Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

hello, thanks for getting back to me.

1 V 1.49.8

2 no, i must have missed that command line in the setup readme, ive since put " --dsc " at the end, it now read " -f Config.cfg --dsc" only issue is now my scheduled text/restart doesn't seem to be working, where as before i added the --dsc they were?

3 error log shows 11:10:35 : Parsing the Admin File Failed, Recheck The File : XML or text declaration not at start of entity: line 1, column 1 i have since redone it and now doesn't generate and error while joining the server

4 i have cleared out my command list apart from 3-4 commands, so i think i have checked the order off properly but you never know.

Is it worth copying my .xml onto here to see if there is a problem with them? also i dont need to do anything in the admin.xml to setup group 100 as public users or anything?

1. ok

2. i meant that if the --dsc is used. !upt will not work

3. ok. just delete the error after you read it.

4. yeah, its important that the id's are in order.

if you paste your xml files here. please put them in a spoiler.

like this

aslo Update comming verry soon that fixes alots of things.

okay here goes, these are exactly as they are in the files, straight copy and paste.

admins.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<BEAdmins>

<admin id="0">

<name></name>

<guid></guid>

<group>0</group>

<groupname>Super Admin</groupname>

</admin>

<admin id="1">

<name></name>

<guid></guid>

<group>1</group>

<groupname>Admin</groupname>

</admin>

<admin id="2">

<name></name>

<guid></guid>

<group>1</group>

</admin>

<admin id="3">

<name></name>

<guid></guid>

<group>1</group>

</admin>

<admin id="4">

<name></name>

<guid></guid>

<group>1</group>

</admin>

<admin id="5">

<name></name>

<guid></guid>

<group>1</group>

</admin>

</BEAdmins>

commands.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<BeCommands>

<command id="0">

<name>!bpl</name>

<group>1</group>

<cmd>ban</cmd>

<time>0</time>

<text>Admins Decision!</text>

<desc>USAGE :: [!bpl name] or [!bpl name !r new reason] :: INFO -> Perm Ban a player.</desc>

</command>

<command id="1">

<name>!kpl</name>

<group>1</group>

<cmd>kick</cmd>

<time></time>

<text>Admins Decision!</text>

<desc>USAGE :: [!kpl name] or [!kpl name !r new reason] :: INFO -> Kick a player. use !r to set a cutoms reason.</desc>

</command>

<command id="2">

<name>!upt</name>

<group>100</group>

<cmd> uptime</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !upt :: INFO -> Show Server Uptime.</desc>

</command>

<command id="3">

<name>!res</name>

<group>1</group>

<cmd>#restart</cmd>

<time></time>

<text></text>

<desc>USAGE :: !res :: INFO -> Restart mission with current player slot selection</desc>

</command>

</BeCommands>

hmm looks ok.

strange. well can you tell me a bit about how you run bec, what os the server runs. etc.

well BEC ingame messages shows when an admin connects, and we can run kick/ban commands so its not like nothing is working, just the uptime command. Are there any idiot things i should check, things ive should have done in the install that would stop it from being able to run, like setting up a group 100 admin level or anything like that?

Running on a windows server 2008 dedi box,

how we run it? i just start it up by using the desktop shortcut after the server has been turned on. the shortcut has the -f config setting on it. if bec goes down, doesn't happen often but now and then it has, we just reuse the desktop shortcut.

Use it to give out the automated server messages, and to initiate the server restarts.

Did it work with Arma III?

@cascadia

well. im not sure whats going on there. Bec uses psutil to get the uptime information from the arma process.

it might be that you do not have permission to access the process. try run Bec with admin permission.

if you already do that im not sure whats going on.

@Shona

it should. but i suggest you to wait for next release.

Hello folks.

I've been using BEC for a couple months now and everything has been running pretty well. Recently I adapted my restart script / schedule.xml to utilize #shutdown instead of doing a kill /IM and or kill /F.

I've noticed several times #shutdown has failed to end the process of arma2oaserver.exe which left my server borked for hours while I was away... so I'm back to using kill.

What I'd like to do is to figure out how to call #shutdown from my .bat so that I can do something like this.

BEC runs restart.bat ever 3 hours...

somehow run #shutdown from my .bat << no clue on how to do this

if proc still exists run kill /IM arma2oaserver.exe << currently doing this

if proc still exists run kill /F arma2oaserver.exe << currently doing this

In short it seemed I had less small issues when using #shutdown... however if I can't depend on it working I can't use it... If this is possible and maybe someone could help me figure it out... I'd pretty much have a foolproof way of making sure the sever is shut down properly...and if not it will at least be shut down lol.

So the time has come for a New Bec update.

Bec reporting now works for both Arma2 and Arma3. Existing users does not need to register a new account for Arma3.

Major changes is done to how Bec works. This includes plugin support which needs to be tested public.

Plugins are written using the Python language.

Version 1.49.9 was kept as a private version during the development of the plugin system.

I hope this plugin system is easy to understand, ofcource you will need some knowlege about the python language if you want to create your own plugin.

You may ask. what can i do with plugins.

Writing plugins allows you do to diffrent things. connect to mysql, do http requests, ftp requests etc..

And you may ask. can i make a plugin that makes Bec connect to my server/mission to get stats/info

Well yes you can. but this require you to write a namedpipe connection plugin for Bec.

you also would need to create an extension ".dll" for the ArmA server that sets up a namedpipe server.

I might provide such a plugin and addon in the future. but atm i have no time for it.

I have provided some basic examples, you will find them in the Examples directory

About 70% of the Bec code from 1.49.8 til 1.50 has been rewritten. so if you find some bugs please report it.

But do not report things regarding custom plugins, I can not do anything about it.

Bear in mind. Plugins may harm your system.. like in any other languages, things may be coded to do harm.

Do not trust and install plugins from unknown sources, if you can. always inspect the .py files.

Server hosters that rents out ArmA server with Bec, they might want to put ReadOnly on the Plugins directory for security reasons.

This to prevent harmfull plugins beeing uploaded.

The only plugin i will ship with Bec is the TS3 plugin. The Ts3 function was taked out of Bec's Main code and rewritten.

Feel free to modify it as you like.

I also would like to point out that. people running older version of Bec (pre 1.5) will not be able to report hacks/check guid state on players who connects. You will need to update BEC to version 1.50 for it to work.

* ChangeLog *

*** V 1.50.0 ***

- Changed: Ts3 function taken out of main code, rewritten and provided as a plugin instead. it still easy to configure and change to sute your needs.

- Removed: Heartbeat function will no longer be supported. there are other better ways to do the same job.

- Removed: Timeout config value.

- Added: Examples on howto create plugins

*** V 1.49.9 ***

- Added: support for custom message for slotlimit kicks.

- Removed: --dsc will no longer work

- Added: plugin support.

- Removed: floodcontroll

- ++ More Major changes.

Waiting on server.... server starts... Please wait... that's it. Never connects for me. Started over with default configs and same happens. Will keep trying I guess but this test machine is very very basic/simple setup.

Changelog says Removed: --dsc will no longer work?

Is it connecting to your server at least? I can't even get this far. I've tried it on 3 servers from full customized to fresh install lol...

@ MiBF --dvc has been removed.

@ justchil --dsc has also been removed.

A small update was done. fixing some issue with ServerExeName and some other things.

Got get version 1.51 and see if it fixs your issue.

Tested on my machine and on our server. we have no problems with bec not connecting. all work as it should.

Regarding your shutdown issue. there is no way to run #shutdown from a bat script. the #shutdown command must be used in the scheduler or command file. keep in mind that the #shutdown command will not work if there is some issues with Battleye.

if your really need to force a shutdown you should do it as you already do. using taskkill. or create a plugin to do it. or use some 3rd party scheduler tools "i belive you can use windows scheduler" that executes your bat script at set interval.

have fun.

Regards.

Nuxil

Sweet! Giving it a try now.

