Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin Tool

There is a reason to why bec should only be run on the server.

multiple bec's connected to the same server would only create chaos. conflicting settings, diffrent settings, strange behavioure etc.

if you just need a Rcon i suggest you use the orginale by $able or the gui one by soner.

I use Rcon GUI by soner, but it does not have the BEC features. And I need BEC to provide admins right to my team without having to give them the rcon password or other, there would be only one BEC connected to the server.

But for that, if I understand the mechanism, BEC need Rcon for remotely connect.

I'm sure some admins need this like me, and you will save us if you include it. :)

Edited by Mikweb

I use Rcon GUI by soner, but it does not have the BEC features. And I need BEC to provide admins right to my team without having to give them the rcon password or other, there would be only one BEC connected to the server.

But for that, if I understand the mechanism, BEC need Rcon for remotely connect.

I'm sure some admins need this like me, and you will save us if you include it. :)

RCON and BEC are two different things while both administration tools they focus on serving different purposes. They compliment each other and some RCON tools benefit from a combined enviroment. It sounds like you're on a managed server and don't have the ability to run BEC? You need to decide what's more important, limiting your staffs access, OR find another host. BEC doesn't connect to the server it runs on the sever, users can utilize it remotely through an RCON or in game. If you're looking for a powerful RCON tool I'd recommend DaRT (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68933-dart-a-lightweight-dayz-rcon-tool-v026-20082012). The developer has made some nice supplemental tools and the planned features are really exciting.

Maybe you should have a look at bigbrotherbot.net... they just had post a new B3 for arma...

the same tools for more than ten games...

It works on Unix or Windows...

There is administration tools on apache server... i think it's the most powerfull tool to administrate games servers...

Edited by Mariodu62

RCON and BEC are two different things while both administration tools they focus on serving different purposes. They compliment each other and some RCON tools benefit from a combined enviroment. It sounds like you're on a managed server and don't have the ability to run BEC? You need to decide what's more important, limiting your staffs access, OR find another host. BEC doesn't connect to the server it runs on the sever, users can utilize it remotely through an RCON or in game. If you're looking for a powerful RCON tool I'd recommend DaRT. The developer has made some nice supplemental tools and the planned features are really exciting.

Nice to see that my tool seems to be useful for others. :)

Nice work with BEC, works really well on my servers.

However, is there more information about the global ban list and the GameHack bans available?

It seems like the documentation about this is really spare or I just couldn't find it.

However, is there more information about the global ban list and the GameHack bans available?

It seems like the documentation about this is really spare or I just couldn't find it.

There is not much documentation on it. and never will be.

everything you need is here. http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/configure/#Reporter

The list is not for pubic use. only registered users will have the privilege of using this list.

What is the interval of time for flood control type2? We're getting flooded by high ping players attempting to connect 5-10 times in a row.

FloodControl2 = 5

FloodSampleTime = 5

FloodLockTime = 10

There is not much documentation on it. and never will be.

everything you need is here. http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/configure/#Reporter

The list is not for pubic use. only registered users will have the privilege of using this list.

Domi nice to see you! You and nuxil should combine forces on DaRTBans! :D

FloodControl2 = 5

FloodSampleTime = 5

FloodLockTime = 10

You need to play with this your self..

5 ,5, 10 means..

if 5 or more players connect within 5 seconds. the server will be locked for 10 seconds.

use Maxping to get rid of high pingers. or just ban them 10 min or so if they insist on playing with 500+ in ping.

I just signed up to these forums so I cant PM you until I post a few posts. Anyways is registration for the reporter function open? If so I would like to create an account and participate. I haven't had any serious issues on my new dedicated server yet, but I am sure its only a matter of time. Thanks in advanced!

You need to play with this your self..

5 ,5, 10 means..

if 5 or more players connect within 5 seconds. the server will be locked for 10 seconds.

use Maxping to get rid of high pingers. or just ban them 10 min or so if they insist on playing with 500+ in ping.

Thanks, I just didn't know the interval of time, you should add Time Value is set in seconds similar to what you did for the KickLobbyIdlers description. Thanks again!

Is there a way to get registered?

I will write you a PM with more informations.

I just signed up to these forums so I cant PM you until I post a few posts. Anyways is registration for the reporter function open? If so I would like to create an account and participate. I haven't had any serious issues on my new dedicated server yet, but I am sure its only a matter of time. Thanks in advanced!
[Reporter]

In the [Reporter] block we add in account data so that GameHacks gets automatically reported to a central ban database.

You will need an account for this to work.

If you don't have one or don't want to create one, just remove this block since its fully optional.

If its enabled it will also check Ban/status on a Guid.

Every player that connects is checked against the database when this is enabled.

If a guid check returns as a bad guid. "listed guid" the player will be auto kicked and the guid automatically added to your bans.txt file

If you see a file called "Reporting_Failures.log"

This is a a fallback file if the host is down or unavailable for some reason.

If the file contains guid(s) and Gamehack reason, Bec will try to upload this info every 10 min.

If the file is empty, it means that the hack report has been accepted, the file can then be deleted.

User = string

Add in your account name to the central ban database.

Password = string

Add in your password to the central ban database.

That's from ibattle.org, send an email to nuxil from the contact us tab to register.

Source: http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/configure/

I'm having some trouble connecting BEC to some of my servers. I run 6 DayZ servers on one machine. Three of those have the game files installed on the C: drive and the other three are on a network drive, Z. All 6 run on one IP, but different ports. They are all configured with the same rcon passwords and other files, with the exception of their instance IDs.

