Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

Please explain a bit more.

did you replace both Bec.exe and the Bec.lib file ?

I replaced both and it hangs on "Waiting for Server" after 40 Seconds it closed (because of the timeout)

Server is running and also the config is correct

Edited by Shona

Please explain a bit more.

did you replace both Bec.exe and the Bec.lib file ?

Yup replaced em both.

Edit: just did a fresh install, doesn't work either. Using latest beta: 108074

Edited by icomrade

I have now idea why you guys are having problems, but I have put in some more checks on startup to post errors.

Get version 1.53 and test it, sorry for all this inconvenience.

Changelog

*** V 1.53 ***

- Added: Permission check on the armaserver process. some people only got wait for host. Bec will now print out if its a permission problem thats causig it.

psutil will raise and psutil.error.AccessDenied excption if there is a permission problem.

- Improved: Servercheck startup function did in some cases hang on startup.

- improved: Plugins can be configured to only start up on N servers. check the Only_X_Server example on how this is done.

- Improved: Ts3 plugin had no support for diffrent settings and was limited to one Ts3 server for all Bec's instances. This is Fixed. reconfigure your ts3 plugin.

- Removed: ConsoleColor. Chattext and Be messages will not be affected.

- Fixed: SlotLimit was broken too.

Printscreen taken this morning on our server showing it working on 2 servers with TS 3 query on both, with about 100 relog tries :o no issues found so far.

working.jpg

A side note: pepole running beta builds on arma2 must make sure that Battleye supports the Beta build.

Sorry but i get with arma 3 no connection only "Waiting for Server startup"

Server is running and i can connect....

Our config

# This config file is only provided as an example file.
# Edit it to sute your needs.
# For more info on how to edit this file. use the Readme.txt file or visit http://www.ibattle.org/install-and-configure

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[bec]
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Set the ip to your server. normaly 127.0.0.1 will be fine.
Ip = 127.0.0.1

# Set the port to the server. default port is 2302
Port = 2302

# Set the path to the BattlEye directory that is currently in use by the server.
BePath = E:\arma3\OurProfile\BattlEye

# Set the path to your Admins.xml file containing your admins.
Admins = Admins.xml

# Set the path to your Commands.xml file.
Commands = Commands.xml

# Set a name for the directory where the logs will be located. 
# Do not set a path. only a name. since the logs will be in X:\....\Bec\Log\Name\*
LogDir = log_arma3

[Misc]

# Set the color of the terminal. if not defined. 07 will be used as default
ConsoleHeight	= 30
ConsoleWidth	= 90

# Only allow english chars to be typed on the chat. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.
# Only allow english chars.
AsciiNickOnly = true

AsciiChatOnly = True

# If AsciiChatOnly is set True. you can define none english chars that will be accepted.
IgnoreChatChars	= äöüß

# Set the amount of warnings a player will get before kicked. -1 is disabled. 0 instant kick
# 1 == one warning on a bad word. next bad word results in kick
Warnings = 3

# Kick players who has listed chars in their name
DisallowPlayerNameChars	= {}<>^§!#%&@£¤¨

# Max length a player name. kicks players who has to long name.
MaxPlayerNameLength	= 35

# Set the name of your armaserver.exe if it has been renamed from armaoaserver.exe to something else!
# if the exe has its originale name. comment it out.
#ServerExeName = arma3server.exe

# Set path to the file containing a list of bad words. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.
WordFilterFile = BadWords.txt

# Set the path to the file containing whitelisted guids.
#WhiteListFile = WhiteList.txt

# Set custom whitelist kick message. Text must be in ascii letters.  MAX 58 CHARS. BE only does ascii on messages
WhileListKickMsg = you are not whitelisted on this server.

# Kick people with offensive names
NickFilterFile = BadNames.txt

# Set the path to the Scheduer.xml file.
#Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

# Kick people who are idleing in the lobby, kick will happen after given time, Min time is 90 sec. use 0 to disable this function.
KickLobbyIdlers	= 300

# If enabled. Bec will create seperate chat files for each channel along with the main file.
#ChatChannelFiles = false

# Set the amount of Normal players who can connect. Set it to -1 to disable it. 
# If set to 0 it means only players who are listed in the Admins.xml, (or whatever you call it) will be able to connect to the server.
# Quick Example 1: server can holed 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins. then set SlotLimit to 45.
# Quick Example 2: server can holed 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins and 5 slots for friends. then set SlotLimit to 40,
# AND edit your admins.xml. ADD in all your frineds guid and remaining data, put them in group example 100. or whatever you feel likt.
# by using this method you can give some of your friends some access to some commands if you like. 
# in general this is works like .Whitelisting X player slots for admins and friends, while leaving the remaining Y slots for public.
SlotLimit = 1

# Set the messahe people will get when they try to connect and is not whitelisted. Text must be in ascii letters. MAX 58 CHARS.
SlotLimitKickMsg = The Server has reached its player limit.

