Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

I'll do that tonight when I get home from work mate...

Now have three servers running, so we have the three of them in a heartbeat, I deliberately left the third one with an empty ban file to see if the bans did come across properly..

Should be sometime after nine pm uk time.

Bec Version 1.49 available for download.

Its important for thouse who with an reporting account to update.

If anyone desides to use the new ts3 setting. please report back how it works. but please do not contact me about how to setup a ts3 query account. there is tonz of info about that on Google.com

Changelog

- Fixed: Yet another attempt to fix the heartbeat. No more updated on this as its working for me on several servers and setup's.

For thouse with issues. a schedule with a bat/cmd script can be created that merges the ban files every 30 min or so.

- Fixed: Whitelist was missing a break on a for loop check.

- Fixed: Whitelist did not check guids of players who was already connected.. "ie: bec restarted during the mission"

- Fixed: BadWords warnings did not count while players was in lobby

- Added: switch --dvc to disable check for newer version.

- Added: More error message when parsing the Admin,Command,Scheduler and Ts3 xml file(s).

- Changed: Minimum value for KickLobbyIdlers reduced from 180 to 90 seconds

- Improved: Reporting function.

- Added: Simple Ts3 server query for, pms and pokes regarding, lobby idleing, bans, game hacks.

Note. this in in wip atm and things may change.

Edited by nuxil

Oh the ts3 option looks brilliant mate, will set it up ASAP and report back..

Hello!

First of all, thanks for a good server admin tool!

I am running a Wasteland server and yesterday I tested using the reserved slots function in BEC.

The function works fine, however as soon as someone tries to connect when the server is full it sends a serverside message saying player connected, the player got kicked for no reserved, disconnected etc.

Since our server is quite popular and people think there are slots, these messages gets constantly spammed across the server and annoys the players.

Is there any way to disable or hide those messages?

Thanks!

Sorry. BEC can not suppress BE massages.

only option i can think of to limit the spam is to use the flood control (type2) to reduce the number of connections.

I have installed ver 149 and still no hearbeat function working for me, the one thing i did notice from the link you supplied to show that its working, is your "wording" on the cfg file in your hearbeat area of the cfg it shows BanFile and in the config example it shows it as BePath

i read in the change log that you can schedule this,as this is the only way i will get it to work, could you please give an example as i really not got a programming bone in my body

I have installed ver 149 and still no hearbeat function working for me, the one thing i did notice from the link you supplied to show that its working, is your "wording" on the cfg file in your hearbeat area of the cfg it shows BanFile and in the config example it shows it as BePath

i read in the change log that you can schedule this,as this is the only way i will get it to work, could you please give an example as i really not got a programming bone in my body

Well.. im not a batch exprert. i googled and found something you might be able to use.

i modified the script a bit.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11291890/really-merge-in-bat-file

merge.bat

@echo off

setlocal disableDelayedExpansion

set lf=^

set BEPath1="C:\Server-1\BattlEye\bans.txt"

set BEPath2="C:\Server-2\BattlEye\bans.txt"

set BEPath3="C:\Server-3\BattlEye\bans.txt"

:: set tmp files paths

set Workfile1="C:\Server-1\BattlEye\bans-work.txt"

set Workfile2="C:\Server-1\BattlEye\bans-final.txt"

copy /b %BEPath1%+%BEPath2%+%BEPath3% %Workfile1% >nul

:: This will sort the files aswell.

set "old="

(

for /f eol^=^%lf%%lf%^ delims^= %%A in ('sort %Workfile1%') do (

set "new=.%%A"

setlocal enableDelayedExpansion

if "!old!" neq "!new!" echo(!new:~1!

for /f "delims=" %%B in ("!new!") do (

endlocal

set "old=%%B"

)

)

)>%Workfile2%

copy /b %Workfile2% %BEPath1%

copy /b %Workfile2% %BEPath2%

copy /b %Workfile2% %BEPath3%

:: delete the work files

del %Workfile1%

del %Workfile2%

as for the schedule you just have something like this.

<job id="0">

<time>000100</time>

<delay>000000</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>1</loop>

<cmd>c:\path\to\merge.bat</cmd>

<cmdtype>1</cmdtype>

</job>

<job id="1">

<time>000100</time>

<delay>000005</delay>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>1</loop>

<cmd>loadbans</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

Ofcource you need to modify it to your needs. maybe someone else in here is more of a batch expert than me,

Hope this helps a bit tho.

Edited by nuxil

you are not. the guid in the admin.xml file is only a reference.

when you connect you will see if your guid is verifyed or not.. take a look in bec or in a other rcon tool. if you play on lan with no internett. your guid will never be verifyed.

your guid must be in the admin.xml to be able to send command. and only when you are verifyed are you able to send commands.

you are not. the guid in the admin.xml file is only a reference.

when you connect you will see if your guid is verifyed or not.. take a look in bec or in a other rcon tool. if you play on lan with no internett. your guid will never be verifyed.

your guid must be in the admin.xml to be able to send command. and only when you are verifyed are you able to send commands.

ok, I am one of the admins for US 1979 it is a public server, I have never seen anyone saying verified. is it something I need to enable ?

