Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

The Green Sea Expansion Project (GSEP)

Sounds interesting. I draw up similar plans for the area a while ago but I'm covered by other projects and couldn't find the motivation or time to go beyond planning, so go ahead!

I suggest something similar to the Mongolian mountains, or Chinese-Kazakhstan mountain range. I wonder though if 3 airports is a bit overkill though, depends on how large they are.

The only reason I am doing 3 is so that all 3 sides can have a base. They aren't going to be huge. The Russian one will probably be the biggest. Takistan one might be the same size as the one in southern Takistan or Zargabad. Chernarus one will probably be slightly bigger than that.

Yeah that is the plan I have for one of them. Lake Beloe. Each country has its own airport on a 20 x 20km terrain. The Svetlaya is in the bottom left of the map. There are mountains between where Takistan and Russia border and mountains just south of where Russia and Chernarus border to the east of the lake. There is a point between the lake and the western mountains that will be hilly or flat. The eastern edge of the map will have forests, the center will be grasslands and the east will be mostly grasslands and maybe a transition into desert towards the end. I was picturing eastern Takistan/western Chernarus being Steppe like terrain. I haven't started on this yet. I just drew up a basic plans for roads and airports so far.

That sounds EPIC! although i dont think it would be overkill. i would think the Airport in Northern Takistan size wise would be fine for all 3. Cuz IMO the one in the south, theres really not a place to put that many parked aircraft, and it looks kinda weird. the one in northern Takistan can fit like almost 20 fixed wing (size of aircraft depending...i did it with like 4 Su-24s, 6 L-39s, 8 or 10 Mig-21s, and the 3 hangars had 1 Tu-22 each...i didnt even put helipads in) and thats just on the concrete pads, not including if you wanna park aircraft in the dirt...and of course you can put helipads anywhere.

Or maybe even the main Chernarus airfield? I had made a template with like 16 fixed wing parked, 20 helipads, 2 working FARPS, and 2 sizeable motorpools. i actually REALLY enjoy making airfield templates (if you cant tell lol)

BUT this is all up to you. im not telling you how to make your maps. whatever you put out will be awesome anyway :-)

At 20 x 20km there is plently of space for 3 arifields, at least in Arma terms. Considering the neighbours it also makes sense politically. An awesome concept overall.

At 20 x 20km there is plently of space for 3 arifields, at least in Arma terms. Considering the neighbours it also makes sense politically. An awesome concept overall.
Not really. Airports are seldom crammed near borders especially three of them. However, from a gameplay point of view it might be the right choice.

i think a nice terrain style not seen before would be isreal/lebanon border area for the cherna/taki border

A border region map would be AWESOME, It'd be a great way to show how the ARMAverse is all connected :cool:

Nice Islands Jakerod.

Are there any plans for Novigrad or Takmyr?

Would be fine to see them in ArmA II.

Nice Islands Jakerod.

Are there any plans for Novigrad or Takmyr?

Would be fine to see them in ArmA II.

Thank you. I did have plans for a low quality as in tank and aircraft only version of Novigrad but I don't think I'm going to do it anymore. I don't have the time for it. I wasn't going to do Takmyr but there was another town I was going to do. It's more south than that along the coast. It's mentioned as being attacked by the Royal Marines in the intro to the Operation Arrowhead Campaign. Bandar-e Ghazmi is what it was called (just looked it up). Once again though I don't think I have time for it. Miroslavl' will most likely be the last or at least one of the last GSEP terrains.

That's bad news. I had hoped you would carry GSEP over to ArmA3. I love the Chernarus/Takistan setting and I especially liked your expansions of it. :(

Thank you. I did have plans for a low quality as in tank and aircraft only version of Novigrad but I don't think I'm going to do it anymore. I don't have the time for it. I wasn't going to do Takmyr but there was another town I was going to do. It's more south than that along the coast. It's mentioned as being attacked by the Royal Marines in the intro to the Operation Arrowhead Campaign. Bandar-e Ghazmi is what it was called (just looked it up). Once again though I don't think I have time for it. Miroslavl' will most likely be the last or at least one of the last GSEP terrains.

Thats sad to hear, i understand about the lack of time from an addon making perspective, i hope in the future you have more time. And we may see some more excellent islands from yourself :)