Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

I can't get this to work on my private hive dayz server (bliss). The program starts up fine, no errors anywhere. When I connect it says me, the superadmin, has connected, so RCON is running fine. But none of the commands work.... Side-chat is enabled on the server but nothing seems to work. I set my admin level to 0 (highest, right?) and still nothing happens.

Has anyone been able to get this to work on a private hive server?

http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/General-Command-Info-and-Usage/

Read first section. If you are testing a server by yourself, only Global Chat channel would work.

I am well aware of that. I tested it with 10 people on the server with side chat enabled, i tested it with people in a vehicle on vehicle channel and I tested it with people near me in direct channel. Nothing.

Hey All

I have a question about scheduled messages. I have read through the thread and didn't see an answer so I'm hoping someone can help.

Is there a way to have BEC send scheduled messages through the MOTD text instead of RCON admin text?

I believe I recall seeing this on servers before but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not even sure if this is possible but would like to know for sure.

I'm trying to run "BEC" under Linux with Wine and i'm keep getting this error:

fixme:time:GetSystemTimes (0x33f204,0x33f214,0x33f20c): Stub!

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Bec.py", line 14, in <module>

File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module

File "psutil\__init__.pyo", line 455, in <module>

File "psutil\__init__.pyo", line 451, in cpu_times

File "psutil\_psmswindows.pyo", line 57, in get_system_cpu_times

WindowsError: [Error 0] Success

Any help appreciated

Edited by helldesign

After some months finally a update for you guys.

Some new functions but havent written the online docs yet so use the readme and examples files.

Changelog

*** V 1.47 ***

- Added: WhiteList File Support. one guid pre line

- Added: SlotLimit. can be used to reserve slots

- Added: switch --dec to disable external commands for commands.xml and scheduler.xml

- Added: switch --dsc to disable process check of the arma server pid, note all config values except the one's in the bec block will work.

- Added: Implemented Antispam function.

- Added: Support for loadevents to the scheduler system.

- Added: New function to the scheduler. delay on startup for jobs. check example's for more info.

- Added: Group id 100 as public groupnumber for commands, availeble commands are: help, pinfo, ainfo and uptime, check commands.xml example.

- Fixed: "custom reason" argument "!r" on kick and ban was not working properly.

- Fixed: makeroom ("!mr") was able to kick admins.

- Improved: Some code with LobbyKick improved.

- Improved: Some update with Heartbeat.

- Improved: Titlebar contains more info.

- Improved: some fixes here there.

- Improved: Lines written to the to Reporting_Failures.log file will be scrambled to prevent a exploit.

+ some more small stuff..

Check GUID and Reporting does no longer function in older versions of BEC.

Due to changes and updates on Bec's bansys database all admins are required to reset their password.

Follow the link -> http://www.ibattle.org/bansys/account_lost.php

Sorry for my latency, but due to schedule I have not been able to answer all e-mails regarding questions and account requests.

Make new account at this link -> http://www.ibattle.org/bansys/signup.php

I will not be available until after newyear so a happy christmas to you all!

Nuxil.

I <insert expletive> love you man.

Been using a really dodgy whitelisting system, so keen to try out your new features and report back. You really need to add more support for databases though, even SQLlite, but preferrably MySQL.

P.S:

Damnit, a whitelist text file? No, no, no. As much as I appreciate your work, a whitelist REALLY needs some kind of database to be useful. Can just add a space after the GUID to write a name or description? Can we have temporary whitelist entries like you can with the ban file?

Edited by Freeborne

What is the whitelist file for? Just bans?

Good update and thanks for implementing the chat spam I have bugged you about a lot on skype. :)

Can anyone else confirm the submit button isn't working on signup for a new account?

I can now confirm the --dsc switch now means that this doesnt need to run on the server itself, i currently have it setup to login to a slotted rented server. so just AWESOME NESSS

Cheers mate

EDIT

It appears the scheduler wont work.. all the other option block stuff seems fine, just cant get scheduler to work.

which is weird as the same scheduler file seems to work fine on a server on teh same box, but if i run BEC and give it remote info in the IP and port and disable the PID check, it logs in fine and commands work and stuff, but it just wont run scheduler to "chat" with server.

Edited by XmarksTheScot

From changelog in v1.47.1.

- Changed: switch --dsc will not disable config values if the ip is set to 127.0.0.1.

When the --dsc switch is enabled, BEC will ignore all config values except the ones in the [bec] block, unless the IP is set to 127.0.0.1, meaning the BEC is running on the server.

As far as i know this is done in case two or more BEC's are connected to the same server with different config values, witch would cause problems.

