Sign in to follow this  
Cripsis

Unofficial developer physics demonstration

With those cranes, ropes and stuff will A3 be the ultimate logistic simulator?

"Ramirez (or Yuri for the most modern ones)! Get to that crane and load those containers on that ship!"

With those cranes, ropes and stuff will A3 be the ultimate logistic simulator?

Take on Logistics 3: The Movie: The Game: Ultimate Combined Logistics Simulation :bounce3:

The video with all those flapping doors is very reminiscent of GTA somehow, and the destruction is awesome. Hopefully Arma3 will have something similar. :)

Looks good but I would like to see less traction on the ground. More skidding and wheel spins on full power.

Dunno if this were already posted, but this is kinda interesting:

Tow:

I like how it is straining under the combined weight.

Yeah, but BiS have never given vehicles enough power so we'll see how it turns out

Guess I'm the only one who thought it looked like video gamey cheesy bullshit. still better than what we had before...I guess...

Heres what real physics looks like

5OOgKXXPNaY

^^^^:rolleyes:

Obviously there are programs that can recreate a crash perfectly -thats probably all the program was built to do. In the context of OFP games and the physics we've had to endure -baby steps man, baby steps.

Gaming in the future will be so awesome! :yay:

:D

Looking at what the gaming industry has become over the last decade..... I'm not so sure about that

The year is 20xx. Video gaming has changed... What was once primarily an entertainment industry is now filled with skepticism, pessimism and fear. Filthy bussinessmen control the market with their substandard cash-only franchises.

I don't even know what to think anymore.

I am afraid this might actually become true... Still I hope that some titles will bring back real quality one day.

Luckily we still have BIS :D

Guess I'm the only one who thought it looked like video gamey cheesy bullshit. still better than what we had before...I guess...

Heres what real physics looks like

5OOgKXXPNaY

Metal and steel doesn't crumble up like that, I'd have to ask the devs what they are thinking if they had military vehicles being smashed like that.

Edited by NodUnit

That was pretty cool. But how does a humvee get that much air or flip over on a flat field?

Metal and steel doesn't crumble up like that, I'd have to ask the devs what they are thinking if they had military vehicles being smashed like that.

I'm inclined to agree with Sakura _Chan, Thought I was about to see a vehicle take of like a bumble bee with all those flaping doors.

And I think for what that linked video shows, the pysics is pretty good. Remember those vehicles shown were just the standard sheet steel/ panel afairs.

Of course military vehicles would behave differently but I think you might be able use a similar idea though greatly simplified. I believe Rigs of road uses an underlying deformation mesh that can be assigned strenghth and ridgidity depending on area and component(correct me if I'm wrong). Though Rigs of the road is MP playable I don't think we'll see anything to that extent in the ArmA series, anytime soon. Though laying some sort of expandable foundation would be nice. The vehicle damage system needs a big overhaul in general anyway.

Gaming in the future will be so awesome! :yay:

:D

Not at the present pace it wont.

DLC DLC DLC

CONSOLE PORTS

Shitty Motion controls and other gimmicks.

The doors et al come off a bit too easily for my liking. The components probably need a bit of tweaking too re: their interaction with the ground and probably other objects.

I don't think the doors were locked. That's the only explanation I can come up with for them all flying open as soon as they hit a bump. lol

I don't think the doors were locked. That's the only explanation I can come up with for them all flying open as soon as they hit a bump. lol

Oh yeah, but I mean the actual parting of door from vehicle (i.e. hinges breaking).