Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattleField 3

So, after reinstalling again, this time from my DVD, and updating to the latest version, I managed to fix... Nothing. God damnit. :mad:

Fuck it, I give up. Let the devs fix this thing. In about a month's time.

Edited by OnlyRazor

He's not the only one getting this.

There are plenty of GTX 560 users getting it.

Even swapping hardware or RMA'ing the card doesn't help.

The errors listed in the STOP messages are all over the place, there is no one error reported.

I kept getting the same thing running Arma 2 with the 296.10 drivers

rolling back stopped it but the other problems persist.

It's likely the drivers or there is something seriously wrong with the cards Nvidia is shipping out.

And I *JUST* ordered a 560Ti no more than three days ago. >.<

We shall see. I've heard some Beta drivers are out now that work.

Edited by GRS

And I *JUST* ordered a 560Ti no more than three days ago. >.<

We shall see. I've heard some Beta drivers are out now that work.

560ti here, been playing BF3 since launch, never a single issue... no need to regret it yet!

Good to hear. I actually pretty confident, I just get paranoid about new PC parts. :P

Its not the card its a combination of driver conflictions with the kernel.

You wont regret buying a 560Ti but these driver issues are fucking irritating!

There is a new beta driver R300 that adds TXAA, adaptive V sync and other nice stuff lets hope they fix all these conflictions FFS :mad:

It seems the driver was indeed the issue, I was able to play BF3 for an hour after uninstalling 295.73 and reinstalling 296.10 no display driver crashes and no complete shutdown of my PC.

THANK GOD!

Edited by Flash Thunder

Okay, then. Now, people, out of solidarity for me, stop having fun. Mmkay? :p

Another quality EA product I got another fucking display driver failed to work and has recovered tonight after freshly installing 296.10 I give up on this game and EA.

There are tons of people with 560Ti's reporting issues similar to mine... no its not our hardware this game is a SHITTY fucking console port BF3 has a derp time interacting with the drivers associated to our hardware. Totally shutting down my computer with an older driver and still failing with a WHQL certified Driver that's not a fucking beta driver LOL

FPDR FPDR FPDR FPDR

Because one facepalm ain't enough.

the 296.10 drivers are problematic. I had numerous problems with my 560TI and max 2012 and autocad (this happens on one if my personal computer at home, as well as 3 others at the office, all running on 560TI).

It just freezez the entire thing. I went back and installed the latest developer drivers prior to 296.10. No more issues..

Like i said before 295.73 was messing my system up more than this latest one 296.10 yes its problematic but its the latest stable release, I dont prefer using beta drivers because im paranoid like that with my computer.

This game is weird I just did operation firestorm on 32 player server and was just messing around for about 40 minutes with no issues but when I was on the same map earlier but 64 player server it crashed the drivers in a minute before anything could even have the chance of heating up.

Im going to try joining 64 player server on the same map again to see if it crashes drivers again quickly I doubt that was just a random case.

I'm not seeing any previous drivers that aren't having problems that crop up after a few days.

People report being all clear after rolling back only to complain a few days later.

I'll give the Beta drivers a shot tommorow.

Battlefield 2142 is one of the few games that still works fine on my systems.

Flash sites like Youtube are ok also.

301.24 beta drivers work fine with BF3, though I did have one hiccup with alt-tabbing back to the ArmA 2 mp lobby (everything froze and the screen went pinkish), no problems with it since then.

Installed 301.24 Beta drivers.

Scopes now work in Arma 1 but..............

- BSOD on Youtube as a result of the glorious NV4_Disp.dll doing it's thing.......again.

- Going to the Multiplayer server screens in Battlefield 2142, Arma 2 and Arma 2 locks up the system. Single-player is fine.

Rolling back to the previous driver. graphic glitches I handle until it gets fixed but Blue-screens... no f'ing thanks.

So... I uninstalled the game AND all my saved data... Let's see how it works.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Hey presto, it appears to have worked! This calls for a yay parade :yay::yay::yay:

I just got the pink screen of death again not even playing a game just using firefox no youtube or anything.

This issue is fucking pissing me off I didnt even get a message or BSOD my screen just turned off but my computer was still running this time.

Im going to be irritated if my GPU is actually becoming faulty or if its just these piss poor drivers. 296.10 did a fresh install a couple days ago.

EDIT

Just uninstalled 296.10 and installed 295.73 again I guess I wont be playing BF3 until this driver shit is taken care of.

Will edit again if i get Pink screen of death again, BSOD or any other driver fail.

My gpu temp right now not playing any games is 30C.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Doesn't matter what driver you use, even suggesting one is pointless other then don't use 296.10 which seems to f'up with pretty much everyone.

you just have to find the one thats the most stable for YOU, not everyone else.

If I knew which driver version it was when this all began I'd roll back to the on before that.

Nvidia still hasn't admitted theres a serious issue.

I'm begining to think there's an issue with the 560 cards themselves and Nvidia is trying to avoid a very expensive recall.

I hope its not an issue with the cards themselves wont be able to upgrade for awhile.

Hopefully it will be fixed with the next release.

No problems here on my GTX 560Ti 295.73 :o

Thats the thing about this whole driver/560 issue.

It all seems to depend on individual systems, what your doing and which version of the drivers you're running.

The problems don't appear all the time, you can do several days with no problems.

I see it all the time on gaming/hardware forums. People rolling back saying it fixed the problem then a day or two later saying "never mind, it's back" with a new issue.

For me some drivers work find for Youtube but BSOD and pink/green artifacts on games like Arma 1 and 2 but Battelefield 2142 is uneffected

yet other drivers shut my system down with no warning on Youtube but Arma 1/2, Battlefield 2142 work fine until I go to the Multiplayer screen and everything locks up.

People are RMA'ing cards and pulling their hair out while Nvidia refuses to acknowledge there is an obvious issue.

I've already lost files to sudden sudden system shutdowns, it's only a matter of time before my system doesn't boot because the system drive is scrambled.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

What about RMAing them?

Tons of people have been doing that.

Either the drivers are borked or the boards Nvidia have been shipping out have some issue.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

What about RMAing them?

Tons of people have been doing that.

Either the drivers are borked or the boards Nvidia have been shipping out have some issue.

Until Nvidia acknowledges theres a problem, nailing down the issue isn't going to happen soon

Nvidia needs to start gathering data on the issue so they can focus on a fix

all I've seen this them saying Check your temps and your memory.

Basicly pointing fingers at other hardware.

VIA does the same thing they refuse to admit when they are pumping out defective hardware.

I've got no problems at all, but i also have the MSI Twin Frozr edition, which cools the card a little bit better.

I've got no problems at all, but i also have the MSI Twin Frozr edition, which cools the card a little bit better.

The issues so far haven't been temperatures.

My Asus GTX560 DU idles in the low 20's and never hits 50 under load. Mid 40's under load is where it stays even running Heaven Benchmark.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

OK, now I´m glad that I have ATI tech in my PC

ATI drivers have sucked for years. Game comes out and you have to wait for ATI to release yet another hotpatch for it.

Nothing wrong with their hardware but their driver programmers suck as bad as Creative Labs.

I supported ATI for years while they were still a Canadian company but the driver situtuation became too much.