Sign in to follow this  
Soulreaper2453

Not sure if this is the right section, but..

Is there anyway to get the helicopters/terrains/vehicles from Take on Helicopters into Arma 2 without modding or anything? Like just moving the files from one game to the other? I really want Seattle in Arma 2 and having the helis and different vehicles would be awesome. Again if this is the wrong section, I apologize. (Also, I don't know if this would be considered a addon request since I'm not technically requesting anything, just asking if there is a way to move the files)

AFAIK it is not allowed to backport content from latest titles to older ones.

That's a very vauge statement, considering the context in which that was originally said. He is asking about moving files - ie the pbos or what have you. And I don't think he's asking to distribute either.

I would think it would be best to move ArmA 2 files to TKOH. I've tried to port my units to TKOH but it appears the faction structuring is different, or I've encountered some other error, so it doesn't appear in the unit list. I still have to explore what went wrong but it's not my current interest. All I can tell you is it doesn't work without editing the config.

That said a config fix for the files may be needed if you were to port to TKOH. The other way around, I don't know. I would imagine some things would not function.

That's a very vauge statement' date=' considering the context in which that was originally said. He is asking about moving files - ie the pbos or what have you. And I don't think he's asking to distribute either.

I would think it would be best to move ArmA 2 files to TKOH. I've tried to port my units to TKOH but it appears the faction structuring is different, or I've encountered some other error, so it doesn't appear in the unit list. I still have to explore what went wrong but it's not my current interest. All I can tell you is it doesn't work without editing the config.

That said a config fix for the files may be needed if you were to port to TKOH. The other way around, I don't know. I would imagine some things would not function.[/quote']

Yeah, I wasn't talking about distributing them. And that sucks, I wanted to have a Seattle under siege. Oh well, maybe someone will make a fix like they did with the CAA1 mod.

Edited by Soulreaper2453

Haha that's bada** man. I really wish I could fly the heli's in Take on Helicopters I can't stay in the air for 5 minutes lol. Speaking of which I think I'm gonna look for a mod that changes the flight dynamics. (Doubtful that there is or ever will be one)

That sound incredible interessting, in fact of that what I saw on the screenshots I could image to buy that game just for modding with ARMA2 together^^

PS: Is that a real screen or photoshopped?

Haha that's bada** man. I really wish I could fly the heli's in Take on Helicopters I can't stay in the air for 5 minutes lol. Speaking of which I think I'm gonna look for a mod that changes the flight dynamics. (Doubtful that there is or ever will be one)

Try here and here for flight model changes. There are also some here.

The second one by b101_uk is probably the easiest one to fly.