[Reporter]
# Reporter account. Fill in the username and password for your reporter account.
# Gamehack,Hacks will be reported to a database. all players who connect will also be checked against this database.

# Set the Username for your account
User = test
# Set the Password for your account
Password = 123456789

[ChatRestriction]
# Set max amount of chat lines a player is allowed to send for each channel. 
# Going passed the number will result in kick. -1 is disabled, 0 isntant kick.
# If the number is higher than 0 players will be sendt warnings.

Lobby = 30
Global = -1
Side = -1
Group = -1
Vehicle	= -1
Command	= 0
Commander = -1
Direct = -1

[ChatSpam]

# Set max amount of chat lines per channel allowed within given time frame.
# Set the values to 0 to disable this function(s)

# Quick Example:
# Lobby = 5
# Lobby_Time_Lower = 10
# Lobby_Time_Upper = 15

# If the time between each new chatlines from a player is less than CHANNEL_Time_Lower the spam counter increases by + 1. 
# Consider the CHANNEL (Lobby) as the spam counter.
# When a player has (CHANNEL - 1) in spam counting. a warning will be sent to whom it may consern.
# If the time between each new chatline from the player is Greater than CHANNEL_Time_Lower and Less than CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spam counter stay as it is.
# If the time since the last chatline is greater then CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spamcounter is reset to 1.
# To get optimal result play around a bit with the values on your server.

Lobby = 3
Lobby_Time_Lower = 3
Lobby_Time_Upper = 5

Global = 0
Global_Time_Lower = 0
Global_Time_Upper = 0

Side = 0
Side_Time_Lower	= 0
Side_Time_Upper	= 0

Group = 2
Group_Time_Lower = 1
Group_Time_Upper = 3

Vehicle	= 0
Vehicle_Time_Lower = 0
Vehicle_Time_Upper = 0

Command = 0
Command_Time_Lower = 0
Command_Time_Upper = 0

Commander = 0
Commander_Time_Lower = 0
Commander_Time_Upper = 0

Direct = 0
Direct_Time_Lower = 0
Direct_Time_Upper = 0

Our server Startup

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::
:: ©2012-2013 Blackhorse Gaming by [bHG] Shona - All rights reserved
:: If you have issues with the script you can ask in our Board under www.blackhorse-gaming.eu
:: Infos:
:: /affinity 3 = Server starts on Core 0 & 1 of your CPU
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

@echo off
color 0d
title Arma 2/3 Server Startup by Blackhorse Gaming

:: Start the server...

set server="arma3server.exe"
set cfg="-cfg=OurProfile\basic.cfg"
set config="-config=OurProfile\config.cfg"
set profiles="-profiles=OurProfile"
set name="-name=OurProfile"
set port="-port=2302"
set mem="-maxMem=2048"
set mod="-netlog -world=empty -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -bandwidthAlg=2"

start "" /affinity 3 %server% %port% %config% %profiles% %cfg% %name% %mod% %mem%

:: Waiting 20 Seconds before Bec is starting
ping -n 20 localhost>nul

:: BEC Startup......
start bec
set becpath="PathtoBec"
cd /d %becpath%
start "" "bec.exe" -f Config.cfg

Edited by Shona

Sorry, not Working :butbut:

sorry.png

BE: c:\Arma3\TestServer\Battleye

BEconfig : c:\Arma3\TestServer\Battleye\beserver.cfg

[bec]

# Ip = 5.9.67.46
Ip = 127.0.0.1

Port = 2330

# Set the path to the BattlEye directory that is currently in use by the server.
# This is the directory where you have your BEServer.cfg and Bans.txt file.
BePath = C:\Arma3\TestServer\BattlEye

beserver.cfg

Rconpassword AskstheNSA
MaxPing 150 // maximal delay to server before BattlEye autokicksodeck13

MaxCreateVehiclePerInterval 72 1
MaxSetPosPerInterval 2 1
MaxSetDamagePerInterval 36 1
MaxAddBackpackCargoPerInterval 12 1
MaxAddMagazineCargoPerInterval 96 1
MaxAddWeaponCargoPerInterval 24 1
MaxDeleteVehiclePerInterval 48 1
MaxAttachToPerInterval 4 1

// above is in format of amount of entries (number) per timeinterval (seconds)
// in dependency on maxplayers and gametype you might need increase/decrease the values

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Ok,

I delete BEServer.dll and redownloadet. now BEC Works.

