CameronMcDonald

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

More importantly it broke the fan-patch that allowed the game to make use of more than just 2 gigs of RAM.

Now my Skyrim makes use of 4 gigs of RAM, and it solved my crashing issues. That latest update broke the fan-patch but thankfully a new version of it is back online.

Very poor decision on Bethesda's side.

New patch details

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)

Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)

Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)

Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away

Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead

Dragon corpses now clean up properly

Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug

Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely

Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory

Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor

Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death

ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)

Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)

General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

Meanwhile, in ArmAland.. :p

Meanwhile, ArmA is still buggier. ;)

The Skyrim update broke my game - constant crashing when going to or from Cities, textures missing, and so on :D

Reverted to the original exe and all problems were gone.

Weird, cuz it was the opposite for me. Patch fixed the (few) issues I had.

I've just hired this for ps3 too see what all the fuss is about, what a great game... Fully hooked but going to get pc version as I cannot get to grips with using a controller and i move around like a zombie!

Nothing regarding the balancing?

"Balance" is a funny issue, and I doubt Bethesda will address this in any serious way. It's almost entirely subjective, some people see balancing issues, some don't. I'm one of those who don't :) it's an interesting discussion point though.

But, for those that do, there will be the inevitable balancing mod releases, to address perceived Destruction & smithing imbalances.

What's the point of balance in a single player game? What difference does it make? Just play however you want with whichever challenges you choose.

WTF is up with those patch notes,not even one quest fix???:mad:

I put the game away because of bugged quests and I hope that isn't the final list of fixes.Oh nice,they're monitoring forums,apparently they missed the shitload of threads with bugged quests.

I should Fus Ro DAH Bethsoft through mail and phone.

Definitely did not fix the sticking projectiles bug. Or mine didn't update. Not sure.

Update is scheduled for today, 30/11, the reason you haven't received it yet more then likely is because steam tend to release updates when the day is new in america, no where else.

Well that's what I have experienced with all of their other games. (RO2 not included :D)

General consensus is: do not patch your game with the new 1.2 patch. Various reasons, but the most compelling for me is that it doesn't seem to actually fix anything or do anything useful, but has a good chance of breaking and deleting stuff. A much better experience can be had using the game as it first installed & starting it from the exe rather than through Steam.

On another topic, here is Zero Punctuation's Skyrim review.

There have been some funny bugs appearing, dragons flying backwards and never landing for example, you can see that on steam news for skyrim.

For me I had no choice to update, as my companions quest line was broken when farkas surprises you with a little transformation, well it never happened, it does now though. :)

Guests arriving dead at player's wedding,dragons flying backwards,now I wonder if Beth QA team is on crack.

Guests arriving dead at player's wedding,dragons flying backwards,now I wonder if Beth QA team is on crack.
What QA team? The player is the beta tester don't you know? Banana software ripes at the users side. BIS does the same but at least they tell you so. Lesson one in 21th century gaming...never ever buy a game at relase unless you wan't to test a beta.

I think I will wait a little bit longer with purchasing Skyrim....

Update 1.2 seems to be total crap and has been taken down by Steam

Did the Update 1.1 fix anything important?

I think I will wait a little bit longer with purchasing Skyrim....

Well, depends what you think is important :) after install, the game runs fine without Steam, you just use the exe. After the 1.1 patch, you are required to run Steam.

Yeah,it nullified the LAA 4gb patch,made Skyrim unusable without Steam and made the game crash for some people(including me).

The only good patch was on day one,it fixed crapload of stuff but since then all the patches have been rubbish.

Listen Beagle advice and buy it after 6 months.

Can play for hours (perhaps days) with the 1.0 / 1.0x available since release day, especially with the 4GB patch installed.

Guess i'm not getting Skyrim then. I hate fucking Steam. If i want to buy a game of steam that is my choice but i don't like it when steam gets forced down my fucking throat, especially when it's a SINGLE PLAYER game, i mean WTF?!!:mad:

id suggest you get used to it, its not going away, if anything steam (and origin etc) will only get more and more common.

Seriously? I haven't had a single issue with it yet.

Edit:

I seem to be nothing but a fly to swot while coming up against silver hand with mundane weapons and worse armour then me... wtf :raisebrow:

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Want to hear something crazy?

My 9800gt goes to 107 Celsius while playing this game, and yet my small ass case doesn't even get that warm. No GPU artifacts from the extreme temps either.

This patch my temps went up usually they were only up to 105 max.

Worse performance in valleys in this patch it seems like Arma micro-stutter I got the latest Driver (not the shit beta drivers)

I'm using Nvidia control panel system tools to monitor the temps (cant in game for some reason only when i go back to my desktop real quick) but its been running hot like this ever since I first used it in 2009 don't see any signs of physical damage on the GPU or anything.

Also having trouble with Mods not showing up, the only one that works for sure is a icon UI mod by Kenney. Would like to use some texture packs and various little mods.

Edited by Flash Thunder