Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

have you done some renameing of the server exe file? .. or did you comment out

ServerExeName = SomeName.exe

with wrong name in the config file. ?

you can alsot try to start up Bec like Bec.exe -f confg.cfg --dsc

yes, arma2oaserver_1.exe...which I updated in the config

i will try the --dsc and see what happens.

second freeze always before a line of a kicked player

19:13:58 Player Johnny kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Kick (BEC : You have been kicked for chat spam!)

BEC freeze 19:13:57 the previous line.

Obviously related to ts3. sometimes work sometimes freeze.

# Set the amount of time Bec will wait on the server on startup.

Timeout = 1200

What value do I need here, so "B.E.C." does not stop when I restart/shutdown my server. Now B.E.C. stops even after scheduled restarts.

Timeout is the amount of time Bec will wait for the server to startup if bec started before the server.

bec will auto quit when arma closes the udp socket. to get it started again use a service or some batscript

Nuxil, is this ever going to be open source? If so, ETA?

Thanks for adding 'everyone' permission group. There's only one more piece of the puzzle I need you to complete. I need support for running an external command and parsing it user-created variables.

Example:

!updateme variable1 variable2

Sample:

!updateme freeborne@ausarma.org mysecret123

Try to think how powerful and useful this could be for the community....... It could change everything! PW6, DayZ, MSO, hackers, whitelisting, etc. It means players can authenticate themselves (in other systems) as owners of a particular BEGUID!

If you require more info or clarification, feel free to PM me.

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm getting error when I'm trying to enable "Heartbeat":

04:03:16 : Config Error : [Heartbeat] -> bepath1=/home/user/servers/bliss/dayz_1.chernarus/BattlEye/bans.txt Can not be a heartbeat file on this server

or (tried different path)

04:36:20 : Config Error : [Heartbeat] -> bepath1=Z:\home\user\servers\bliss\dayz_1.chernarus\BattlEye\bans.txt Can not be a heartbeat file on this server

Could this happen because I'm running it on Linux with Wine and B.E.C. can not recognize the "linux" path or I'm doing something wrong elsewhere?

Edited by helldesign

Working on it.

any news? thank

EDIT: sorry i dont saw the pm

Edited by Sharkiller

I'm getting an error when I try to launch BEC and I don't know what to do or what's the problem. "The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." I have no idea where the application event log is and I don't know what I need to do next when I enter sxstrace.exe tool. Any help will be appreciated.

We have everything working fine on this latest update. However I highly recommend adding a setting (default to off) that will check for lobby for TS3 server/channel. Right now as it is it checks everyone including those in the lobby for the TS3 channel. Thanks and awesome work.

P.S. I also sent you a fixed/update asc.xsl file which added in the lines from the new update, a few of the lines were messed up and I fixed those as well.

New version available, V 1.493

Altho this version also focus on improving the ts3 function. i did also identify a another problem. so even if you dont use the ts3 setting. you should still download this version..

i have also identifyed a problems that would cause the main thread to lock up at times which was related to the ts3.. hopefully no more freezes on bec now

@Alderman, sorry i been offline somedays.. and didnt see this before now.

@Freeborne, opensource. not going to happen. altho i'll look into making some support for what you mentioned.

@Sharkiller, yes. try now.

@helldesign, no idea could be. i dont use wine and never tried using it in linux.. you could instead of using the heartbeat. create junction files on your ban files. check some of my post back.. guess you can do it on wine too?

Edited by nuxil

why the comment was deleted? :(

again with no full info:

only works ts3 messages from chatspam. i have setted nok nob and noh to 1.

and bec freeze 10~15 seconds every time that send a message to ts3.

"Check in Bec that your guid in beening verified.

17:44:56 : Verified GUID (bcdefaddc0ab2820a2acb2a05f54ce01) of player #0 nux

if your guid is not beeing verified. you can not send commands through arma chat line."

How can I have my GUID verified?