Ok,

I delete BEServer.dll and redownloadet. now BEC Works.

I make this before but it do not work for me

Edit: After 4 hours now i can't get BEC to work with Arma 3 :eek: and it is really helpfull if no one is posting his whole config.cfg from Bec if your Bec is working..... :(

Edited by Shona

Okay now it closes instantly for me, I was able to get this bit of info out of it though. Tried running BEC as admin as well, noting... Thanks for the hard work btw :)

AccessDenied, You do not have access to the process arma2oaserver.exe
Bec requires to have access to the armaserver process. Fix your system permissions settings.

@ icomrad . not sure how you can fix this. this error is caused by lack of permission for looking at the process. its strang that it failed to run when you tried to start it up as admin.

i think google might be best here. setting up correct permission. maybe some grop policy is needed. but i find that doubtfull.

@ mpcom . hmm. i can think of 2 reasons. 1. a BE update has somehow failed. 2. BE is updating. i seen this happens in thouse cases.

can you login to your server using the Official Rcon tool. "BeRCon.exe" ??

@ shona . your config file looks ok. i wish i could tell you the problem but. i have no idea whats wrong.

i have no problems running Bec on Win7 and Win server 2008 R2

a small update was done. you can downloade it from ibattle

So the New Version is now working but i get an error from the reporter account btw. from the arma process

19:56:01 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reporter account will

not be working.

Can you try to reinstall. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package. the X86 Package.

Can you try to reinstall. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package. the X86 Package.

reinstalled but the same as before

Well. i'll look into this.

For now. all i can suggest is you can try to update the psutil module inside the Bec.lib

get this file http://code.google.com/p/psutil/downloads/detail?name=psutil-1.0.1.win32-py2.6.exe&can=2&q=

open the exe in 7zip. copy the files in the PLATLIB dir (psutil dir and _psutil_mswindows.pyd) to the exctracted Bec.lib file. then repack it Take a look in the Tool Directory for Picture examples.

Edit:

Ok i made it and it worked now. But is it normal that no message comes to the server like in arma 2 if i connect to the server?

Like "Admin Shona connected"

Edited by Shona

To get "Admin XXX connected" it is recomended that you use two separate admin xml's , one for each server (a2/a3).

This is because your guid in Arma2 is not the same as in Arma3.

You also need one config file for your Arma2 (A2.cfg) server and one for Arma3 (A3.cfg) , where each file has the correct path to your admin.xml file.

Glad you got it working, remember to post your solution so other can benefit from it :)

To get "Admin XXX connected" it is recomended that you use two separate admin xml's , one for each server (a2/a3).

This is because your guid in Arma2 is not the same as in Arma3.

You also need one config file for your Arma2 (A2.cfg) server and one for Arma3 (A3.cfg) , where each file has the correct path to your admin.xml file.

Glad you got it working, remember to post your solution so other can benefit from it :)

The Solution is your post ;)

I have only one server running and if i have two server running i used 2x BEC :) I never used one BEC for more then one server. Or did you mean that i need always a A3.cfg and the A3_Admin.xml?

Wonderful 1.54 fixed my issues! :) Although the reported account is not working because info cannot be obtained from the ArmA 2 server process.

---------------------------------------------

Bec, Arma 2/3 Server Tool V.1.54

Copyright © by Stian Mikalsen

Email : stianmikalsen@hotmail.com

Web : http://www.ibattle.org

Remember to donate for more great updates!

---------------------------------------------

15:05:48 : WARNING :: Unable to get info from the arma process, Your reported account will not be working.

15:05:52 : Connecting to Battleye server 127.0.0.1:2302

15:05:52 : RCon admin #1 (127.0.0.1:61000) logged in

check post #362

will update library tomorrow, :803:tonight.

check post #362

will update library tomorrow, :803:tonight.