Running BEC from that machine, or any other on my LAN, I can connect fine to the 3 which run from the C drive, but not the 3 which run from the network drive, Z. It hangs at "waiting" and asks me to check the IP, ports, etc. I am able to connect to rcon on all 6 with Domi's DaRT tool just fine.

I thought BEC may not be able to find the rcon password in the battleye folder, but it makes no difference if I use the path to a server on the C, or Z drive. I have the same results. I can connect fine to the 3 on the C and not the Z drive using either folder paths.

ingame commands no longer work with latest beta?

I have been having similar issues, but when I looked into it further it seems that the commands aren't even being logged BEC's logs, nor picked up by another Rcon tool, DART. It was working fine up until a few days ago. I think the main difference is that Rcon used to log all side, direct, group, etc, chat, whereas now it only seems to log (and respond to commands from) side chat.

Is anyone else having similar issues? (I am also wondering if the issue would be a battleye update, not ARMA2)

I am running

Dayz, v1.7.2.6

ARMA2 OA Beta: build 96751

Edited by Iteration

Love the BEC!

It's very simple to setup and made things a lot easier to delegate responsibilities to other admins.

Running it on US 5.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Quick question about global bans.

I had a player join the server for the first time. They were able to connect and logged in, their GUID showed up, and then BEC immediately global banned them and assigned them a ban ID.

Is it possible that this was in error? Or is it most likely that this person was indeed cheating / hacking?

Quote: Ibattle.org

Bec also have the option to use a global ban list, but you will need an account for this to be enabled.

When this is enabled, Bec will report hack to a central ban database, it will also check players guid against it upon connection to the game.

It is working as intended :), this is the way the global banlist protects your server. The player was detected using a hack by Battleye and banned by BEC on another server running a [reporter] account.

When he then joined your server, BEC on your server checked his GUID against the global banlist and banned/kicked him from your server as BEC is supposed to do.

I'm having some troubles launching lates version of BEC. I get "Error :: did not dind BEServer file" . I placed Battleye files (BEserver.cfg, BEServer.dll, bans.txt, scripts.txt) in several directories and pointed them in cfg file with no luck.

Here is my cfg.

[bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2302
BePath = D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\a2server\BattlEye
LogDir = a2server
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml

Edit.

Is it possible to download previous versions? BEC used to work for me, but after reinstalling OS on the server it does not work any more. I'm trying to use it with 1.11 Arma 2, maybe that is the issue?

Edited by Zydu

It is working as intended :), this is the way the global banlist protects your server. The player was detected using a hack by Battleye and banned by BEC on another server running a [reporter] account.

When he then joined your server, BEC on your server checked his GUID against the global banlist and banned/kicked him from your server as BEC is supposed to do.

Thanks for the info!

I PM'ed nuxil to receive account info so that I can run the reporter as well.

Is it possible to download previous versions? BEC used to work for me, but after reinstalling OS on the server it does not work any more. I'm trying to use it with 1.11 Arma 2, maybe that is the issue?

Quote: ibattle.org

Requirement(s)

Arma2 or OA or CO Dedicated server running on Windows.

You might also need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.

Make sure U have all requirements. No it is not possible to download previous versions.

Edited by Sup@hKing

Found the issue... BE cfg file must be named exactly "BEServer.cfg" and not "beserver.cfg" or "BEserver.cfg"

Hi any help would be brilliant, my server is a Bliss Private have got Hosts to install BEC but does not seem to be working have read the install info but guess am missing something (am a noob)

What I want from BEC is to schedule re-starts with 10/5/2/1 min warning @ 4am, log chat channels, ban some nicknames, warn Global chat

This is what they have set up for me ...................BEC config files are in ROOT:\Bliss\Battleye\config

MY config

[bec]

Ip = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Port = 2382

BePath = C:\TCAFiles\Users\JasonBaldwin\17\Bliss\BattlEye should this not Root:\Bliss\batteye where BEServer.cfg is??

Admins = Admins.xml

Commands = Commands.xml

LogDir = Bliss (no log files are being generated)

[Misc]

AsciiChatOnly = True

IgnoreChatChars = �����

NickFilterFile = BadNames.txt

Color = 1f

Timeout = 60

KickLobbyIdlers = 300

Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

MaxPlayerNameLength = 16

DisallowPlayerNameChars = [](){}<>/\^�|�!"'#�%&@�$�

ChatChannelFiles = true

[ChatRestriction]

Global = 5

My Schedule file 4am restart file in in config dir

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Scheduler>

<!-- INTERNAL COMMANDS -->

<job id="0">

<time>03:50</time>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Server will Auto restart in 10 min</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<job id="1">

<time>03:55</time>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Server will Auto restart in 5 min</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<job id="2">

<time>03:58</time>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Server will Auto restart in 2 min</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<job id="3">

<time>03:59</time>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>say -1 Server will Auto restart in 1 min</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

<job id="4">

<time>04:00</time> <!-- run at 12'o Clock -->

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>

<loop>0</loop>

<cmd>#restart</cmd>

<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>

</job>

</Scheduler>

My BEC not found...

04:10:30 : Bec is running latest version!

04:10:32 : Waiting \

[bec]

Ip = 127.0.0.1

Port = 2302

BePath = C:\GameServers\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ_Blizzard_Config\1\BattlEye

LogDir = DayZ Blizzard

Admins = admins.xml

Commands = commands.xml

[Misc]

Color = 0f

Timeout = 60

KickLobbyIdlers = 500

Scheduler = scheduler.xml

what's happening I installed and uninstalled several times and no solution

ArmA 2 Rcon working perfectly...

Thanks for the info!

I PM'ed nuxil to receive account info so that I can run the reporter as well.

Yes i PM'ed nuxil as well and I still have not heard anything back. Is this part of the project dead ?