Sign in to follow this  
Cripsis

Unofficial developer physics demonstration

I'm inclined to agree with Sakura _Chan, Thought I was about to see a vehicle take of like a bumble bee with all those flaping doors.

Maybe the humvee doors were intentionally left open for demonstration purposes, probably to view effects like g-force, angular momentum, wind resistance etc.

I think the physX looked to be a big improvement on the Gamescom presentation video that we seen some months ago. I doubt BIS intend on making deformations as elaborate as those found in a driving simulator, but that's to be expected, they already have a large amount of work to deal with. Overall I'm happy with what we have seen so far, I'm sure the finished product will look even better.

Can any dev confirm/deny if this will be in ArmA3 and not just solid cars pushing boxes?

Can any dev confirm/deny if this will be in ArmA3 and not just solid cars pushing boxes?

Yeah it would be nice to have confirmation, I'd like to be sure.

I will cry like a big baby if we don't get physX like in the VBS2 video. :cry2:

This is great, i'm really greatfull to the poster for the heads up. Being a physics whore i'm loving the possibility that A3 could be like this or better. =)

Don't get your hopes too high!

Since the ArmA series covers such a broad range of things they usually cant go into lots of detail with systems like this. Though it would be awesome to have, I wouldn't start sending letters home just yet.

Grand Theft Auto 3 had better car physics.... so I really fail to see the hype here. Sure its a great improvement from ArmA2, but ArmA2's car physics were strait out of the 1990's. In fact I would go as far as to say the one major drawback this series has always had was the horribly bad physics. Its great to see that might change in ArmA3, but its a couple games over due.

The reason you are failing to see the hype is because your judging the physics against all different games.

The reason there is such hype is that there may or may not be much more improved car physics and damage modelling in the ArmA series.

It's kind of like getting a waterslide in your back yard then saying that the water slides at "Generic Themepark" are better so therefore, getting a waterslide in your backyard isn't hype worthy. :rolleyes:

Grand Theft Auto 3 had better car physics.... so I really fail to see the hype here.

Maybe because it was a car game ?

Grand Theft Auto 3 had better car physics.... so I really fail to see the hype here.

Perhaps the VBS2 physics are crude compared to a game like GTA3 but they could have a fairly profound effect on ARMA3's gameplay, that's why people are excited.

I'm looking forward to testing satchel charges on vehicles.

Does anyone remember Skodagolf. Looks like this really will deserve a revival once ArmA3 has been released.

:cool:

I remember hours of fun on OFP's Desert Island playing Woodland vs Desert football using DKM FV432s! :D Five-a-side with a circling helicopter for spectators.

DKM Football, now there was a game. I think the ball was a UN scheme 432. You could even take corners.

Awesome, now all they need to add is damage modeling similar to the way cars deform in crashes in GTA IV.

Im a little disappointed that no civilians got ran over, I was hoping for some roadkill ragdoll action.

i'd like to see that in arma3, however, not cause it's great but rather cause it's much better than arma2. the comparison with other games is needless, that thing is far from ideal but even so it's far better than a2 and that's what matters the most.

although if bis guys really plan to implement something like that, it wouldn't hurt if they take it for serious and make it less "Hollywood look alike"...doors don't just fall off so easily, hub neither. vehicles don't perform that crazy Hollywood "reverse somersault/half-somersault" thing upon impact or crash. it's a factious nonsense, the vehicles don't go up into the air when they collide on a level surface.....not to mention a heavy military vehicle.

Speed and hills..otherwise no air time for them, agreed for sure..I just hope it was made more dramatic for the demonstration otherwise they won't feel very weighty at all :(

I wonder what will happen if you drive a bike in Arma3 and crash into a car...

Im a little disappointed that no civilians got ran over, I was hoping for some roadkill ragdoll action.

I agree it would be cool if human models turn ragdoll when collisions occur, it would make things look far more realistic. It's not vitally important but I think it would add a nice touch to the whole experience.