I can give a download link for the bec.lib if you want

Edit:

Here are the Bec.lib which i made with post #362 -> Download Bec.lib

Edited by Shona

So I been working on getting my Bec set up (arma3), and I get to this point as shown in the screen shot. Is this because I don't have python26 like you showed in your screen shots? I will post my server config below as well.

# For more info on how to edit this file. use the Readme.txt file or visit...

[bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2302
BePath = C:\Games\arma3\a3master\BattlEye
LogDir = Server1
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml 
ServerExeName= C:\Games\arma3\a3master\arma3server.exe
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

gallery_59_2_17277.png

Edited by SCE_The Fuzz

I don't know if there is a better place to post this but if anyone here runs ArmA 2/3 and BEC on TCAdmin I would be very grateful if you could tell me how you implemented BEC to run with ArmA 2/3. I have searched for quite a while now and have yet to find a solution that works :(

Also thank you nuxil for this awesome admin tool! I got it working on v1.54 but it did take some time there was connection issues at first where it was stuck on waiting for server start but it eventually connected and now it works great with the ts3 plugin and all :D

Hello, I've been trying to get this up and running without any luck. When i start BEC i get "BE Bans.txt not found"

I've posted my config below. I've created a bans.txt but for some reason it still shows it as not found. Any ideas?

# For more info on how to edit this file. use the Readme.txt file or visit http://www.ibattle.org/install-and-configure

[bec]

Ip = 127.0.0.1

Port = 2302

BePath = F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\BattlEye

Admins = Admins.xml

Commands = Commands.xml

# Do not set a path. only a name. since the logs will be in X:\....\Bec\Log\Name\*
LogDir = Server1

[Misc]

# Set the color of the terminal. if not defined. 07 will be used as default
ConsoleColor	= 0b
ConsoleHeight	= 45
ConsoleWidth	= 175

# Only allow english chars to be typed on the chat. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.
AsciiNickOnly = True

AsciiChatOnly = True

# If AsciiChatOnly is set True. you can define none english chars that will be accepted.
IgnoreChatChars	= æøå

# Set the amount of warnings a player will get before kicked. -1 is disabled. 0 instant kick
Warnings = 3

DisallowPlayerNameChars	= æøå

MaxPlayerNameLength	= 16

# Set the name of your armaserver.exe if it has been renamed from armaoaserver.exe to something else!
#ServerExeName = F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe

# Set path to the file containing a list of bad words. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.

WhiteListFile = WhiteList.txt

# Set custom whitelist kick message. Text must be in ascii letters.  MAX 58 CHARS. BE only does ascii on messages

# Kick people who are idleing in the lobby, kick will happen after given time, Min time is 90 sec. use 0 to disable this function.
KickLobbyIdlers	= 180

# If enabled. Bec will create seperate chat files for each channel along with the main file.
#ChatChannelFiles = false

# If set to 0 it means only players who are listed in the Admins.xml, (or whatever you call it) will be able to connect to the server.
# Quick Example 1: server can holed 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins. then set SlotLimit to 45.
# Quick Example 2: server can holed 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins and 5 slots for friends. then set SlotLimit to 40,
# AND edit your admins.xml. ADD in all your frineds guid and remaining data, put them in group example 100. or whatever you feel likt.
# by using this method you can give some of your friends some access to some commands if you like. 
# in general this is works like .Whitelisting X player slots for admins and friends, while leaving the remaining Y slots for public.
SlotLimit = -1

# Set the messahe people will get when they try to connect and is not whitelisted. Text must be in ascii letters. MAX 58 CHARS.

[ChatRestriction]

Lobby = -1
Global = -1
Side = -1
Group = -1
Vehicle	= -1
Command	= -1
Commander = -1
Direct = -1

[ChatSpam]

# Quick Example:
# Lobby = 5
# Lobby_Time_Lower = 10
# Lobby_Time_Upper = 15

# If the time between each new chatlines from a player is less than CHANNEL_Time_Lower the spam counter increases by + 1. 
# When a player has (CHANNEL - 1) in spam counting. a warning will be sent to whom it may consern.
# If the time between each new chatline from the player is Greater than CHANNEL_Time_Lower and Less than CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spam counter stay as it is.
# If the time since the last chatline is greater then CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spamcounter is reset to 1.

