Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Six

Rainbow Six - Patriots

I notice how after watching each trailer. The old rainbow six trailers are like Rainbow Six saves the day taking down all the terrorist without being fired at and are top secret organization taking down terrorist. Then on lockdown is like everything blowing up and shooting around, then Vegas 2 was like 3 guys running through a theater getting shot at then somehow kill the terrorists when they could've been dead and finally Rainbow Six patriots is like, rainbow six: Screw up where the rainbow team throw a civilian overboard. From what I remember wasn't rainbow main objective is save civilians? (From what I remember from the book if I remember right, haven't finish the book but only read a few parts in the beginning)

I think you'll find it's "Rainbow 6: Shoot the NYPD cops, then throw the civilian hostage off the bridge to save the day".

It's a real sad day when Rainbow Six functionally turns into Gears of War: Modern Terrorism edition.

I played Rainbow Six 3 back on the original Xbox. Now I know, the Xbox version wasn't comparable to the PC version at all, but even that had a really high level of tactical fidelity (for consoles, anyway) and that really introduced me to shooters, and gaming as a whole. It's sad to see it go like this.

EDIT: Oh yeah, all the civilian slaughter done by Rainbow is bullsh*t. Ubisoft has totally bastardised this franchise.

Hey, I think I might like it. I like the run and gun action as much as I like the slow tactics of ArmA. Been playing CoD since the second iteration, and those games caught me interested in the Second World War. And you can't go wrong with a bit of WW3 story. It's pretty much for me.

Hope I don't sound like a fanboy. :/

EDIT: Posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry.

Edited by lb8068

Many new details:

http://gamingeverything.com/11635/rainbow-6-tons-of-details/

- Marketing team changed the name to Rainbox 6 instead of Rainbox six after the new logo was made

- Story is important to the team

- People couldn’t remember characters, why they were there, etc. in Rainbox Six Vegas 2

- Wanted a story that was plausible, relevant, touches on current fears of U.S. citizens

- Settings won’t be boring/conventional just because it’s set in the U.S.

- 80% of the game set in iconic areas such as Pebble Beach, California, NYC

- 20% takes place beyond national borders (Bering Strait and Poti, Georgia, coastal city on the Black Sea)

- Enemies inspired by para-military groups, politcal radicals, former military men/women who have returned home and feel forgotten/disenfranchised

- New collective of militias: True Patriots

- Led by figurehead named Tredway

- Tredway wants to overthrow the govenment

- He understands that a movement begun today won’t necessarily result in a conclusive/lasting change tomorrow

- Tredway willing to martyr himself for the cause

- Main targets are the government/financial institutions

- He believes they are colluding at the detriment of the common man

- Aspires to behead corporate America

- Tredway has a standing army of trained insurgents who look/act/talk like everyone else in America

- Patriots are involved in strategic strikes when an opportunity arises, then disappear back into everyday society

- You won’t just play from the perspective of the elite Team Rainbow outfit; also take on the role of a True Patriot

- Team wants combat to feel more visceral

- Staff taking measures to ensure that different animations play when you shoot an enemy in the shoulder, leg, back, or front

- Strength of the weapon impact on enemies will be considered

- Team wants to create context around the True Patriots and give you insight into what led them to join this group, rather than simply create shock value

- Team Rainbow has undergone a radical transformation

- New operational guideliens have been put in place because old-school counter-terrorism isn’t an effective detterant anymore

- Zulu squad leader James Wolfe is the driving force of this new direction

- Wolfe is a former Navy SEAL who fervently believes in doing whatever it takes to thwart the True Patiots

- Wolfe willing to take ethical shortcuts to take out the True Patriots’ leader swiftly

- Rainbow is going to appear at the site of a terrorist event before the police show up and cordon off the hotel with yellow tape

- Place as Echo squad’s leader

- He is a new member of Team Rainbow, looks up to Wolfe like a father figure

- Choose whether to adopt Wolfe’s harsh tactics or go with another approach

- Not exempt from tought situational decisions

- For the demo, the player has to hold down the detonation button for the remainder of the sequence (shown in the video)

- Ground level with Echo team shows off the new Rappel 2.5 tech powering Patriots

- New Rainbow teams move with energy and excitement down the faces of buildings/bridges instead of a slow/methodical rappel

- Run down the side of the building at full speed while firing your gun on unsuspecting targets below if you want

- More fast-paced transitions on/off the rope

- Evolved control scheme

- Can use legacy controls from Rainbow Six Vegas

- New control scheme: feels more in line with modern shooters, transitions players in and out of cover more intuitively

- New animations for the cover system (vaulting, blind fire, moving from cover to cover seamlessly)