If you run BEC remotely, it will mostly have logging capabilities. The best way is to get BEC installed on your server.

From changelog in v1.47.1.

When the --dsc switch is enabled, BEC will ignore all config values except the ones in the [bec] block, unless the IP is set to 127.0.0.1, meaning the BEC is running on the server.

As far as i know this is done in case two or more BEC's are connected to the same server with different config values, witch would cause problems.

If you run BEC remotely, it will mostly have logging capabilities. The best way is to get BEC installed on your server.

Strange becuase it still seems to be using my badnames and badwords files ok

Strange becuase it still seems to be using my badnames and badwords files ok

I am in the same boat. Everything works fine but the Scheduler. I want to tell people when the server is about to restart..... But cant.

Hello guys,

i have a problem, i can´t connect with BEC, BERCon to my ArmA2 Server.

BEC say me:

04:18:41 : Checking for new Bec version...

04:18:44 : Bec is running latest version!

04:18:46 : Requesting login on xxxxxxxxx

My Config.cfg:

# This config file is only provided as an example file.

# Edit it to sute your needs.

# For more info on how to edit this file. use the Readme.txt file or visit

#----------------------------------------------------

[bec]

# Set the ip to your server. normaly 127.0.0.1 will be fine.

Ip = 127.0.0.1

# Set the port to the server. default port is 2302

Port = 2348

# Set the path to the BattlEye directory that is currently in use by the server.

BePath = C:xxxxxxx\TA2DST\Test\BattlEye

# Set the path to your Admins.xml file containing your admins.

Admins = Admins.xml

# Set the path to your Commands.xml file.

Commands = Commands.xml

# Set a name for the directory where the logs will be located.

# Do not set a path. only a name. since the logs will be in X:\....\Bec\Log\Name\*

LogDir = ServerTest

[Misc]

# Set the color of the terminal. if not defined. 07 will be used as default

Color = 0e

# Only allow english chars.

AsciiNickOnly = True

# Kick players who has listed chars in their name

DisallowPlayerNameChars = [](){}<>/\^|§!#%&@£¤¨

# Max length a player name. kicks players who has to long name.

MaxPlayerNameLength = 16

# Set the name of your armaserver.exe if it has been renamed from armaoaserver.exe. if the exe has its originale name. comment it out.

#ServerExeName = SomeName.exe

# Set the amount of warnings a player will get before kicked. -1 is disabled. 0 instant kick

Warnings = 4

# Only allow english chars to be typed on the chat. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.

AsciiChatOnly = True

# If AsciiChatOnly is set True. you can define none english chars that will be accepted.

IgnoreChatChars = æøå

# Set path to the file containing a list of bad words. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.

WordFilterFile = BadWords.txt

# Set the path to the file containing whitelisted guids.

WhiteListFile = WhiteList.txt

# Kick people with offensive names

NickFilterFile = BadNames.txt

# Set the amount of time Bec will wait on the server on startup.

Timeout = 5

# Kick people who are idleing in the lobby, kick will happen after given time, Min time is 180 sec. use 0 to disable this function.

KickLobbyIdlers = 180

# Set the path to the Scheduer.xml file.

Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

# If enabled. Bec will create seperate chat files for each channel along with the main file.

ChatChannelFiles = true

# Set the amount of Normal players who can connect. Set it to -1 to disable it.

# If set to 0 it means only players who are listed in the Admins.xml will be able to connect to the server.

# Quick Example 1: server can hole 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins. then set SlotLimit to 45.

# Quick Example 2: server can hole 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins and 5 slots for friends.

# then set SlotLimit to 40. and edit your admins.xml. add in all your frineds and put them in group example 100.

SlotLimit = -1

# Flood control system. There are 2 types of flood control and only one can be in use.

# Type 1 is based on how many players are in the lobby.

# If the player count is greater than what FloodControl1 is set to the server will autolock.

# The server will unlock itself once the players join the mission and there is less players in the lobby than what the value of FloodControl1 is set to.

