Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

Yes it break future update because steam will not find the folder. if you are want to make a server on your dedicated server (root server) then use steamcmd because with steamcmd you can choose which name the folder will have

Read here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server how you download arma 3 with steamcmd --> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

Still no luck after renaming the folder. I will post my bat and config file. Really dont see why i still get "BE Bans.txt does not exist".

::Made by eRazeri
@echo off
C:\Windows\System32\mode con cols=50 lines=3 >nul
set /a var=0
:start
echo Running Server
start "" /wait /realtime /affinity FF "F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma3\arma3server.exe" -ip=74.91.120.149 -port=2302 "-config=server.cfg" "-cfg=basic.cfg" -BEpath=F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma3\BattlEye -noPause -noSound -nosplash -cpuCount=4  -exThreads=7 
set /a var+=1
cls
echo Server has crashed %var% times, restarting
goto start

# This config file is only provided as an example file.
# Edit it to sute your needs.
# For more info on how to edit this file. use the Readme.txt file or visit http://www.ibattle.org/install-and-configure

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[bec]
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Set the ip to your server. normaly 127.0.0.1 will be fine.
Ip = 74.91.120.149

# Set the port to the server. default port is 2302
Port = 2302

# Set the path to the BattlEye directory that is currently in use by the server.
BePath = F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma3\BattlEye

# Set the path to your Admins.xml file containing your admins.
Admins = Admins.xml

# Set the path to your Commands.xml file.
Commands = Commands.xml

# Set a name for the directory where the logs will be located. 
# Do not set a path. only a name. since the logs will be in X:\....\Bec\Log\Name\*
LogDir = Server1

[Misc]

# Set the color of the terminal. if not defined. 07 will be used as default
ConsoleColor	= 0b
ConsoleHeight	= 45
ConsoleWidth	= 175

# Only allow english chars to be typed on the chat. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.
# Only allow english chars.
AsciiNickOnly = True

AsciiChatOnly = True

# If AsciiChatOnly is set True. you can define none english chars that will be accepted.
IgnoreChatChars	= æøå

# Set the amount of warnings a player will get before kicked. -1 is disabled. 0 instant kick
# 1 == one warning on a bad word. next bad word results in kick
Warnings = 3

# Kick players who has listed chars in their name
DisallowPlayerNameChars	= æøå

# Max length a player name. kicks players who has to long name.
MaxPlayerNameLength	= 16

# Set the name of your armaserver.exe if it has been renamed from armaoaserver.exe to something else!
# if the exe has its originale name. comment it out.
#ServerExeName = F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe

# Set path to the file containing a list of bad words. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.
WordFilterFile = BadWords.txt

# Set the path to the file containing whitelisted guids.
WhiteListFile = WhiteList.txt

# Set custom whitelist kick message. Text must be in ascii letters.  MAX 58 CHARS. BE only does ascii on messages
WhileListKickMsg = you are not whitelisted on this server.

# Kick people with offensive names
NickFilterFile = BadNames.txt

# Set the path to the Scheduer.xml file.
#Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

# Kick people who are idleing in the lobby, kick will happen after given time, Min time is 90 sec. use 0 to disable this function.
KickLobbyIdlers	= 180

# If enabled. Bec will create seperate chat files for each channel along with the main file.
#ChatChannelFiles = false

# Set the amount of Normal players who can connect. Set it to -1 to disable it. 
# If set to 0 it means only players who are listed in the Admins.xml, (or whatever you call it) will be able to connect to the server.
# Quick Example 1: server can holed 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins. then set SlotLimit to 45.
# Quick Example 2: server can holed 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins and 5 slots for friends. then set SlotLimit to 40,
# AND edit your admins.xml. ADD in all your frineds guid and remaining data, put them in group example 100. or whatever you feel likt.
# by using this method you can give some of your friends some access to some commands if you like. 
# in general this is works like .Whitelisting X player slots for admins and friends, while leaving the remaining Y slots for public.
SlotLimit = -1

# Set the messahe people will get when they try to connect and is not whitelisted. Text must be in ascii letters. MAX 58 CHARS.
SlotLimitKickMsg = The Server has reached its player limit.

[ChatRestriction]
# Set max amount of chat lines a player is allowed to send for each channel. 
# Going passed the number will result in kick. -1 is disabled, 0 isntant kick.
# If the number is higher than 0 players will be sendt warnings.

