CameronMcDonald

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Realistic Lighting Without Post Processing

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4323

I haven't bothered with many light mods for caves as too much messing, but this has just come out using simple .esp file install.

Makes a massive improvement for caves and general look, and needing torches etc. Nothing new as some already out but this means you can kill off all post process and messing with fx files/additional fx mods.

Also options for internal or external only.

Edited by mrcash2009

Just a brief intel as promised earlier for PS3 users:

I'm now on level 22 and explored over ½ of the map and have experienced no bugs or lag so far. Looking good.

:)

ps. Lycanthropy rocks

Latest BETA test is now on Steam:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1337261-now-on-steam-beta-update-for-skyrim/

To get the beta, you need to do the following:

• Click on Steam in the upper menu
  • Select Settings
  • Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
  • A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
  • Select OK.
  • Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.

If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs. Let Steam restart, and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.

Heres the feedback & test forum section:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/186-beta-update-on-steam/

Everyone is reporting large FPS increase, so recent compiling modders have taught them a lesson in compiling the code properly (sad but true it seems) so if you want to test it and have FPS issues - (Beta can be reversed much like BIS beta) then give it a blast and report anything. If you use SKSE or Scriptdragon for ASI scripts then bear in mind they wont work until they get updated by authors of said mods, Alexander Blade has noted Scriptdragon is in the works for update.

Im holding out due to full release and also making sure all my script addons work and are updated before I take the plunge, although its looking pretty rosey in terms of performance now, a bit more "how it should have been on release day" kind of thing.

Edited by mrcash2009

1.4 has been released

NEW FEATURES

Skyrim launcher support for Skyrim Workshop (PC)

BUG FIXES

General optimizations for memory and performance

Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequins in player's house (PS3)

Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)

Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)

Memory optimizations related to scripting

Fixed issue with dangling scripts not properly clearing from memory

Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI

Fixed crash in "Haemar's Shame" if player had already completed "A Daedra's Best Friend"

Fixed rare crash with loading saved games

Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line

Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly

Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save

Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player's home

Optimized bookshelf script in player-owned houses that would occasionally block other scripts from properly firing off

Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player's house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any upgrades

Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly

Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells

Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly

Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail

Fixed memory crash with container menu

Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves

Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally fail

Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

Fixed occasional audio issue that would play sound effects louder than intended

Fixed bug related to hitching between cell boundaries

Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian

Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor's Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions

QUEST FIXES

The Unusual Gem that was inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing "Diplomatic Immunity"

In "Breaching Security", the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble

Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if "Season Unending" was an active quest

Fixed issue where starting "Season Unending" after finishing "Joining the Stormcloaks" would prevent "The Jagged Crown" from starting properly

Fixed issue where progressing through "Message to Whiterun" while "Season Unending" was still open would block progression for both quests

In "Arniel's Endeavor", fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times

In "Forbidden Legend", the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it

Fixed rare issue in "Forbidden Legend" where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible

In "The White Phial", the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it

"The White Phial" will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory

Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing "A Night to Remember"

Fixed issue where leaving Riften during "A Chance Arrangement" would prevent quest from progressing

In "Darkness Returns", a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest

In "Revealing the Unseen", if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly

"Onmund's Request" will now start properly if player has already found Enthir's staff before receiving this quest

Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor

"Repairing the Phial" will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory

Finding Pantea's Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating

In "The Break of Dawn", fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis

Fixed rare issue in "The Mind of Madness" where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack

Fixed issue in "Pieces of the Past" where Mehrunes Dagon's Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it

"Blood's Honor" will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.

Fixed rare issue where "Dampened Spirits" would not start properly

Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first

Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine"

Fixed numerous issues with "Blood on the Ice" not triggering properly

In "Blood on the Ice", Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm

In "The Cure for Madness", killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress

Fixed rare issue in "To Kill an Empire" where an NPC would fail to die properly

Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting "Boethiah's Champion" no longer prevents quest from starting.

Did they release the SDK?

Edited by Tonci87

;2102767']06:33 on tuesday now' date=' but I guess it's still monday in the real world.[/quote']

Timezones perhaps? If Beth has her studio at the San Andreas Faultline (California) then it would be Pacific Timezone (-8 hours) behind your GMT zone. So it's barely Tuesday overthere... (03:08 AM as I write this):)

Edited by Thani '82

;2102767']The surprise has kind of been given away already (well hinted...)' date=' High Res Texture Pack. You can see more on the official forums.

