Sign in to follow this  
b00ce

Multicam Pilots

This started as a private addon for TFB, name tags, ranks and what not. Its been a big hit here at TFB, so I decided that I should probably spread the love.

I know I'm not the only one who hates tan pajamas. wink.png

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/ArmA%20II/addons/ArmA2OA2011-11-1905-34-55-12.png

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/ArmA%20II/addons/ArmA2OA2011-11-1905-35-25-44.png

I don't have any plans on doing any other units, so don't get your hopes up. :)

Features:

US Army Pilot and Pilot Light models/textures.

Compatible with ACE.

Bugs:

None so far.

Class names:

"Multicam_Pilot" and "Multicam_Pilot_Light"

US -> Men -> Pilot (MC) and Pilot (Light MC)

Credits:

BIS for the model and base textures.

Do not modify this addon without my express permission.

Download:

https://rapidshare.com/files/687845611/_Multicam_pilots.zip

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15632

Mirrors welcome.

Edited by b00ce

Herp derp, pilots don't need multicam.

Also, when you give this stuff to me, just give me the textures; I don't need the models and what-not.

Also, when you give this stuff to me, just give me the textures; I don't need the models and what-not.

Err, yeah you do. The addon wont work unless you hex-edit the new texture paths into a model. That is, unless the BIS Pilot models use setobjecttexture, which I don't think they do.

He's in my unit and does all the custom skin configs. ;)

I need to send him the versions with the name & rank patches.

By the way, I already have all of the file names formatted, so all you need to do is paste them in.

Err, yeah you do. The addon wont work unless you hex-edit the new texture paths into a model. That is, unless the BIS Pilot models use setobjecttexture, which I don't think they do.

Err, no I don't. I'll just replace the textures I already made with his, but thanks for jumping into someone else's conversation when you have no idea what is being talked about.

By the way, I already have all of the file names formatted, so all you need to do is paste them in.

You depbo'd the addon and named them the same? That's good news. Do you have access to our Dropbox? You can just throw them in there and I'll take possession.

I did a looong assed time ago, before we got the custom helmets. But the format should be the same.

And no, I don't have dropbox.

Go easy on him Clav, he didn't know. :)

Thx for your works ;)

Edited by Kis4m3

Looks good dude... Does it come with a replacer?

It would if I could figure out how. :p

Thanks for the ArmAholic mirror. :D

Edit:

Foxhound... These are OA pilots. lol

Edited by b00ce

Shame you don't want to make anymore addons. These pilots are pretty sexy. Would be cool to see a different color vest or top to give it some contrast.

One of the best multicam textures I've seen. Good work, hope you change your mind and try to make some more stuff.

Yeah, a different colored vest and an HGU face shield would look better on these guys.

There's an HGU face shield model with textures made some modders on the BIS forums, you could ask them for permission to use them on this pilot. ;)

Shame you don't want to make anymore addons. These pilots are pretty sexy. Would be cool to see a different color vest or top to give it some contrast.

One of the best multicam textures I've seen. Good work, hope you change your mind and try to make some more stuff.

I have stuff in the works, don't worry. (Check the "WIP stuff you're working on" thread.) ;)

Yeah, a different colored vest and an HGU face shield would look better on these guys.

There's an HGU face shield model with textures made some modders on the BIS forums, you could ask them for permission to use them on this pilot. ; )

I tried to give it some contrast with the green straps, its a lot more noticeable in my older versions.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/ArmA%20II/ArmA2OA2011-11-1722-44-12-08.png

As for the HGU-56 face shield, its not an HGU-56 helmet. I wouldn't mind having visors, though. Not only that, but I don't have the pilot MLOD. :rolleyes:

I know PuFu is making an HGU-56p helmet and shield, though.

Any one know how to get the signature programs to work? I start up the .exe and it flashes open, then closes. :butbut:

Err, no I don't. I'll just replace the textures I already made with his, but thanks for jumping into someone else's conversation when you have no idea what is being talked about.

Maybe a public forum isn't the place for a private conversation in the first place, get a room you two. :D

Textures look spiffin' - Goes well with the OCP retex dudes.

We were talking through Facebook, the TFB forums, TFB forum's PM system and here. LOL

Thanks though. :D

only small criticism i have is that the boots should be tan. otherwise these things look great. agree with above poster that a replacer would be awesome as well

If I knew how to make a replacement config, I would. Nothing I've read made any sense.

If I had any inkling of an idea about making add on or replaces I'd help...maybe talk to Humvee28 since he did the replacers for Sabres OCP guys, and I'd rather have your pilots then the tank crewman placeholders.

sweet! thanks. just one question though. im using the OCP replacers that you made for sabre in conjunction with this replacer...i made the pilot one a higher priority, to see if it might overright the pilots from the OCP replacer, but it still shows the pilots as tank crewman. any way to run these 2 replacers at the same time so that i can still have the OCP replacer replace everyone else and the pilots be replaced by this?

Sure, you can do that. Like in this Example

-mod=@SBE;@SBE_rep;@Pilot;@Pilot_rep;

I tried that but the pilots still show as crewman with both replaces running. There are options for pilot and Pilot MC but when spawn an aircraft the crew inside is still tank crewman