Lobby = -1
Global = -1
Side = -1
Group = -1
Vehicle	= -1
Command	= -1
Commander = -1
Direct = -1

[ChatSpam]

# Set max amount of chat lines per channel allowed within given time frame.
# Set the values to 0 to disable this function(s)

# Quick Example:
# Lobby = 5
# Lobby_Time_Lower = 10
# Lobby_Time_Upper = 15

# If the time between each new chatlines from a player is less than CHANNEL_Time_Lower the spam counter increases by + 1. 
# Consider the CHANNEL (Lobby) as the spam counter.
# When a player has (CHANNEL - 1) in spam counting. a warning will be sent to whom it may consern.
# If the time between each new chatline from the player is Greater than CHANNEL_Time_Lower and Less than CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spam counter stay as it is.
# If the time since the last chatline is greater then CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spamcounter is reset to 1.
# To get optimal result play around a bit with the values on your server.

Lobby = 3
Lobby_Time_Lower = 3
Lobby_Time_Upper = 5

Global = 0
Global_Time_Lower = 0
Global_Time_Upper = 0

Side = 0
Side_Time_Lower	= 0
Side_Time_Upper	= 0

Group = 3
Group_Time_Lower = 3
Group_Time_Upper = 5

Vehicle	= 0
Vehicle_Time_Lower = 0
Vehicle_Time_Upper = 0

Command = 0
Command_Time_Lower = 0
Command_Time_Upper = 0

Commander = 0
Commander_Time_Lower = 0
Commander_Time_Upper = 0

Direct = 0
Direct_Time_Lower = 0
Direct_Time_Upper = 0

c1aw, I know that I got the same error, so I dropped Bans.txt into my BattlEye folder (Arma3\BattlEye). Didn't show up there after. I'm assuming you already have that done but still having issues with it being visible. In the event that you haven't, just though I mention it since it got rid of the error for me.

c1aw, I know that I got the same error, so I dropped Bans.txt into my BattlEye folder (Arma3\BattlEye). Didn't show up there after. I'm assuming you already have that done but still having issues with it being visible. In the event that you haven't, just though I mention it since it got rid of the error for me.

ya it is in there

Cheers it works :D I have unable to get info from the arma process (don't use the reporter account but my give it a try) but I think I need to look back a few pages/posts for solution.

Good work!

::set bepath="-bepath=C:\Servers\ARMA3\A3_Wasteland\BattlEye"

Your bepath in your .bat script is commented out, remove the :: and check the path.

Anyone able to help me with post #369 ?

Solved: Re DL of BE Client & BE Server fixed it.

Edited by SCE_The Fuzz
solved

Ok, so guys dont name your bans.txt bans.txt XD The file was actually called bans.txt.txt Sometimes I'm surprised I've lived this long.

Ok, so guys dont name your bans.txt bans.txt XD The file was actually called bans.txt.txt Sometimes I'm surprised I've lived this long.

I have tried this....what directory is the bans.txt.txt located?

Jabbajaws77

**UPDATE i just changed my file to bans

Hello, I am unable to connect to my server Bec. I put in the example the IP of the server, and I even try with 127.0.0.1 but nothing works. Do you have any idea where it can come from?

d43581c

I'm getting the same error msg as #369

Running stable 0.74 server on port 2327 and BEC 1.54

Config: http://pastebin.com/VTYQYdZU

Error: http://pastebin.com/MwMHx2fz

If the A3 server is not running I get "wating for server..." but as soon as the server is started the error msg comes instead.

Any ideas what to look for?

Edited by Watarimono

I'm getting the same error msg as #369

Running stable 0.74 server on port 2327 and BEC 1.54

Config: http://pastebin.com/VTYQYdZU

Error: http://pastebin.com/MwMHx2fz

If the A3 server is not running I get "wating for server..." but as soon as the server is started the error msg comes instead.

Any ideas what to look for?

Go to battleye.com and DL the most recent client & server file.

Go to battleye.com and DL the most recent client & server file.

Tried that but no difference :(

I've been able to acess the server via rcon the whole time but BEC doesn't wanna play :(

anyone have a working example of a batch file to start the arma 3 server and BEC? I tried this with no luck

::Made by eRazeri
@echo off
C:\Windows\System32\mode con cols=50 lines=3 >nul
set /a var=0
:start
echo Running Server
start "" /wait /realtime /affinity FF "F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma3\arma3server.exe" -ip=74.91.120.149 -port=2302 "-config=server.cfg" "-cfg=basic.cfg" -BEpath=F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma3\BattlEye -noPause -noSound -nosplash -cpuCount=4  -exThreads=7 
set /a var+=1
cls
echo Server has crashed %var% times, restarting
:: Set path to bec and cd to this directory.
set becpath="F:\Bec\"
cd /d %becpath%
:: start bec
start "" "bec.exe" -f Config.cfg
goto start

@ Pepole with errors regarding encoding issues, compare hash; MD5 or SHA1 to check that your downloads arent corrupted.