The #shutdown command doest seem to work since the latest BE update

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

well now it seems to have restarted, just 20 minutes late

I started "Bec" with "Wine" on my linux box, but then I got this error:

wine Bec.exe -f Config.cfg
Problem connecting to the server

1. Check if the server is running.

2. Check that the port is correct.

3. Check that the firewall is not blocking the program.

My server is running at the same host and I have "rcon" tool connected.

part of my Config.cfg :

#----------------------------------------------------

[bec]

#----------------------------------------------------

# Set the ip to your server. normaly 127.0.0.1 will be fine.

Ip = 127.0.0.1

# Set the port to the server. default port is 2302

Port = 2302

# Set the path to the BattlEye directory that is currently in use by the server.

BePath = /home/user/bliss/dayz_1.chernarus/BattlEye

Any help appreciated.

Edited by helldesign

you have spaces in your path? i have problems with spaces and schedules not working to run a bat files due to this.

I have spaces in my path, but never had a problem with any function (i use bat files for my scheduler, etc) until i tried to go from 1.46->1.49...with 1.49 it just says its waiting for the server to start (which is already started) after I launch BEC.

have you done some renameing of the server exe file? .. or did you comment out

ServerExeName = SomeName.exe

with wrong name in the config file. ?

you can alsot try to start up Bec like Bec.exe -f confg.cfg --dsc

ts3 work great.

can you add the reason of the kicks in the messages? like gamehack, lobby idle, spamchat, etc?? :yay:

have you done some renameing of the server exe file? .. or did you comment out

ServerExeName = SomeName.exe

with wrong name in the config file. ?

you can alsot try to start up Bec like Bec.exe -f confg.cfg --dsc

Wow that line "Bec.exe -f confg.cfg --dsc" worked for me. Now B.E.C. is running. Thank you very much, nuxil!

Since I have many customizations in my server/battleye filters and anticheat with custom filters etc. sometimes I have false bans. If I enable "Heartbeat" and somebody get banned by mistake does that mean that he will be banned in all BEC servers using "Heartbeat"?

And BTW is everything OK with the BEC site (http://www.ibattle.org/bansys/), because I tried to log in via web few times, reset my password, got the e-mail for the reset but still can't log in.

Edited by helldesign

can you add the reason of the kicks in the messages? like gamehack, lobby idle, spamchat, etc?? :yay:

already working on improving the ts3. ;)

Since I have many customizations in my server/battleye filters and anticheat with custom filters etc. sometimes I have false bans. If I enable "Heartbeat" and somebody get banned by mistake does that mean that he will be banned in all BEC servers using "Heartbeat"?

And BTW is everything OK with the BEC site (http://www.ibattle.org/bansys/), because I tried to log in via web few times, reset my password, got the e-mail for the reset but still can't log in.

If your running the heartbeat and it works as it should. then yes he will be banned on all game servers on the server that is running all the Bec's

bansys works fine. .it was down earlyer but back up now. make sure you have validated your account with Bec alswell before trying to login there.

a side note. i know some people are having issues with the heartbeat. a solution for them might be to use this.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/heaven/wiki/Virtual_folders_and_files

and disable the heartbeat in bec's config

Edited by nuxil

Hey guys,

I've got a question: How can I disable those annoying "admin connected" messages?

Our users don't need to know if an admin is online or not.

Regards

easy, just remove the groupname content.

Like:

<admin id="0">

<name>nux</name>

<guid>a1455addc0ab2820a2acb2a05f54ce0b</guid>

<group>0</group>

<groupname></groupname>

</admin>

A small update for those who uses the Ts3 queryer in Bec.

This update mainly focus on improving the Ts3queryer.

e1890c1698689acbb8f5d49eac901d69.jpg

Changelog

*** V 1.492 ***

- Changed: Channel tag must be set with channel id "Cid", check the example file for more info.

- Fixed: Chat restriction was showing wrong warning counting for all channels except global.

- Added: Ts3 color & bold style on pm text to admins

*** V 1.491 ***

- Added: Channel tag

- Added: Name Tag for the queryer.

- Added: Interval tag for the ts3 query loops

Make sure to check out the Ts3_Example.xml file. as there has been updates to this file.

Have Fun. :)

Edited by nuxil

A small update for those who uses the Ts3 queryer in Bec.

This update mainly focus on improving the Ts3queryer.

http://www.bildedump.no/pics/e1890c1698689acbb8f5d49eac901d69.jpg

Changelog

*** V 1.492 ***

- Changed: Channel tag must be set with channel id "Cid", check the example file for more info.

- Fixed: Chat restriction was showing wrong warning counting for all channels except global.

- Added: Ts3 color & bold style on pm text to admins

*** V 1.491 ***

- Added: Channel tag

- Added: Name Tag for the queryer.

- Added: Interval tag for the ts3 query loops

Make sure to check out the Ts3_Example.xml file. as there has been updates to this file.

Have Fun. :)

works great :D

can you add a file to use custom messages for kicked, warnings, idle lobby? aka translation support?

edit: i have my first BEC freeze with 1.492

Edited by Sharkiller