CameronMcDonald

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

My in game character looks more or less the spitting image of Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead as I went to see them a couple of weeks ago, so as well as being God, Lemmy is now a Dragonborn as well :p

As far as the PC patch goes, apparently the main "fix" is that Steam is now required to run it. As opposed to before, when you could run it from the exe.

Steam patches it up so that it requires Steam to run :)

Not entirely a good thing that, though I always play the game through steam.

Is it just me or do arrows shoot slightly to the right now while in sneak.

I haven't noticed but arrows and ice spikes still stay stuck in the player's body. That is the only thing I have to complain about.

Speaking of Sneak and Arrows -anyway to disable that god awful 'hidden' icon? Makes it impossible to use archery (crosshair disabled) with that giant eye there.

I haven't noticed but arrows and ice spikes still stay stuck in the player's body. That is the only thing I have to complain about.

1. Press ^ to open up the console.

2. Then type sexchange and press enter.

3. Repeat (to switch back to normal)

Arrows gone.

I've used that method a few times. :thumbsup:

Those ice spikes disappear within 5 seconds if they've hit me or my companion.

Speaking of Sneak and Arrows -anyway to disable that god awful 'hidden' icon? Makes it impossible to use archery (crosshair disabled) with that giant eye there.

There is

'>this which is good if you want to roleplay seriously, although they havent found a way to remove the sneak crosshair with simple ini editing. However I do recall seeing a mod on skyrimnexus that removes it.

Eventually modsaholic will host most if not all these mods, so that the user doesnt have to register for files above 2mb. :)

Your welcome :)

Its worth having a look through the mods already surfaced, 100+ already, some complete overhauls and some minor graphical changes, Cant beleive they make people sign up to get free mods over 2mb though aswell as offering premium download rates....

Long Live Armaholic!!

Even easier,if you have a stuck arrow find an enemy with bow(bandit etc.) and let him "shoot you":) again.This works everytime and the arrows will dissapear,repeat if it happens.

The game is great and very addictive,but I'll put it on hold until next patch because I've already encountered bugged quests and other things,these are well known on Bethsoft forums and I hope they will fix some of them with the next update.

Windhelm,Blood on Ice never triggers for me.

Thieves guild,I never receive Dampened Spirits.

Esbern is stuck,really-really stuck,the fucker doesn't move at all.

Mining,I made lots of money by making expensive jewelries and found a gold mine.Sadly after a month you can't mine respawned ore veins,the texture is there but no action.

Another thing what is up with the guilds storylines:confused: because are so damn short.Also waaaaaaaaaaaay to many fetch quests for my liking,almost 90% of Misc quests are "get my underwear from that cave,tomb,dungeon".

The dragons have become the next cliff racers for me,something like "yay dragon,yay another one,hmm...another one,FOR FFS please stop I've killed about 30 of you".They should have kept them at fixed spawn locations or make the timer way longer until the next one spawns near you.I hope mods will fix it because this timer thing until the next one is bullshit.

Also I have a beef with so many immortal npcs,if you killed someone whom you shouldn't hey tough luck,but here it's even worse than Oblivion.I decided to go psycho on a farm well damn,can't kill them,maybe next farm?Nope still immortal.In towns is even worse,it's like most of them are immortal but wait,thats not all,a friggin elder dragon attacks the town and IT KILLS shitload of npcs.

Who was the retard that decided most npcs shouldn't be killable by the player but a damn dragon could do it because apparently he's way cooler than you.

I know that I listed lots of shortcomings but the game is still friggin awesome,but it's too bad when they simplify way to many things with every next Elder Scrolls.

I find dragons annoying, they hover over my head, out of reach, and spam fire breath on me for ages, gets away, come back, hover, spam.... Is archery the only way to take him down? On top of it, when I hit him with arrow, he gets away....

I was fighting a dragon on the beach in the top left corner of the map where that prison is the other night, it swooped down and landed on the beach, at which point a load of Walrus type creatures came up out of the sea and started attacking the dragon, sweet! :D

Many people complain that the dragons are to easy to fight. True?

For me they are very easy to fight, at first no but as I progressed in level, all's I have to do is hit him with my arrows a couple of times for them to land then use my shout elemental fury (quickens speed of melee weapons) then use my sword and axe in dual-wielding power attacks, takes the dragon out in seconds.

Ofcourse it all depends on the dragon-type and your skill level/difficulty.

Many people complain that the dragons are to easy to fight. True?

No. I regularly get stomped on.

Go between his wing and rear leg, most of the times he seems unable to react and can't breath fire there or using tail swat, sometimes he hit you with wings but no big deal, my best fight with a dragon, was when he wasn't interested in me at all, kept breathing fire from the honeymead building onto a poor guy with a cow lol

Can you kick, then slash/hack like you could in Dark Messiah?

I hope so because I thought the combat in DM was much better than in Oblivion because of the things like kicking.

You cant attack with anything but your upper body...

Got a bug today, decided to actually go through with some storylines. Companions, Proving Honour quest, I get to the point where I get locked in the small room and farkas is outside ambushed by silverhand, after the female npc says this will be a great story or something, they just dont fight at all, so I'm stuck like a fool unable to do a thing, after this I thought I would restart the game to see if it would differ, steam wouldn't start the game at all, so I did a verify files, one had to be re-downloaded, ran the game again, had to input my gfx settings again thus destroying my previous custom skyrim.ini, tried the mission again, same result. *sigh*

/rant

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

I hope someone can give me a little help, for some reason my shortcut buttons don't work multiple times.

I have a healing potion under number "8" in my favorites but every time I use it I have to reconfigure it (go in favorites, press the number I want it assigned to and close). Than, if I use a potion by pressing the number it gets "lost" again.

That did never happen before and it does only happen with my potion, not with any weapons/magic I assigned to it as well. Its pretty annoying and I am fighting above my level (as in doing dumb things) at the moment so I need to heal a lot.

Anyone? Please? :D

I hope someone can give me a little help, for some reason my shortcut buttons don't work multiple times.

I have a healing potion under number "8" in my favorites but every time I use it I have to reconfigure it (go in favorites, press the number I want it assigned to and close). Than, if I use a potion by pressing the number it gets "lost" again.

That did never happen before and it does only happen with my potion, not with any weapons/magic I assigned to it as well. Its pretty annoying and I am fighting above my level (as in doing dumb things) at the moment so I need to heal a lot.

I'd recommend you to favorite your necessary potions, and then use it by pressing favorite key. It will pause the game when you choosing it, but it allow you to use it multiple times.

I'd recommend you to favorite your necessary potions, and then use it by pressing favorite key. It will pause the game when you choosing it, but it allow you to use it multiple times.

Yes, I know that but I am switching weapons/magic/healing potion during a fight a lot and dont like the pause so much. I only pause it when I need potions I do not have configured.

I just hoped someone knew why all of a sudden it does no longer work as before. :)

My immediate thought would be that a potion is a single-use item, so when you use it, it's gone. You seem to suggest in your post that it sometimes can be repeated, is that the case with potions?