Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

The Green Sea Expansion Project (GSEP)

People, you still work over this project???

and you wasted your first post like that ?

Welcome to the forums, but PLEASE read the rules.

This is a bit delayed but yeah I am still working on it. It's been going kind of slow though since I haven't had as much time.

I've updated the first post with the new Zernovo release. Additionally, see below:

New Pictures of Miroslavl'

Air/Naval Base

scaled.php?server=213&filename=miros01.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=7&filename=miros07.jpg&res=crop

scaled.php?server=846&filename=miros20.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=829&filename=miros25.jpg&res=crop

City

scaled.php?server=41&filename=miros08.jpg&res=cropscaled.php?server=85&filename=miros12.jpg&res=crop

Edited by Jakerod

Those are great shots, I'm really looking forward to this one! By the way, the first picture gets a 404 error when you click on it for some reason, not sure if it's just me the rest are fine.

Those are great shots, I'm really looking forward to this one! By the way, the first picture gets a 404 error when you click on it for some reason, not sure if it's just me the rest are fine.

Thanks. When I finish the city part I may release it as a beta while I work on the farmland and forests around it. I fixed the picture too.

This is looking good. One small remark concerns the camp shown on the preview shot that is reminiscent of the ominous northern Sahrani camp. With regard to the prison stockade (those guard towers are facing inwards, after all) the wire fence should probably be reversed. The barbed wire top should overhang the side where people are most likely to attempt to climb the obstacle.

Regards,

Sander

now that your'e not restricted by rules, will you be expanding the scale of the map?

oh and nice map :p

This is looking good. One small remark concerns the camp shown on the preview shot that is reminiscent of the ominous northern Sahrani camp. With regard to the prison stockade (those guard towers are facing inwards, after all) the wire fence should probably be reversed. The barbed wire top should overhang the side where people are most likely to attempt to climb the obstacle.

Regards,

Sander

Haha I was hoping no one would notice that. I noticed it a bit before I took the picture. I just fixed it. Do you think having the prison camp type thing in there is a good idea? The Sahrani camp was the inspiration for it but I am kind of torn with having it in there. Especially since it's right next to the barracks and hospital. But I don't feel like there is any other place within the base to put it. I could always move it some place else though too.

now that your'e not restricted by rules, will you be expanding the scale of the map?

oh and nice map :p

Yeah I actually started this one before the Zernovo but started on Zernovo because I was sick of doing urban stuff and wanted to try a smaller map with a lower terrain cell size. This one is about 10km x 10km.

Edited by Jakerod

Thanks. When I finish the city part I may release it as a beta while I work on the farmland and forests around it. I fixed the picture too.

A good idea, it has my full support! ;) It would allow for useful feedback before release and give mission makers a chance to get planning.

With regards to the Prison Camp I personally think it would be better elsewhere, perhaps in a more rural setting. I think would probably allow for more options when mission making.

A good idea, it has my full support! ;) It would allow for useful feedback before release and give mission makers a chance to get planning.

With regards to the Prison Camp I personally think it would be better elsewhere, perhaps in a more rural setting. I think would probably allow for more options when mission making.

Alright I moved it to a temporary location and I'm going to turn the old position into a motor pool type area.

Which sea is the Green Sea? The Caspian? Or is it a fictional sea?

It is fictional. I kind of assume it is where the Caspian Sea is but with some kind of waterway connecting it to the Black Sea because they had to get the LHD in there somehow.

It's a difficult one to reason because it would have to border Russia, with the Black Mountains presumably being a part of the Caucasus Mountain range, but be located in such a way that the terrain graduates across the border into Takistan which would ultimately become arid. Takistan's southern border would be roughly in the area of Iran I would imagine. To place it on the world map I suppose you would have to use a fair amount of artistic licence with the real world position of Georgia and Azerbaijan.

It's a difficult one to reason because it would have to border Russia, with the Black Mountains presumably being a part of the Caucasus Mountain range, but be located in such a way that the terrain graduates across the border into Takistan which would ultimately become arid. Takistan's southern border would be roughly in the area of Iran I would imagine. To place it on the world map I suppose you would have to use a fair amount of artistic licence with the real world position of Georgia and Azerbaijan.

I was about to figure out how it could fit in the world but I don't see any good way to do it and I figured I would just piss someone off by wiping their hometown off the map. So I'm just going to pretend that it's out there somewhere.

I was about to figure out how it could fit in the world but I don't see any good way to do it and I figured I would just piss someone off by wiping their hometown off the map. So I'm just going to pretend that it's out there somewhere.

Thats probably the best solution :) Im quite interested if you do a border region map, that would be quite interesting :)

I have two different ideas for border regions. One of them will probably be the one after Miroslavl'. Although I still have quite a bit of Miroslavl' left... looks up 2 inches to see "Script in Progress SmoothRoads.vis"... still going.

Top class work Jake!

As I said once allready: your maps are a must! however I must say: absolutely +1 to the border region idea!

A Chernarus/Takistan border area using the Proving Grounds terrain & objects would be cool. Maybe where that 'Svetlaya' river runs along it.

Didn't you say somewhere that you were thinking of doing the point near Lake Beloe where the borders of Chernarus, Russia and Takistan meet, Jakerod? Do you have a vision built up for what that map might feature if you did it?

Didn't you say somewhere that you were thinking of doing the point near Lake Beloe where the borders of Chernarus, Russia and Takistan meet, Jakerod? Do you have a vision built up for what that map might feature if you did it?

Yeah that is the plan I have for one of them. Lake Beloe. Each country has its own airport on a 20 x 20km terrain. The Svetlaya is in the bottom left of the map. There are mountains between where Takistan and Russia border and mountains just south of where Russia and Chernarus border to the east of the lake. There is a point between the lake and the western mountains that will be hilly or flat. The eastern edge of the map will have forests, the center will be grasslands and the east will be mostly grasslands and maybe a transition into desert towards the end. I was picturing eastern Takistan/western Chernarus being Steppe like terrain. I haven't started on this yet. I just drew up a basic plans for roads and airports so far.

Sounds interesting. I draw up similar plans for the area a while ago but I'm covered by other projects and couldn't find the motivation or time to go beyond planning, so go ahead!

I suggest something similar to the Mongolian mountains, or Chinese-Kazakhstan mountain range. I wonder though if 3 airports is a bit overkill though, depends on how large they are.