I'm super excited about the plug-in's :)

When I used #shutdown I didn't have anything in place that would kill arma2oa so that my monitor script (with start /wait) would trigger). It seemed like things ran a bit smoother when I used #shutdown and it worked properly... kind of like pulling a cord on a computer as opposed to a proper shutdown. I'm sure I can find something to work just right... this update should help my quest :D

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Same issue for me. I made my config as simple as possible... i started with all the new fresh files...

[bec]

Ip = 127.0.0.1 (I tried localhost,internet ip for fun)

Port = 3333

BePath = D:\DayZ\Arma2OA\dayz_1.chernarus\BattlEye (i had ..\BattlEye\) previously... neither help

Admins = Admins.xml

Commands = Commands.xml

LogDir = Server1

Server will not connect. This is a pretty simple server setup too... my server exe is default name... I really don't know what else to try to make it work. Reverted back for now.

With 1.5.1 My BEC can't connect to my server either. It just says waiting for server.... and then closes after the specified timeout.

My setup is pretty similar to justChil's except I have some more things defined. It worked in the previous version I had.

Anyone mind posting a 1.50 DL?

Thx for the update but how do i configure it with Arma 3?

How do i disable a plugin? Is it enough to put it out of the folder??

Not sure why you guys are having problems with it. i have tried to reproduce the issue. but have no luck in doing so.

So do you get passed.

"Waiting for Server" ?

if yes.

does it get stuck on: "Please Wait"

if you do not get a "Please Wait" message. can you verify that the ports are really correct. "check arma's console windows frame".

but i bet there are more people haveing the same issue as you two. i might need to revert to some old server check code on the startup. "code from 1.498"

i have to do that tomorrow evening. i'll also put up a new plugin example, a gui box with players and a input line for sending commands.

@Shona just delete the plugin dir.

I know mine is on 3333. My other server is all defaults so 2302.

If I start up server then BEC it's Waiting for server.

If I startup BEC then server it's Please Wait.

Check for update and reporter account validation does not work in 1.51.

Just on "Waiting For Game Server..." And yes, the ports are correct, tried with public IP and local IP.

If it's worth noting my BE directory is outside of the ArmA directory.

Edited by icomrade

Hi,

get the following error when starting BEC 1.51

14:23:51 : Connecting to Battleye server 127.0.0.1:2326
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "Bec.py", line 4092, in <module>
 File "Bec.py", line 4088, in Main
 File "Bec.py", line 4082, in startReactor
 File "twisted\internet\posixbase.pyo", line 364, in listenUDP
 File "twisted\internet\udp.pyo", line 102, in startListening
 File "twisted\internet\udp.pyo", line 123, in _connectToProtocol
 File "twisted\internet\protocol.pyo", line 691, in makeConnection
 File "twisted\internet\protocol.pyo", line 655, in doStart
 File "Bec.py", line 3954, in startProtocol
 File "Bec.py", line 3968, in startConnect
 File "Bec.py", line 3828, in __be_craft_packet
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
C:\bec>

Edited by mpcom

Sorry guys for the problems with Bec in the last two versions.

Just forget about 1.50, 151. and get 1.52.

And please dont tell me its not working. i'll blow up something then :p

Regards,

Nuxil

Sorry guys for the problems with Bec in the last two versions.

Just forget about 1.50, 151. and get 1.52.

And please dont tell me its not working. i'll blow up something then :p

Regards,

Nuxil

I have some bad news but I'm not sure if I should tell you...

It Didn't work... PLEASE DON'T BLOW ME UP :(

Please explain a bit more.

did you replace both Bec.exe and the Bec.lib file ?

Sorry but now :

Connecting to Battleye server 127.0.0.1:2326

Cheking for new BEC Version

Bec is running the latest Version

no valid response . trying to reconnect..

BEC-LOG

17:02:16 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

17:02:20 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

17:02:24 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

17:02:28 : Lost Connection!

17:02:28 : Closing socket & exiting!

18:12:30 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

18:12:34 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

18:12:38 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

18:12:38 : Lost Connection!

18:12:38 : Closing socket & exiting!

Edited by mpcom