FloodControl1 = 0

# Type 2 is based on time and amount of connection within given sample time.

# Quick Example:

FloodControl2 = 0

FloodSampleTime = 0

FloodLockTime = 0

# Quick Example:

# FloodControl2 = 10

# FloodSampleTime = 3

# FloodLockTime = 5

# If more than 10 players connect within 3 sec. the server will be locked for 5 seconds.

[Reporter]

# Reporter account. Fill in the username and password for your reporter account.

# Gamehack,Hacks will be reported to a database. all players who connect will also be checked against this database.

# Set the Username for your account

User = test

# Set the Password for your account

Password = test

[ChatRestriction]

# Set max amount of chat lines a player is allowed to send for each channel.

# Going passed the number will result in kick. -1 is disabled, 0 isntant kick.

# If the number is higher than 0 players will be sendt warnings.

Global = -1

Side = -1

Group = -1

Vehicle = -1

Command = -1

Commander = -1

Direct = -1

[ChatSpam]

# Set max amount of chat lines per channel allowed within given time frame.

# Set the values to 0 to disable this function(s)

# Quick Example:

# Lobby = 5

# Lobby_Time_Lower = 10

# Lobby_Time_Upper = 15

# If the time between each new chatlines from a player is less than CHANNEL_Time_Lower the spam counter increases by + 1.

# Consider the CHANNEL (Lobby) as the spam counter.

# When a player has (CHANNEL - 1) in spam counting. a warning will be sent to whom it may consern.

# If the time between each new chatline from the player is Greater than CHANNEL_Time_Lower and Less than CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spam counter stay as it is.

# If the time since the last chatline is greater then CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spamcounter is reset to 1.

# To get optimal result play around a bit with the values on your server.

Lobby = 0

Lobby_Time_Lower = 0

Lobby_Time_Upper = 0

Global = 0

Global_Time_Lower = 0

Global_Time_Upper = 0

Side = 0

Side_Time_Lower = 0

Side_Time_Upper = 0

Group = 0

Group_Time_Lower = 0

Group_Time_Upper = 0

Vehicle = 0

Vehicle_Time_Lower = 0

Vehicle_Time_Upper = 0

Command = 0

Command_Time_Lower = 0

Command_Time_Upper = 0

Commander = 0

Commander_Time_Lower = 0

Commander_Time_Upper = 0

Direct = 0

Direct_Time_Lower = 0

Direct_Time_Upper = 0

Without Firewall i can´t connect, too.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Update

All ok, it was the beserver.cfg

Edited by BlackHawk3000

Always welcome new versions, but having some issues with this one, none of the bans will write over to other ban files in the hearbeat function, my paths are correct as they have been checked over and over,same paths used in previous versions and its worked ok as well, but will not work in this version

I am trying to run BEC but i dont even know how to get it started.

I've ran the .exe after i filled in all the details in the config but nothing seems to happen.

Also when i run the .exe after 3 seconds it just automaticly closes down?

Any help greatly appreciated! ^^

Okay so just found out that i needed to:

open command prompt

C:\<dir>\bec.exe -f config.cfg

So now i finally got something running but i get the following error:

Error :: BePath is not a valid directory

Any ideas?

Edited by Sport

nuxil

Could you please make ban reports for BattlEye Hack # ?

Example:

14:11:48 Player nickname kicked off by BattlEye: BattlEye Hack #2

@ MiBF yes. already did. will be in next update. a day or two until i update the new version.

@ ballou, yes indeed it has stopped working. i checked the code and found a typo ;( but its fixed and will be working correctly in next version.

Hang on a few days :)

For the other people who has problems. the issues you are having is verry basic ones. you will find all the info you need in the README file, EXAMPLE files and on Google.

some of the issues you are having are explained in this thread or on other forums like Dayz.

Sorry but i dont have time to answer every basic problem.

BTW: Happy new year to you all

EDIT: I was able to find something on the web to get my schedule working, so I'll delete the original post.

Kick ass tool, Nuxil! Thanks!

Edited by TheGurth

OK

Slightly confused about the reserved slots!

I have two servers running, one was a 75 man and the other was a 50 man server!

So, I increased the actual player count on the servers to 81 and 56, because we have six admins within the admin.xml.

So, in reality should the player count stop at players joining as they were before at 75 & 50, or does it allow people to join up until player slots available and then kick if an admin joins?

Thanks

well.. if the total number of players the server can hold is 75 then you do.. (75 slots - 6 admin) -> SlotLimit = 69 . only admins will be able to join on slot 70++

but note. this can lead to massive spam on the chat if its a popular server with people connecting all the time.

In essence, exactly as I have done above?

Doesn't seem to work on my server, it lets the 56 man server get to 55 then stops players joining, the 81 player server gets filled up even without admins on..

Strange, will have another look tomorrow..

Cheers

Have ran with the new 1.48 had to sadly take it off

My admins listed in the Admins.xml where unable to use there commands !kpl -!btk, just refused to work, unless you have changed the admins.xml from 1.471 to 1.48

Also the bans implemented where not heartbeating over to other ban files for the short time i used it