Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

Sorry all for my absent lately.

The project is not dead. just havent had the time to do much about it lately.

There will be a update soon, 1-2 week(s) hopefully, with some fixes and some new functions will be added.

To all thouse who have requested a reporter account. please be a bit patient. the acount system has been overhauled, and i want to wait until 1.47 is released before more people registrer.

Im sorry for not replying to all the emails regarding bec.

Regards Nuxil

Sorry all for my absent lately.

The project is not dead. just havent had the time to do much about it lately.

There will be a update soon, 1-2 week(s) hopefully, with some fixes and some new functions will be added.

To all thouse who have requested a reporter account. please be a bit patient. the acount system has been overhauled, and i want to wait until 1.47 is released before more people registrer.

Im sorry for not replying to all the emails regarding bec.

Regards Nuxil

Nice to hear, did you read my mail about DaRTBans?

I bought a server from gaming deluxe does anyone know how i can set up bec on that

Nuxil, I can't wait for your next update.

I LOVE BEC :)

Seriously, of all the different ARMA2 tools, I find this the most useful and versatile.

Can you please focus on increasing the flexibility and power of Commands.xml by allowing more customization?

This could offer some amazing features for ARMA2 servers.

Firstly, can you add an "ALL" permission group (id=99 for example), so I can allow every player to run custom commands.

Players could then run the following commands for example:

!upt (reports the servers uptime)

!contactadmin (lists the server admins and website/email to contact them)

!localtime (reports the server's local time)

Can you also allow us to define arguments for our custom commands. In your sample Commands.xml you have !btk which means "Ban Team Killer". The only argument you can supply it is the players name or ID, followed by an optional argument to use a custom ban message.

Basic example:

"!btk Freeborne"

(in human language it translates as: 'ban' team killer with name 'Freeborne' for '60' minutes)

The optional argument I pass by adding !r to the end, followed by some text explaining the ban reason.

e.g:

!btk Freeborne !r You blew up the MHQ you fool

Now this is fantastic, but those commands are limited to what YOU defined when you made BEC. Can you allow me to write commands with this sort of power and flexibility?

I want to write my own commands such as:

!myinfo <argument1> <argument2> <argument3>

e.g:

!myinfo Freeborne me@email.com Australia

This would then call an external script and pass those arguments to it, saving all my details into a text file or database. The script could also match up my BE GUID and insert that into the entry alongside those details I provided.

Is this possible?

Im Running a Dedicated server using the TA2DST can i get the Arma 2 Rcon or BECron working with it and how do i set it up im a noob to this

Need some help guys..

Bec directory is

D:/Bec

D:/Bec/Config

D:/Bec/Config/BecLog

My config file is obviously stored within the config folder. Config is as below..

[bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 3302
BePath = D:\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\MarKeR\BattlEye
LogDir = BecLog
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml

Battleye path is correct, verified by watching the battleye.cfg filename change when active.

Navigate to Bec folder with cmd prompt, type in Bec.ex -f config.cfg and I just get the cmd prompt with the bec help message, -h -f --file message.

Anyone any ideas why I cannot get bec started!

On a side note, nice to see mytag in the OP picture :)

Started working after I added in the commands.xml line.. Thought I could leave that out?

Edited by marker
Working BEC now.

Guys

Is there a way to change the colour of the text that show up in game?

Thanks

http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/configure/

Change BEC text color.

Inside Config.cfg:

[Misc]
Color = 1f

Color = Hex

Set custom color scheme for your Bec, value are hex, range is from 00 to FF.

You can open CMD.exe and type example: color 1a (play around with the colors to find what you like best).

This would be the best method to find out what colors you like instead of starting Bec up 100 times.

Doesn't change the in game BEC text mate, just changes the cmd console on the server..

Well, it does on mine..

Edited by marker

nuxil,

Are any updates coming for B.E.C soon?

Can you look at the DayZ Whitelister apps that have been recently, and add similar support for logging to a SQL database?

Currently, BEC logs everything to text files, that are rotated and timestamped. It makes searching for Player Names and BEGUID's difficult. If I want to find someone's details I have to search through several log files.