If they can compete with already existing mods, like Skyrim HD, then sure. A better surprise and a blessing would be the redoing of the UI. Especially so we can use the PC feature called a mouse. :rolleyes:

SkyUI seems to do a great job at doing this already though, but I'm very interested in seeing what people can cook up once the SDK is out. Can't wait :)

Timezones perhaps? If Beth has her studio at the San Andreas Faultline (California) then it would be Pacific Timezone (-8 hours) behind your GMT zone. So it's barely Tuesday overthere... (03:08 AM as I write this):)

Indeed' date=' but still it would be nice if they could cater for the rest of the world ;)

If they can compete with already existing mods, like Skyrim HD, then sure. A better surprise and a blessing would be the redoing of the UI. Especially so we can use the PC feature called a mouse. :rolleyes:

SkyUI seems to do a great job at doing this already though, but I'm very interested in seeing what people can cook up once the SDK is out. Can't wait :)

I only use a few HD textures mostly for ground textures and rocks, and I've never used SkyUI since I use a 360 controller for pc, its more intuitive imo. We'll see in the last remaning hours of tuesday.

MASSIVE EDIT:

Since skyrim is now 33% off, check the steam page also under the bundle pack is THE HIGH RES PACK

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

I will get the texture ESM files soon, I only have 896 vram so I will grab if for the sake of it but not massively into using it, I use selective texture mods at the moment. I am pretty happy with the look I have got from Flaura mod/ground texture mod/clothing mod without causing any performance hit at the moment anyway.

They have deff stepped up the game with these releases and patch. I can now (dual core 3gig) play Ultra with shadows medium and ugrids set to 7 for farther draw distance, some minor micro stutter and that's all. Prior to 1.4 I had 20 fps in some cities and all set to high only, on horse I would get jolts and spawn pauses and so on (I could tell when AI was spawning as I would get a large jolt pause prior to it), they have finaly got this up to shape as it should have been release day, for me its like playing on a quad upgrade with a game that struggled on my "old machine" in terms of how it feels.

BTW an important thread is posted on how you can use the new HD texture DLC pack without it overwriting loose file texture mods (so texture mods over write the HD pack and use it as a base) here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1344060-guide-using-custom-textures-with-the-new-highres-pack/

Edited by mrcash2009

Well I have to agree with the YT comments: Why isn´t this stuff in the game?!

EDIT: Well I bet some of it will be after they release the SDK

Most of it is already out, or in the works, some people have hinted about werebears being in a future dlc, since Mai'q the Liar seems to be fond of talking about them. Just one of those conspiracies floating around. Also the CK has been out since tuesday, tonnes of mods already on the steam workshop.

@Neils .. thats more to do with Steam than Skyrim itself, worth a thread on its own in some ways, no shock realy, I have never liked Steam for all of what that article shows (user wrong or right) in terms of an off switch you have no finger on. I only used steam for this game as I bought it via Game digital, only to realise I got a key and had to do the rest with steam, I will never purchase through steam or use steam with a full account as a full paying user, only have it for Skyrim as I had no choice but thats it for me. I only go online for things I need, but stay 90 percent offline with it.

I laughed at the Jam video with "Dark Dungeons" and the better water, I mean, it really is funny they could do that for "fun in the office" when it was blatantly wrong on release and fundamental esp dungeons.

But I agree, all promo for DLC I would imagine, nothing modders cant do now though and with more time to flesh out better.

I am confused with the Steam workshop with no search, I have manually added a small number of mods but soon it will be time to install a proper downloader and sorter (so many to choose and still unsure). I will hold out with the workshop until its updated with better search functions and things.

BTW as this is arma and most use six updater, which do you think is the bet to use as a similar thing for mods .. just Nexus for now & Steam later? Also like Armlauncher for mods and mod order which is the best you think that's on similar lines for Skyrim?

I haven't gone full on into mods yet but its time to start doing things more properly but I dont want to dive in feet first with the wrong software and procedure that bites me in the ass later, so any tips would be good.

Edited by mrcash2009

Because these features are not 100% bugfree?

Because these features are not 100% bugfree?

Yup, aswell as them not even being created until this 'go crazy week' and due to the 11-11-11 release date constraints.

Anyone else seeing blank textures after the release?