- Tactical controls streamlined

- New one-button tactics: smart interface that contextually determines what your team should be doing based on the location of enemies/what they’re doing

- Place the reticle over an environmental object such as a door; AI squad will then choose a smart breach and call out their intentions so you are aware of their plans

- Still has extended team command menu

- Control your team actions right down to the type of grenade you want them to use in a certain breaching scenario

- Therien issues contextual commands as Echo team moves forward down the bridge

- Squads react in a smart manner, take cover, select targets automatically

- AI enhancements for enemy soldiers

- Scan mode: informational HUD inspired by the TSA airport scanners

- Use scan mode to more easily spot threats including firearms (highlighted in yellow)

- Situation using scan mode: 6 terrorists holed up in a garage with three points of entry; hostage on his knees with a shotgun-wielding enemy behind him; spook him and the VIP will die

- AI enhancements for enemy soldiers

- Several AI arche-types

- Some even allow them to make mistakes

- Enemy may trip and fall as he goes for a new cover position

- Best enemies you take on have the full AI capabilities of your squad mates

- Shootouts won’t devolve into whack-a-mole

- Enemies won’t stand around mindlessly like AI robots

- Every enemy has a job/agenda

- Carefully select targets during urban sequences

- Team plans to track your performance and upload your results for everyone to see

- May take aggregate data based on the way people are playing and unlock or award different regions with bonuses

From that list

- Team wants combat to feel more visceral

- New control scheme: feels more in line with modern shooters, transitions players in and out of cover more intuitively

- New one-button tactics: smart interface that contextually determines what your team should be doing based on the location of enemies/what they’re doing

FPDR

Edited by RobertHammer

*cough* consoles *cough*

*cough* omg consoles *cough*

- New one-button tactics: smart interface that contextually determines what your team should be doing based on the location of enemies/what they’re doing[/b]

*cough* omg fucking consoles *cough*

FPDR

- For the demo, the player has to hold down the detonation button for the remainder of the sequence (shown in the video)

How unexpected! FPDR I'd rather play with wife :bounce3:

due to problem of move == merge , here is new thread

No, I would just stick a bomb onto your body and throw you off a bridge. :y:

Hello all. i made a comment in the Rainbow Six Patriots thread that I felt offended people, so naturally, I feel bad about.

Hoping to understand the fans of the original Rainbow Six games and their grievances with current situation of the franchise.

What features of the originals made you such loyal fans of this franchise in the first place? And, what feature in the current iterations have made feel betrayed?

Now, keep in mind, I probably will buy Rainbow Six Patriots, and I know you guys will probably feel like im helping "dumb-down" the franchise, but that's just the way I am, for Im obsessed with shooters.

Edited by sesdelta38

FWSEvyKNOCE

Rainbow Six used to feels like a bunch of professional badass ninja spec-ops
Now they feels like a bunch of unplanned non-professional amateurs

Need I say more?

P.S. remember, you won't see emoticon in serious post:p

That John Clark voice bring me good memories.

I wouldn't worry. Since Ubi has declared 95% of pc gamers are pirates, I doubt it will come out on pc.

I wouldn't worry. Since Ubi has declared 95% of pc gamers are pirates, I doubt it will come out on pc.

Hmm, pirates. Now that would prove a nice idea for the next R6. When I say "pirates" I of course mean the scurvy-ridden ones with eye-patches, wooden legs and metal hooks for hands as commonly seen in the 17th century. We need to comply with Hollywood stereotypes after all. Let's play Mr Royal Navy. "R6" in this case of course stands for "Royal 6", an elite unit of British princes that fight piracy the gentlemen way. Rescue some poor villagers from the pirates, then feed them to the sharks. Tie some Royal Marines to your cannons and blow them up just because we can. And all of this with a massive explosion every 3 seconds that would kill every living thing within a quarter of a mile. "The opportune moment has arisen for us to roughen backsides and chew her Majesty's tobacco. And I'm all out of tobacco! :butbut: " That kind of thing.

I'd settle for Somali pirates if it wouldn't be deemed racist to set a game there.

Ubistupid has always blamed 'piracy' for the failure of their games.

Time for some introspection on their part. It's got bugger all to do with 'piracy' and everything to do with shitty games and draconian DRM implementations.

When CDPROJECKT (Witcher 2) can remove the DRM and still claim huge revenues, I think it is failry obvious that people will pay for a quality product.

All Ubistupid needs now is a quality product :confused:

Why publishers have to make quality products if they can make profit with mediocre/"decent" stuff? People put a blind eye on and call the glass half full... :rolleyes: