Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

The Green Sea Expansion Project (GSEP)

Dedicated to the further exploration of the Green Sea Region via new terrains with the possibility of new units, vehicles, weapons, and objects.

Releases:

New Release Thread featuring four terrains with keys.

Moschnyi Island v1.1 (Release Thread)

Zernovo v1.0 (Release Thread)

Miroslavl' Beta (Release Thread)

Future Plans:

Mod is temporarily on hold (perhaps permanently).

Miroslavl' (West of Chernogorsk)

Several Projects To Be Announced as others are released.

greensearegionstage2pla.jpg

Edited by Jakerod
  • Like 1

I allways wanted to se Novigrad and the area around it, but may visitor skills have never been god enugh to make them justice. And now you come walzing along making stuff wite just as much love i belive they should get. So now the question is hove much will it take to bribe you into making Novigrad and the Delta fore me;)

Cheers

Grip

I allways wanted to se Novigrad and the area around it, but may visitor skills have never been god enugh to make them justice. And now you come walzing along making stuff wite just as much love i belive they should get. So now the question is hove much will it take to bribe you into making Novigrad and the Delta fore me;)

Cheers

Grip

Novigrad is one of the areas under consideration. If it does get done though it won't be for a while.

This is great, Moschnyi Island is very nice, can't wait for Novigrad :D

I'm hoping Novigrad will be like a glorified Chernogorsk, but have like a residential district and industrial district as well as the mix of both that represents a real society of having a low, middle, and high class system. If that can be pulled off it'd be a miracle. I can just imagine it now: A densely urban center of Novigrad with parks and various districts and slums. An incredible project that would definitely be something the City Life guys, due to their name, would probably love to have. I wish I could help you do this, but I don't know how to use any of the BIS tools other than TexView2. My mission making skills are mostly modifying what others have made, since they know how to make scripts and I don't.

One very cool expansion on the Green Sea region would e the Chernarus/Takistan Border. This could really allow some sweet border dispute scenarios.

Lamar

I agree with a border region. Could make for some beautiful scenery too, transitioning slowly from woodland/plains to deserts/savannahs.

I'm hoping Novigrad will be like a glorified Chernogorsk, but have like a residential district and industrial district as well as the mix of both that represents a real society of having a low, middle, and high class system. If that can be pulled off it'd be a miracle. I can just imagine it now: A densely urban center of Novigrad with parks and various districts and slums. An incredible project that would definitely be something the City Life guys, due to their name, would probably love to have. I wish I could help you do this, but I don't know how to use any of the BIS tools other than TexView2. My mission making skills are mostly modifying what others have made, since they know how to make scripts and I don't.

I will try to make it as realistic as I can.

This is great, Moschnyi Island is very nice, can't wait for Novigrad :D

Glad to hear you like it!

One very cool expansion on the Green Sea region would e the Chernarus/Takistan Border. This could really allow some sweet border dispute scenarios.

Lamar

I intend on doing at least one place on the border. I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I want to do it around Lake Beloe where Russia, Takistan, and Chernarus join. I also may do something south on the Chernarus-Takistan Border if I can think of something interesting.

I agree with a border region. Could make for some beautiful scenery too, transitioning slowly from woodland/plains to deserts/savannahs.

That was pretty much the way I was planning it.

For the purpose of any campaign/mission/addon that we make this is a list of the main equipment of the CDF (for the time being) before the start of the Chernarussian Civil War mentioned in the Faction videos before ArmA II was released.

The CDF is divided into three main bodies; Regular, Reserve, and Militia. Some units are intermixed Regular and Reserve units. There is no dedicated Air Force or Navy but they do have aircraft and naval units as part of the CDF.

Equipment List*:

Weapons

AK-74

AK-47 (Militia & Select Reserve Units)

RPK-74

PKM

SVD Dragunov

Makarov

RPG-7

RPG-18

RPG-22

AT-7

AT-4

SA-13 (Strela-3)

SA-18 (Igla)

DshK

Cars

Ural

UAZ

PVS (Reserves & Militia)

Armor

BMP-1 (Reserves)

BMP-2

BMD-1

BTR-60 (Reserves)

BRDM-2

BTR-40 (Militia)

T-55 (Reserves + some in Regular Units)

T-72

Shilka

SA-11

SA-9

Air

Mi-24

Mi-17

Mi-2

An-2

An-12

Su-24

Su-25

MiG-21

MiG-23

MiG-27

Ship

Burevestnik-Class Frigate (2x)

Kashin-Class Destroyer (1x)

Ivan Rogov-Class Landing Ship (1x)

Transport Ship (1x)

Stenka-Class Patrol Boat

Small Patrol Boat

CRRC

Other

ZU-23

SA-2

D-30

82mm-Podnos

BM-21

*I'm not promising that we're making all or any of these. The team presently has no modelers or texturers so it would be difficult. However, a lot of these have already been released by others in either other paint schemes or CDF and eventually I will look into getting permission to edit them or use them. I may also try my hand at retexturing things too.