Cannot load config values from [bec] section recheck your config.cfg. I keep getting this error. Here is my config.cfg

#----------------------------------------------------
[bec]

# Set the ip to your server. normaly 127.0.0.1 will be fine.
Ip = 64.74.97.227

# Set the port to the server. default port is 2302
Port = 2302

# Set the path to the BattlEye directory that is currently in use by the server.
BePath = C:\ServerToolsI44\BattlEye

# Set the path to your Admins.xml file containing your admins.
Admins = Admins.xml

# Set the path to your Commands.xml file.
Commands = Commands.xml

# Set a name for the directory where the logs will be located. 
# Do not set a path. only a name. since the logs will be in X:\....\Bec\Log\Name\*
LogDir = I44_Server

[Misc]

# Set the color,height and with on bec's console window
ConsoleColor	= 0f
ConsoleHeight	= 30
ConsoleWidth	= 100

# Only allow english chars.
AsciiNickOnly = True

# Kick players who has listed chars in their name
DisallowPlayerNameChars	= [](){}<>/\^|§!#%&@£¤¨

# Set the amount of warnings a player will get before kicked. -1 is disabled. 0 instant kick
Warnings = 4

# Only allow english chars to be typed on the chat. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.
AsciiChatOnly = True

# If AsciiChatOnly is set True. you can define none english chars that will be accepted.
IgnoreChatChars	= æøå

# Set the amount of time Bec will wait on the server on startup.
Timeout = 5

Add the path to your schedule.xml file, it should work then...

It just copy and pasted like that. It is actually this: BePath = C:\ServerToolsI44\BattlEye.

Hello,

how many server i can to the Heartbeat? I have 5 Server running. Is it possible to apply a ban from server 1 to the other four? Or from server 2 to Server 1,3,4 and 5? Because i set it up this way and Banned two Hackers on Server 3, but in the bans.txt from the other Server i cant find there GUID´s?! Please help me, its very Important. There are so many Hackers out there. :-/

Edit:

I banned them via Battlewarden.

I rent a server that does not allow me to run programs on the server. Just to clarify, the exe must be run server side?

@ kero81 check out: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/heav...ders_and_files . doing this will keep your ban file fully in sync.

@ Rellikplug you can use the --dsc option when starting up bec from a client. but it will only work as a logbot. other than that i suggest you ask your hoster if they can install bec or change hoster that allows bec on the server.

Hey nuxil,

ill checked your Link but i guess this doesnt work. If i understand it right, this programm will sync ONE bans.txt to all my Folders?! Does it just copy the bans.txt from Server 1 to Server 2+3+4+5?! So if i ban someone on Server 2 it wont add this ban to Server 1+3+4+5?!

Maybe its my bad English why i dont understand the Prorgam. :-/ Could you give my a quick Tut?

Edit:

Since yesterday i have another Problem. :-S If i start BEC this message shows in the BEC Window:

Unexpected error in ts3 reconnect

Any Ideas?

-cfg´s are all set up correct.

Edited by kero81

the ts3 queryer should be fixed and not lockup bec anymore

+some other stuff

Changelog

*** V 1.49.5 ***

- Fixed: some issues with ts3 logging.

- Fixed: ts3 thread shutdown was not done correctly.

- Fixed: there was a bug in the reporting_failure function.

- Changed: Some player data is initialized earlier.

- Added: more kick types on ignore for ts3 admins. no need to informe admins about "client not responding" kicks, etc.

*** V 1.49.4 ***

- Added: Custom Whitelist message, See Config_Example.cfg file for more info

- Added: Channel colors.

- Changed: The Ts3-Queryer has been rewritten. due to this some functions has been taken out. might be reimplemented at some time..

See Ts3_Example.xml file for more info..

- Fixed: Timeing issuse with high interval schedules. Example : spambot. "schedules set on loop with 1 sec".

- Improved: Scheduler time methode-2 "HH:MM" changed to "HH:MM:SS", you will need to edit your xml time value so it includes the SS.

See Scheduler_Example.xml file for more info

Hello everyone, I'm new at using the BEC and i'm also new to being a admin for Arma. I have Admined for years on other game and the one thing I don't understand is that I haven't seen 3rd party development of anti cheat measures here like in other games. Am I missing something, Also I find very difficult to figure out what all BEC can do other then what I have read at the BEC site. I reg. my account and was wondering is there anything to having the account. When I try to log in nothing happens. This past week our server has been over run by scripters so bad that they were able to kick the server admin from the server. Anyone know how to stop that?