Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

If anyone from europe is up for a few games i'm usually ready. My player nick is DrVaughn.

Jesus got the game and its downloading 4.5GB worth of updates.

Going to take at least a decade on my connection.

Well its at 80% now so hopefully not more than another 40 minutes.

my Origin name is: CamNM1991 for some reason I couldn't use FlashThunder was already taken.... FUFUFUFFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU

Skype name is: Oblivionsiege06

Can't wait to play a game with some of you :)

Hate this whole launch the game through a browser crap what the fuck were they smoking?

Everything seems to work could I get an invitation to the steam group please?

Already almost level 6 :D just from playing a few matches of TDM.

Edited by Flash Thunder

I raged about Battlelog too, but now i think it is pretty useful and way faster//more responsive than any ingame browser (i look at you RO2).

I raged about Battlelog too, but now i think it is pretty useful and way faster//more responsive than any ingame browser (i look at you RO2).

This^ but i still hate Origin.

I'm divided on the game browser.

Despite being a webbased service, it works.

On the negative side, switching between desktop and game engine in that way, kills my desktop and after quitting the game I have to reboot to get control of my computer back.

I'm never really going to play this game. It's too user unfriendly.

If quitting a game kills your desktop, then i'd say you have a problem with your PC.

Maybe I should get to work on the Murphy's laws of the Battlefield (3):

1. You will always join the losing team

2. Teamswitching - isn't

3. For every good game, three bad games will follow

4. The enemy soldier you've been tracking for five minutes will turn around at the last moment

5. You will not turn around to notice the enemy soldier that's been tracking you

6. The corner that you failed to check is the one that will doom you

7. Lag will occur at the least opportune moment

Et cetera

If quitting a game kills your desktop, then i'd say you have a problem with your PC.

No problem that never launching BF3 isn't going to cure.

2. Teamswitching - isn't

4. The enemy soldier you've been tracking for five minutes will turn around at the last moment

5. You will not turn around to notice the enemy soldier that's been tracking you

Ahaaaa

I bought it around release time and I'm only level 5 or 6. I think I'm finally bored of the Battlefield series...

2. Teamswitching - isn't

Et cetera

Then it must be frustrating playing.

Well all beginning is tough, it will get better if you're pesistent and patient.

@OnlyRazor

You pretty much nailed it on the head.

For me it always pisses me off how I can shoot half a clip either using small burst or holding down trigger then the guy turns around and drops me in what it seems to be in like 5 shots.

Yesterday I shot this guy 20 times with an m249 and he turned around and killed me with one bullet from a magnum....

Realistic ballistics and damage modeling confirmed. FPDR

Still fun though and would be better if I had a couple people to play the game with.

Alt-tabbing back and forth between a game and the desktop was never entirely stable on any system or game involved.

Making it a requirement to play the game was probably the most retarded thing I've seen in a long time.

Third mission of co-op extremely broken, two people extremely annoyed, myself included.

Anyone else unable to enter the Humvees after the second ambush?

Third mission of co-op extremely broken, two people extremely annoyed, myself included.

Anyone else unable to enter the Humvees after the second ambush?

Encountered this more then once, just kept trying day after day, on non-consecutive days, you'll get there eventually.

@OnlyRazor

For me it always pisses me off how I can shoot half a clip either using small burst or holding down trigger then the guy turns around and drops me in what it seems to be in like 5 shots.

Yesterday I shot this guy 20 times with an m249 and he turned around and killed me with one bullet from a magnum....

Realistic ballistics and damage modeling confirmed. FPDR

Still fun though and would be better if I had a couple people to play the game with.

Please keep in mind that the game has immortality perks such as a flak vest perk as well as weapon upgrade perks. Once one can get the fire grip perk, heavy barrel perk for a specific rifle & the flak vest perk, one can sustain a bit more damage & still take some body out. There is also a suppressive effect on lower ranked players when you shoot at them. There is also a suppressive perk that one can obtain as an upgrade. It's effect is that your victim doesn't aim as well back at you as you shoot at him, giving you a slight advantage.

BF3 is fun, reminds me more of BF42 than BF2. BF2 was broken from day one. BF3 is what DICE seems to always had in mind when they made BF2. It's all evolved as hard ware has improved and made the DICE's latest Frostbite engine possible. It's not meant to be a sim, but it can be very tactical. I enjoy conquest maps the best.

