Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

Unless your graphics card is running at like 100C temp shouldn't be an issue, my GPU even has dual copper pipes to transfer heat.

My 9800gt was always running blazing hot it has to be driver related. PSOD happened to me when i was just using windows explorer so its not memory or temp related.

The issues so far haven't been temperatures.

My Asus GTX560 DU idles in the low 20's and never hits 50 under load. Mid 40's under load is where it stays even running Heaven Benchmark.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

ATI drivers have sucked for years. Game comes out and you have to wait for ATI to release yet another hotpatch for it.

Nothing wrong with their hardware but their driver programmers suck as bad as Creative Labs.

I supported ATI for years while they were still a Canadian company but the driver situtuation became too much.

Well I have a Sapphire Toxic HD5850 and had never any problems with this card. But I guess I will get an NVidia for Arma 3 (Maybe someone makes a mod that uses HW acceleration? ).

My rig is up and running with 296.10. I will update if anything happens.

Apparently, Battlefield is going to get screwed up. Further. Ah, well.

tfslY_AvhLw

The greed will consume EA from inside out, sooner or later. I hope it'll be rather sooner than later

Apparently, Battlefield is going to get screwed up. Further. Ah, well.

These include a premium knife, black dog tags, and a set of soldier and weapon camouflage skins that will give players more personalisation options.

If people pay for that they are idiots.

If people pay for that they are idiots.

Done deal then, people are idiots! :o

Done deal then, most console gamers are idiots! :o

Fixed that for ya. Cheers!

Fixed that for ya. Cheers!

im sure if its true, PC players will buy it too, not just console players

i wont be buying it either way.

Fear is what will make this move successful, fear of not having what other players do.

Ah, well. I'll just snag the knife and tags off some poor schmoe. Those things look better as trophies anyway. :yay:

I just wish that they would have stayed away from the story telling and kept it like Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 was. With the bots and everything.

I remember I got BF2 for my birthday and I had always thought that playing with the bots was pretty fun.

Why not have bots and a Story ?

When you must release a new BF each year - coding some kind of primitive AI is not an option. Thus BF3 has no AI at all. Not even bots. It's much easier to throw 8 maps at a people and be done with it.

Everyone will stop playing BF3 when BFBC3 comes out anyway.

When you must release a new BF each year - coding some kind of primitive AI is not an option. Thus BF3 has no AI at all. Not even bots. It's much easier to throw 8 maps at a people and be done with it.

Everyone will stop playing BF3 when BFBC3 comes out anyway.

Well I doub't everyone becouse afaik there is not many shooters out there that could directly conquer those series. Nontheless good point with the Ai vs bone them maps. Oh and I also hope there wont even be any BFBF3BC3 :rolleyes:

Double XP weekend, if you dont want a beer in the summer heat, good way to rank up, had a blast already 30k for one round :)

Yup, also get your fix of killing tanks with C4. Must of got 30 of them already today.

;2157027']Yup' date=' also get your fix of killing tanks with C4. Must of got 30 of them already today.[/quote']

I saw it kept shacking my monitor when you exploded them next to me!!

twas so funny, the most enjoyable ones weren't when killing 3 players then surviving. More like killing one player and suiciding while they try to kill you.

C4 is fun. It's good for traps, anti-vehicle and path creation.

I had to pause BF3 for 2 moths.. it was too boring. Tried to play some gulf of oman rounds yesterday and couldnt do it. Too freakin small. And the Graphics just isnt soo good like I remeber them... Really sad.

It's funny how when the action is endlessly constant, it becomes boring. I'm all for a bottleneck of action but when it's constant it becomes "normal" and loses the intense edge. Also find it amusing that they decided to go into close quarters map rather than expanding on larger, more varied maps like with Armored Fury and Special Forces did with BF2. Grapple hooks that allow you to scale walls and reach new places, zip lines that allow you to quickly travel downwards safely and cross building gaps in seconds! Night vision to compliment night maps, gas masks and tear gas to blind other players!

This is innovation? This is battlefield? The game that used infantry and vehicles of all sorts from the get go and expanded on that the further it went, down to mere infantry in corridors? Battlefield 3 despite shrunken down compared to it's predecessors, still had an edge and uniqueness over COD in that it had vehicles! Now it no longer goes above and beyond the call, it simply follows it.

Also why is that warehouse so poorly lit, light is well able to seep in through nearly every angle, by bouncing it should be much more lit than that..and still those god awful desaturation/high contrast filters...it's nice to know that even when their own community cried out for color EA basicly gives them the finger.

Edited by NodUnit