone called harry will use "test potter is eating a banana" , will translate in teamspeak to "test_bot":harry : in potter is eating a banana

issue 2

Lobby idling time i have had to move this up from 300 to 650 as i am seeing people being kicked for idling, can you take a look at it to see if its running correct ?

btw my previous issues have disappeared all 5 becs have been behaving today

@ Inch

i was able to reproduce your error. it seems like its related to your BeServer.cfg.

Does your RconPassword contain none ascii chars?. i tested and tried to set my Rcon password to : æøå ,and i got the same error as you are getting

can you double check your rconpassword for none ascii chars.

Hi yes, and no.

No, there were no ascii chars.

However, my auto provisioning script for arma 3 server configs, was missing the RconPassword value out of the BeServer.cfg.

All resolved.

Thanks,

Inch

Edited by Inch
Typo

@DrMayhemMD #ServerExeName = arma3server_wl.exe (try to remove hash # and test)

Im looking at your previous post and noticed that you have renamed your armaserver.exe and not specified this in Becconfig.cfg

Hey that worked! Now Bec sees the server at least. Now gettting this error

---------------------------------------------

Bec, Arma 2/3 Server Tool V.1.56

Copyright © by Stian Mikalsen

Email : stianmikalsen@hotmail.com

Web : http://www.ibattle.org

Remember to donate for more great updates!

---------------------------------------------

19:13:38 : Checking for new Bec version...

19:13:41 : Bec is running latest version!

19:13:42 : Connecting to Battleye server 173.208.235.75:2322

19:13:42 : Error :: data type None can not be used

19:13:42 : Error :: Something strange happend when trying to connect to BeServer

Unhandled Error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Bec.py", line 4234, in Main

File "Bec.py", line 4229, in startReactor

File "twisted\internet\base.pyo", line 1169, in run

File "twisted\internet\base.pyo", line 1178, in mainLoop

--- <exception caught here> ---

File "twisted\internet\base.pyo", line 800, in runUntilCurrent

File "Bec.py", line 4114, in startConnect

exceptions.SystemExit: 0

Making progress for sure though!

@ballou issue1: Are you using the latest TS3 plugin version? Is a bad idea to use a word without a command carracter test instead of !test.

issue2: I did tests on this but could not find any wrong in the code, dosent mean that there isnt^^ Keep in mind that if time is set to 300 sec, and a player is sitting in the lobby for 200 sec and then joins the mission, using 100 seconds to load it, the player is gonna be kicked. A player is considered being in the lobby until he is fully ingame.

@DrMayhemMD Check previous posts about this error, answers to inch and ltiisidii. The error is related to your BEserver.cfg

Version 1.57+ shows more hints on errors.

New version 1.57

Changelog

*** V 1.57 ***

- Added: Check on Rcon password for none ascii chars.

- Added: Check for rconpassword line in BeServer.cfg.

- Added: Players who join with a name that match a command name will be kicked off.

- Fixed: Minor issue in prosessing players function.

Yay!! it works. Ok so I am going to post this here. Cause it was crucial to my resolution. Additionally it's a total newb error, and yet I "want" to say I'm no server admin newb, but yes I made this error. Basically if I did, then other people are doing it for sure..... When you updated your server last and included BattlEye, you need to also make your "BEserver.cfg" file. It is very simple to do and you can follow these instructions off the wiki http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye#Sample_beserver.cfg Long story short, once you define your RCon PW you are good to go. Mainly the reason why you have to define your path to the BE folder in the Config.cfg for BEC. xD "Triple Face-Palm" Thanks again nuxil for the great support , even if they're stupid questions at times. I'll be pitching a donation ur way.