Yeah I knew about the perks.

Last night using the first sniper for the US side don't remember its name shot a guy 3 times in the center of mass and didn't kill him and then shot another guy in the head and didn't get a kill Im starting to think that sniping is extremely broken unless you have these magical fairy perks equipment/attachments.

Do not like this.

I dunno how im going to level up recon class sniper rifles simply don't work for me unless I have the time to shoot them 4-5 times before they spray me down.

Everyone always seems to drop me like a fly with any sniper rifle I can be 100 meters away and will be dropped by a guy that's strafing with a head shot....

The battlelog browser launcher is annoying how I have to quit out of the BF3.exe just to load up another server and that there's no queuing for servers when already in game.

Anyone who is in the Arma battlefield players group I cannot seem to find a group with similar name on Steam could someone active send me a link/invite.

Or add me: CamNM1991

Im a team player I'll be your medic or unlimited Ammo dump for you. :D

I just checked out a USAS-12 frag video, and holy shit, the comments there are so full of smug self-love. "Aww yeah, I got like 12,000 kills with these babeis, you crybabies keep whining, you can't see me when i whip this one out."

I have never seen so much narcissism arise from a simple game. Other than MLG, perhaps.

just had my first bad experience with suppression

playing TBM and fired a shotgun shell into a guys legs, he shoots back and suppresses me from 3 meters away, i fire another round of buck aimed at his chest and doesnt even hit him...

i'll stick to auto guns from now on. never felt it was bad with them

I've used the russian auto-shotgun (SAO-12?) a couple of times, it was pretty sweet. It's got some spread and you don't do a ton of damage at range, but you DO suppress the hell out of the guy you're shooting at. It's great on market for fighting in the side alleys. Other than that, you can level your recon class up by using unlocked weapons and using a submachine gun or shotgun, or get points in a larger map by spotting enemy units. Assuming you don't get spotted, you get points for every kill made on an enemy you spot (q key). It's not much, but recon has the lowest threshold for leveling up. These two tricks should help out.

edit- Ugh, it's early. That was a mess of commas. Sorry, I'll do better later. :P

Last night using the first sniper for the US side don't remember its name shot a guy 3 times in the center of mass and didn't kill him and then shot another guy in the head and didn't get a kill Im starting to think that sniping is extremely broken unless you have these magical fairy perks equipment/attachments.

Yeah, it sucks so much with the first sniper rifles, MK11 just sucks at long range, try using it at close range with iron sights and its a blast. Can't really give any tips for the recon class since I hardly use it, it's only useful in places like metro conquest if you get behind the opposite team and place your spawn beacon, that's using any other weapon then a sniper rifle too.

I do recommend you try doing the coop missions so you can unlock the M39 EMR, its a decent ranged weapon and allows for follow up shots after the shitty suppression effect. (Don't get me started on the scope glint that can be seen without any sunlight hitting it....)

Anyone who is in the Arma battlefield players group I cannot seem to find a group with similar name on Steam could someone active send me a link/invite.

Here is the squad in battlelog, we don't have one on steam since it's useless having one there. I'm not sure PuFu even checks it anymore, maybe some captains should be assigned to handle adding new players.

Now after latest patch i have started using the AK-74M + Kobra RDS and it's a kickass weapon, i recommend that setup.

Thanks for the link Viper just applied to join if you see this PuFu my name is CamNM1991.

Yeah I tried using Mk11 with Iron Sights but by the time I can kill someone I get sprayed down.

Silly how you can unlock 6 weapons in cooperative, why force me to play something I don't want to play Dice?

No problem, ah so that's the reason you can pay to get those weapons ;)

Thanks for the link Viper just applied to join if you see this PuFu my name is CamNM1991.

Yeah I tried using Mk11 with Iron Sights but by the time I can kill someone I get sprayed down.

Silly how you can unlock 6 weapons in cooperative, why force me to play something I don't want to play Dice?

i use the mk11 with holo sights a good bit, at close range unless you fire first you have a good chance of being killed. best used at mid range...dont forget youre light or laser to give you that blinding edge lol