Sign in to follow this  
dustoff

Did this game die before it got started

Wow.

Last count five servers up and no one online .

Did this game just die ,

nope ^^

but seriously, if i want to play take on helicopters in multiplayer i will most certainly not just jump on some random public servers like in Arma but do some nice co-op scenarios with a buddy on a dedicated server.

I am convinced if you look for someone and ask to play with them, you will find plenty :)

I, for one, blame BF3 and Skyrim! :)

Seriously though, hang in there..

It's a slow burner - I am not even thinking about playing online until I can fly properly!

Not so much MP content currently available (or not widely spread). Included MP missions are broken on deddy too.

There's more to a game than MP :P

Wow.

Last count five servers up and no one online .

Did this game just die ,

Cost of a Dedicated Server has stoped me in my tracks. Without it you cant test or be sure your MP missions even work.

Cost of a Dedicated Server has stoped me in my tracks. Without it you cant test or be sure your MP missions even work.

You can just use the "takeonhserver.exe" to launch a dedicated server of your own..

That's where I would start to MP test my missions and/or scripts.

The problem is that most home internet conncetions are too sow or laggy to provide a good game play experance ..

The problem is that most home internet conncetions are too sow or laggy to provide a good game play experance ..

It depends, as long as you're not planning on playing with 20 people it would be OK I guess. I played a few Arma 2 co-op missions with ~10 people from a home connection without a problem.

It depends, as long as you're not planning on playing with 20 people it would be OK I guess. I played a few Arma 2 co-op missions with ~10 people from a home connection without a problem.

This.

i think the games gets better in MP with all the improvements being done for OA 1.60

when that is merged into upcoming TOH patches You get nice and smooth multiplayer experience

i think the games gets better in MP with all the improvements being done for OA 1.60

when that is merged into upcoming TOH patches You get nice and smooth multiplayer experience

this, same problem as in OA, desync makes it a pain to play with your mates.

Sounds great Dwarden :)

Im looking forward playing this game when the multiplaying part gets up for real. Played an hour or so yesterday with one other guy for the first time, trying to understand how everything works (or dont work). Had a really good time!

I wish there were more servers playing on expert, i am planning on making some missions for MP so hopefully we can have much better choice of what to play.

No one seems to play online, I have only once seen one other person on for just a few second :(

No one seems to play online, I have only once seen one other person on for just a few second :(

Same here, when it came out first of all there was a few which were good. Now everytime I look they are all empty, is this becasue we are from the U.K ?

Anthony

You probably have to organize in groups or community. ToH is niche game.

Unlikely to see a constant high MP population.

That said ToH certainly (still) lacks a continuous mission like Domination, Warfare,

Evolution, RPG style - i bet that would help MP numbers.

Now only to think of such concept for a civilian flight sim.

One might be to take the idea of the SP part, earn money from contracts, into MP:

Have competition and interaction between players in such "RPG" like world.