Lobby = 3
Lobby_Time_Lower = 3
Lobby_Time_Upper = 5

Global = 0
Global_Time_Lower = 0
Global_Time_Upper = 0

Side = 0
Side_Time_Lower	= 0
Side_Time_Upper	= 0

Group = 3
Group_Time_Lower = 3
Group_Time_Upper = 5

Vehicle	= 0
Vehicle_Time_Lower = 0
Vehicle_Time_Upper = 0

Command = 0
Command_Time_Lower = 0
Command_Time_Upper = 0

Commander = 0
Commander_Time_Lower = 0
Commander_Time_Upper = 0

Direct = 0
Direct_Time_Lower = 0
Direct_Time_Upper = 0

BePath = F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\BattlEye

This is your problem, there is a space in your path and as i know is that this sould not work

This is your problem, there is a space in your path and as i know is that this sould not work

Ah thanks i will try this and report back. Will renaming Arma 3 to Arma3 break future updates etc?

Ah thanks i will try this and report back. Will renaming Arma 3 to Arma3 break future updates etc?

Yes it break future update because steam will not find the folder. if you are want to make a server on your dedicated server (root server) then use steamcmd because with steamcmd you can choose which name the folder will have

Read here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server how you download arma 3 with steamcmd --> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

Hey guys, I'm rocking v1.54 and I'm getting the "Waiting for server startup"

Here's an example of my config, and I currently get no errors. Any help would be appreciated.

[bec]

Ip = 173.208.235.75

Port = 2322

BePath = C:\Servers\ARMA3\A3_Wasteland\BattlEye

Admins = A3_Admins.xml

Commands = Commands.xml

LogDir = Wasteland

[Misc]
ConsoleHeight	= 50
ConsoleWidth	= 80

AsciiNickOnly = True

AsciiChatOnly = True

IgnoreChatChars	= æøå

Warnings = 3

DisallowPlayerNameChars	= !@#$%^&*()

MaxPlayerNameLength	= 16

#ServerExeName = arma3server_wl.exe

WhiteListFile = A3_WhiteList.txt

KickLobbyIdlers	= 360

ChatChannelFiles = true

SlotLimit = -1

[Reporter]
# Reporter account. Fill in the username and password for your reporter account.
# Gamehack,Hacks will be reported to a database. all players who connect will also be checked against this database.

# Set the Username for your account
#User = 

# Set the Password for your account
#Password = 

[ChatRestriction]

Lobby = -1
Global = -1
Side = -1
Group = -1
Vehicle	= -1
Command	= -1
Commander = -1
Direct = -1

[ChatSpam]

# Quick Example:
# Lobby = 5
# Lobby_Time_Lower = 10
# Lobby_Time_Upper = 15

Lobby = 3
Lobby_Time_Lower = 3
Lobby_Time_Upper = 5

Global = 0
Global_Time_Lower = 0
Global_Time_Upper = 0

Side = 0
Side_Time_Lower	= 0
Side_Time_Upper	= 0

Group = 2
Group_Time_Lower = 0
Group_Time_Upper = 0

Vehicle	= 0
Vehicle_Time_Lower = 0
Vehicle_Time_Upper = 0

Command = 0
Command_Time_Lower = 0
Command_Time_Upper = 0

Commander = 0
Commander_Time_Lower = 0
Commander_Time_Upper = 0

Direct = 0
Direct_Time_Lower = 0
Direct_Time_Upper = 0

and my restart bat:

:: note - I only run one server.
taskkill /im arma3server_wl.exe
taskkill /im bec.exe
timeout 10
:: do something here,, example move logs

:: start the server..
set server="C:\Servers\ARMA3\A3_Wasteland\arma3server_wl.exe"
set ip="173.208.235.75"
set world="empty"
set cpuCount="6"
set maxMem="8192"
set cfg="-cfg=C:\Servers\ARMA3\A3_Wasteland\basic.cfg"
set config="-config=C:\Servers\ARMA3\A3_Wasteland\server_wl.cfg"
set profiles="-profiles=C:\Servers\ARMA3\A3_Wasteland\profiles"
set port="-port=2322"
::set bepath="-bepath=C:\Servers\ARMA3\A3_Wasteland\BattlEye"
set mod="-mod=@iniDB"
start "" %server% %ip% %world% %cpuCount% %maxMem% %cfg% %config% %profiles% %port% %mod%

timeout 30
:: start bec
set becpath="C:\Servers\ARMA3\A3_Wasteland\bec\"
cd /d %becpath%
start "" "Bec.exe" -f Config.cfg