Edited by Jakerod

@Jakerod

First of this is just my opinion:yay:

Kind of strange to not have a navy but still have some large warships like Frigates and destroyers, and i must say the pressens of a Ivan Rogova Class amfibious landing ship indicate the presents of marin infantery.

My view is that the best way to treat the CDF is to think about the CDF as overvew name just like FDF. The present of a Army/Land Force, Air Force/Air Defence Force, Navy(Wite or wite out a "marinecorps") is called CDF, just as we at my end of the wire speaks about the Forsvarsmakten(DefenceForces) when talking generly about all the branches.

One way if you are abel to get a modeler and texturer is to do it abit like RACS a big box of candy and then every one can make there own favorit mix.

BTW if any one makes or alredy made a Ivan Rogova could you please let me have it fore SFP to please :)

Cheers

Grip

@Jakerod

First of this is just my opinion:yay:

Kind of strange to not have a navy but still have some large warships like Frigates and destroyers, and i must say the pressens of a Ivan Rogova Class amfibious landing ship indicate the presents of marin infantery.

My view is that the best way to treat the CDF is to think about the CDF as overvew name just like FDF. The present of a Army/Land Force, Air Force/Air Defence Force, Navy(Wite or wite out a "marinecorps") is called CDF, just as we at my end of the wire speaks about the Forsvarsmakten(DefenceForces) when talking generly about all the branches.

One way if you are abel to get a modeler and texturer is to do it abit like RACS a big box of candy and then every one can make there own favorit mix.

BTW if any one makes or alredy made a Ivan Rogova could you please let me have it fore SFP to please :)

Cheers

Grip

They technically have a navy I guess but it is more like the US Army Air Force during ww2. Essentially everything is under one command. I don't believe the Ivan has ever been made for arma. The CDF only have one because it got left behind at the end of the cold war. They use it more as a transport type ship. In its present state, pre-harvest red the CDF had no naval infantry. If you read the arma2.com CDF description it says they have no special forces which I am taking as airborne and naval infantry as well. However, that does not mean that there won't be any naval infantry if we go after the events of harvest red as well.

Nice to see plans for the CDF, if i wasnt bogged down with getting my Nogovan Units finished, id offer some support.

But if any questions, feel happy to send me a pm :)

*Internet ninja mod on*

Mi17=Mi8 export=)

*Internet ninja mod off*

Very cool idea - the first island is quite good and not too cluttered with objects=good performance.

Like it very much!

Nice to see plans for the CDF, if i wasnt bogged down with getting my Nogovan Units finished, id offer some support.

But if any questions, feel happy to send me a pm :)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

*Internet ninja mod on*

Mi17=Mi8 export=)

*Internet ninja mod off*

Very cool idea - the first island is quite good and not too cluttered with objects=good performance.

Like it very much!

You know what? I knew that too. I don't know why I wrote that. Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Np - just do what you think is right/cool and it will be ausum X)

Recently Wld427 and I have been talking about some ne Takistan and CDF forces. We started project RACS together and while I can't speak for him I know I would like to help. I am sure he will too though he is still pumping out RACS units of super high quality. I just made police units for CDF. I have also started making ethnic Chernarusian units for the border region. You know kind of a ethnic spill over into takistan. As a persecuted minority in Takistan they are supported and armed by Chernarus in an attempt to destablilize the regime.They will be a CDF sponsored proxy in takistan but I am also working on the ethnic takistanis in Chrenarus as well. have a great scenarionwhere takistan is harboring insurgents for chernarus too. Let you know how there coming along and let me know what i can do to help.

Lamar

Miroslavl' Progress so far:

arma2oa2012011611131435.th.jpg

Military base is south of the factories in the east. There is a runway just below where the picture cuts off. There is a naval yard in the southern section of the eastern port.

From a test in early December looking from that peninsula in the center towards the port/naval yard to the south-east.

arma2oa2011121021423709.th.jpg

The map is subject to change and has already been changed since the pictures were taken.

This is looking great, man. Keep up the good work!

Abs

Looking great. Will the vegetation be similar to Moschnyi or can we expect see some larger forests?

Looking great. Will the vegetation be similar to Moschnyi or can we expect see some larger forests?

There will be bigger forests. Several of them actually. Most of them will be around the outskirts of the map though but there will be some closer to the center. I'm just trying to keep them further away from the city so that the game won't have to render a big city with big forests all around it.

I have always wanted to see more of Takistan, as well as the surrounding area. really neat idea, the island was awsome!