@ Issues regarding bans.txt not found, make sure the filename is correct.

(BEC is handling bans.txt as case sensitive, Bans/BANS etc will not work, will make a fix for this in a later update).

If this is not the case, backup all your ban files, delete the originals.

Next open up BERCON and type "addban 127.0.0.1 0 test" and see where the file is created.

Then verify that your BEC config is using the correct path.

Also get Version 1.55

Changelog

*** V 1.55 ***

- Changed: psutil from 0.3.0 to Version 1.0.1.

- Fixed: exception handling for new psutil.

- Fixed: uptime command.

- Added: BE Bans can be listed in plugins by using: instance._Bec_BeBans. You need to request the list with the command 'bans' first

- Added: Rcon Admins can be listed in plugins by using: instance._Bec_RconAdmins. You need to request the list with the command 'admins' first.

- Fixed: Ts3 plugin had a minor error. replace your "__init__.py".

Was running v1.54 without issues

Updated to v1.55 as in i just copied bec.exe and its telling me could not check for a update, is this a problem at your end?

Btw nice update, would it be possible to add the consolecolour again? It was good to ascertain what server to go to

I have 5 becs running but have noticed a problem since the latest round of updates, if i have a server empty bec stops working in the console window, querybot stops responding, usually a quick reboot sorts it out, its not happened before

How did you guys get Bec to connect to an Arma 3 server with a password on the rcon? Every time i have tried to load it up i get the "invalid password" error which is fair enough because there is not password section in the config file. So my question is how do we set the password in the config so bec can connect to the rcon?

BEC is a server application not a Rcon.

From http://ibattle.org/;

Bec is a admin tool for ArmA2/OA/CO and Arma3 dedicated servers for Windows that has enabled Battleye.

This is a server application only, no install requirements are necessary client-wise.

Basically what Bec does, is giving you the Battleye-power conveniently on the ArmA2/OA/CO and Arma 3-chatline in-game.

All you need to make it connect is in the [bec] block of the Config.cfg

Edited by Sup@hKing

BEC is a server application not a Rcon.

From http://ibattle.org/;

All you need to make it connect is in the [bec] block of the Config.cfg

That is not 100% true saying as its looking for a password which i set in the BEServer.cfg

It uses battle in the same way an Rcon would use battle eye for sending messages and such. And because it connects to BattlEye it needs the password i set.

I suggest you try to log on with BERcon and se if u can connect, then try and get BEC started up from cmd and look for errors.

The install and configure guide have a how-to for it.

I suggest you try to log on with BERcon and se if u can connect, then try and get BEC started up from cmd and look for errors.

The install and configure guide have a how-to for it.

Would you not think that is the first thing i have tried? i can connect just with the EPM Rcon tool which would suggest to me that the rcon side of things is just fine, Correct information regarding the ip,port and the password.

Regarding the start BEC via cmd and look for errors, am sure in my first post i made it clear that my issue is with an INVALID password, with out an option to set a password it is no surprise that it's going to throw an error.

http://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/screenshots/BEC_Error.png (178 kB)

Would you not think that is the first thing i have tried? i can connect just with the EPM Rcon tool which would suggest to me that the rcon side of things is just fine, Correct information regarding the ip,port and the password.

Regarding the start BEC via cmd and look for errors, am sure in my first post i made it clear that my issue is with an INVALID password, with out an option to set a password it is no surprise that it's going to throw an error.

http://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/screenshots/BEC_Error.png (178 kB)

I'm stuck with the exact same problem now, earlier I had another error msg but that got replaced by "wrong password". I have rcon setup with pw for monitoring our servers remotely, not sure if it that's the problem or not.

@cortez471

@Watarimono

Only thing I can think is that this is not BEC related, it could be something with your startup parameters.

Check out post #55 trough #58 and see if you get any closer to a solution.

If error persist, post here or email us (support@ibattle.org) your parameters and configs so we can try to reproduce it for future reference.

I have this error :(:(

i.imgur.com/nsHopyp.png

I also install the Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) sp1 and no fix.

@ ltiisidii

Try to manually update your BE client & server files from Battleye.com

Also try to compare hash; MD5 or SHA1 to check that your BEC download arent corrupted.

Maby also try to get Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 Redistributable Package. Though 2010 should be backwards compatible.

Edited by Sup@hKing
adding links