If we can (optionally) log to a SQL database, it makes it much easier to search and sort data, and also look for duplicates (such as a player using multiple GUIDs)

These details are logged to LOGS\BELOG, but can we have them (optionally) stored in a SQL database:

- BE GUID

- Player Name

- IP address

(perhaps the Profile ID as well)

Perhaps one record per BEGUID, with an array of the last 5 names and IP addresses associated to it.

Hi we are trying to set this up on our server and when we go to start the .exe it starts but then closes 3 seconds later? Any advice?

How are you starting the service, bec.exe -f config.cfg from the cmd prompt?

Where on your drive is the BEC folder (should be root)!

Is your config file stored in the config folder?

Have you logged into admin while on your server?

Usually it does that Stinger when it can't find the config file.

It MUST be in the "Config" folder, but you can call it anything.cfg.

eg.

C:\MYSERVER\BEC\bec.exe

C:\MySERVER\BEC\Config\mysettings.cfg

C:\MYSERVER\BEC\bec.exe -f mysettings.cfg

Notice you should never mention the folder, such as "-f Config\mysettings.cfg"..... because it assumes the config file will be in a folder called Config.

Usually it does that Stinger when it can't find the config file.

It MUST be in the "Config" folder, but you can call it anything.cfg.

eg.

C:\MYSERVER\BEC\bec.exe

C:\MySERVER\BEC\Config\mysettings.cfg

C:\MYSERVER\BEC\bec.exe -f mysettings.cfg

Notice you should never mention the folder, such as "-f Config\mysettings.cfg"..... because it assumes the config file will be in a folder called Config.

ours is located C:\ServerTools\BEC\Config\config.cfg

Are we doing this wrong?

Nope, should be fine, as long as your config.cfg has the location of your BattlEye folder and bans.txt. You can put BEC anywhere on your HDD. Doesn't need to be anywhere specific in relation to your game folder or BattlEye.

[bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2302
Password = rconpassword
BePath = C:\SERVER\PROFILE\BattlEye
BeBanFile = C:\SERVER\PROFILE\BattlEye\bans.txt
LogDir = SERVER1
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml

#[Misc]
Color = 0f
KickLobbyIdlers = 600
Scheduler = scheduler.xml

Just open a command prompt window, navigate to that folder, and type "BEC -f config.cfg"

If there's an error, it will show up as the command prompt window won't dissappear.

Nope, should be fine, as long as your config.cfg has the location of your BattlEye folder and bans.txt. You can put BEC anywhere on your HDD. Doesn't need to be anywhere specific in relation to your game folder or BattlEye.

[bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2302
Password = rconpassword
BePath = C:\SERVER\PROFILE\BattlEye
BeBanFile = C:\SERVER\PROFILE\BattlEye\bans.txt
LogDir = SERVER1
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml

#[Misc]
Color = 0f
KickLobbyIdlers = 600
Scheduler = scheduler.xml

Just open a command prompt window, navigate to that folder, and type "BEC -f config.cfg"

If there's an error, it will show up as the command prompt window won't dissappear.

Yeah it shows up with all the options if i do it your way but when i run the actual exe everything just closes and will not run and i know we have it all set up right because i copied your config you posted.

Probably easier to just run it from your own PC.

Download BEC from the website. Fill in the config files. Rename the sample files so you have Admins.xml, Commands.xml and scheduler.xml

If it helps, use the same paths as I've mentioned, or those in the sample documentation.

Run it from command prompt.

Check it's working.

Even if it can't establish a RCON connection it won't automatically close like you're seeing. It will just show it trying to reconnect every 5 seconds or so.

I have DayZ server running on my linux box with "Wine". Tried to start there BEC also with "wine" without any success.

Will this software be available for linux (or at least "runnable" with wine) any time soon or I better stop hoping?

Edited by helldesign

Guys

I'll ask again, in case anyone missed it..

Is it possible to have red BEC text showing instead of white?

I have my BEC console running a bla k background with red text, but it still shows white text in game.

Thanks

Still closes 3 seconds after we start it up and the config is correct because we copied yours... ANY HELP?

I had the close down problem, I am sure I had to move my main bec folder to root to fix it! So it would be C:/Bec