Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

Hi..

you need to validate your account with bec before you can login.

regarding your admin beeing kicked. A simple rule. do not use the Arma2 Admin interface unless you really do need to use it.. if you do. login do your actions. then logout.

Bec dosent catch hacks. BEC is not a AC. Dont confuse BEC with Battleye.

please send this hack to Battleye or info about the hack there, or send a pm to $able.

there is nothing i can do about this.

You're on fire nuxil, some great updates! We're really enjoying the Teamspeak functionality, its been a big help on our servers.

Is there any way or plan to allow us to customize the messages from the bot or at the least what is in them? It would be really helpful to see the offenders IP address in message. As cheaters now have multiple sources for keys and their management we rely on the RCON at times to detect real time GUID brute-forcing. Sometimes the cheaters are stupid and don't bother changing their in-game name, sometimes they turn it up a bit. While an IP can be changed easily in many places I believe this information could go a long way and is the only potentially missing that comes to mind. Sine we've utilized BEC Teamspeak functionality our response time when out of game or away has been greatly improved and our players are grateful for the added security.

From
<Timestamp> [color="#FF0000"]"queryname"[/color]: Player : [b]AbusingPlayerName[/b] : [color="#FF0000"]GUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUID[/color] Kicked from game-server : US#### : Reason : Restriction #00

To
<Timestamp> [color="#FF0000"]"queryname"[/color]: Player : [b]AbusingPlayerName[/b] : [color="#FF0000"]GUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUID[/color] : ([b]IP.IP.IP.IP[/b]) : Kicked from game-server : US#### : Reason : Restriction #00

Ideal
<Timestamp> [color="#FF0000"]"US####"[/color]: [b]AbusingPlayerName[/b] : [color="#FF0000"]GUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUIDGUID[/color] : ([b]IP.IP.IP.IP[/b]) : Kicked : Restriction #00

Continuing with the brute-force GUID login waves it would also be helpful to notify on Invalid GUID, Global Ban, and BEC Gamehack Ban.

Edited by OCNDayZ

Guys , did i make something wrong or this the way it is .. so i set up some admins on my server bec recognizes them says superadmin connected all ok ... but only this first who logs in as admin has power ... I mean no one else can log after that .. How can i resolve this? Thank you.

ensure that the guids in the admin.xml file "or what ever you called" are correct for all your users. also make sure to use global chat when you execute commands.

im not sure what you meant with log in as admin. with bec there is no need to log in as admin. your users execute commands directly on the chatline. like ." !upt , !kpl Somename , !sht etc etc.

read the doc's for more info

not sure why you are posting in this thread then..

gcam has nothing to do with B.E.C

learn how to sign addons and give your admins the keys and add it to your server aswell.

Hey guys just switched our box and just copied all of the server dir. and and replaced them just like before and now Im getting a BEC error. Hoping some one can help with this.

c:\servertools\bec\Bec.exe this application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

Any ideas

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.

Hi! As admin and a custom mission maker on our Wasteland server which has Battleye installed, I frequently make use of createvehicle. Battleye kicks me of the server accordingly. How do I exclude myself as admin from being kicked while Battleye still kicks when this action is triggered by another player. (Or is this what the Whitelist is for?)(Sorry if I ask for the obvious way. I am wading through the hundreds of threads about everything related to Arma 2 and so on.)

Version 1.497 available for download

Only some small fixes.

Changelog

*** V 1.49.7 ***

- Fixed: !ainf listed all admin who had been connected instead of only online admins.

- Improved: ts3 messages will now also contain ip address.

- Fixed: Using !kid & !bid could sometimes kick, ban wrong players.

- Added: loadadmins to the command file. reloade the admin file ingame if it has been changed after bec restarted, See commands.xml for example

- Added: loadcommands to the command file. reloade the command file ingame if it has been changed after bec restarted, See commands.xml for example

if you find any problems/bugs. report them to bug@ibattle.org

Another tip:

If BEServer.cfg in (for example)

T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\instance_11_Chernarus\BattlEye

doesn't exist and you've started the Server. Then the build-in version of BattleEye that runs with the server can't find the BEServer.cfg and runs anyway.

But you'll find you can't use any BECcon client to log in...

If you then add BEServer.cfg to the folder, it still will not allow you to log in as BEC admin. You have to stop the Game server and restart it. Oh hum....

Quite why BEC can't see that BEServer.cfg isn't there at runtime and report it or when it does appear in that folder, just use that updated file, is beyond me.... :)

Just something to watch out for when setting it all up!

Hello, recently I bought dayz server on Vert Hosting and i included BEC option with it.

Howerver I spent 48h trying to turn it on and configure it, so I can use Scheduler, and I still fail.

I'd like some assistance over skype please: hrvoje.lotar

Hello, recently I bought dayz server on Vert Hosting and i included BEC option with it.

Howerver I spent 48h trying to turn it on and configure it, so I can use Scheduler, and I still fail.

I'd like some assistance over skype please: hrvoje.lotar

I got it working.

Ok i have had this working on my dayz sever but now i am trying to get it working on my wasteland sever it boots up all good but then it stops this is what i get.

21:43:15 : Rcon client logging in

21:44:00 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

21:44:00 : Rcon client logging in

21:44:00 : RCon admin #2 (127.0.0.1:64062) logged in

21:46:17 : Lost Connection!

21:46:17 : Closing socket & exiting!

I cant get my head around it at all. any help would be good.

Thats not much to go on. but by the looks of it. it looks like a unstable connection or heavy delay on it.

in fact it could be several things. try set the Timeout value a bit higher. 30 sec +. to ensure the server is running and Be server is started before Bec trys to login.

check that the BePath is correct for this new server.

i would try to see if other rcon types also dissconnect like that. keep in mind that. if there is already 5 rcon clients connected to the server. bec will not be able to connect until one of them are disconnected.

you could also try to change the ip address to the server. it can help in some cases.

also go see if there are any errors produced by bec by going in the error log dir. and fix them up if there are any.

i set the time out to 5 mins and it stall did it. there are no errors in the log. and its only bec that connects to rcon. I have also tried changing the ip address.

ok afer some more testing and did what you said nuxil i get this.

15:29:24 : Rcon client logging in

15:29:24 : RCon admin #0 (60.234.37.183:51267) logged in

15:29:25 : RCon admin #0: (Global) Initializing Bec

15:34:25 : Lost Connection!

15:34:25 : Closing socket & exiting!

Edited by goatboy

thats still not much to go on.

what version of bec,

what version of BE Server,

what version of arma (beta?),

are you using.?

try to connect with another rcon to see if the connection is unstable with it aswell.

try manually update BE Server if its outdated. http://battleye.com/downloads/arma2/new/BEServer.dll

Would it be possible to add a custom field (s) in teamspeak xml file to report in the sqme way a kick,ban,hack happens in teamspeak so it reports on your custom word?

i already got requests like that, there are also some typos that still needs to be fixed up, damn english language :p

so its on my todo list along with some other things.

but sadly im not sure when i will be able to do a update on bec, i am at the moment busy working on some other project.

There a way to have the BEC respond with the current FPS from in the game? i.e #monitor 1 to Teamspeak?