Sign in to follow this  
bn880

The working mission

smile.gif NEW V 1.02 posted,

sfv check for addons available smile.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------

The idea of the mission is that there is peace on Everon, you have to make a living driving or flying.

Get it here with all the addons:

http://members.rogers.com/ct-hru/TWM.html

Report your bugs here. tounge.gif

EDIT2: addons note, link change

EDIT3: V1.01 note

EDIT4: V1.02 revision

Guest Titanium

Screen shots help sell maps smile.gif Aw well, ill d/l it and try it out later tonight.

Oh ya.. thats right, I forgot

night.jpg

WorkMission1.jpg

Maybe you can add all the addons in the zip file.

Would help things.

And erm...

Maybe you can elaborate a bit on the story?

Tell us some more.

Yes, I will try to put the many small addons in one zip file.

There are some big ones however... like UN addon and CLSA addon which you guys will have to get at the sites mentioned in the read.txt.

The story.... seriously you get to drive around, get payed when you get someone to a destination, when you have enough cash you can buy a flying license and then do some flying to make $$.

You get to buy some cars , planes, some food... and there are a FEW people around with interesting proposals. (they do not sit in benches)

I just noticed that gas stations in Everon seem to run out of fuel after saving/loading a few times. crap

i am very interested in trying out this mission, but...

I do not have the time and patience to find all of those addons!!! Please, include some in the Zip, or at least give direct links to all of the addons. Trust me dude, you aren't going to have people playing it if its this hard to get all the addons.

Yep okay I understand.

I'll work on it tomorrow, I was hoping some people would have collected most of the addons by chance.

I can't fit ALL of them anywhere but most small and unknown ones for sure. smile.gif And yes I will look for specific links for the rest.

I actually never released any of my previous HUGE missions because I had too many addons, but this one I thought I would try.

i downloaded all the addons i needed from that page of your and i still cant play the mission i found out that the bench was missing so i downloaded that and it still dont work is there any thing you missed wen putting up that page sad.gif

Well, I kind of made sure that those are the only addons needed. I ran the game with only the files I posted and it worked.(for me:p )

Are you running version 1.46? And did you get the official addons?(grenade launchers, Steyr Aug etc...)

Did you get an error message, if so can you post it?

Either way thanks for the info, I'll see what I can do. wink.gif

BTW: V1.01 of the mission was posted today.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (D.murphy man @ June 07 2002,11:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i still cant play the mission i found out that the bench was missing so i downloaded that and it still dont work is there any thing you missed wen putting up that page sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Okay, I have looked into it a bit...

The bench is included in the addonsREQ.exe .

Have you downloaded and extracted it into your addons folder? Make sure the files actually get there... look for coloredLightsM.pbo in your OFP/Addons folder, if it's not there then the addonsREQ.exe was not extracted properly.

Good luck,

I'll run some more tests anyway sad.gif

Just a followup... in case you did not see the top msg.

After testing, it does work with the addons provided at the link.

If the intro is too long just skip it, it's different every time, somethimes it's funny sometimes it's WTF? biggrin.gif

Good to go...

I have PLANS on reworking the bus/taxi logic, so that yoy can have more destinations and random trips. Currently man_x goes to stop_y and there is nothing random about that part.

Well it must be corrupt, make sure the file is 7,880,458 bytes.

If it's less than 7MB u know for sure it's not good.

Try downloading it again.

... I'll test it anyway

Hey, your mission is great, but can you say how to create a fire? or call a police (i want to lye a bit)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidwarrior @ June 09 2002,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, your mission is great, but can you say how to create a fire? or call a police (i want to lye a bit)?<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif create fire is a great idea, I will add it as soon as I get a chance (not there yet), the Police is ment to keep you from doing bad stuff, not for you to call and complain... smile.gif

Even if you could call the Police, they will not help you. Think of Soviet Police as opposed to European or American. These guy take the law into their own hands... before they arrest you.

Hope this answers your questions.

haha great mission, I've got $950 smile.gif

one concern; I bought binoculars from the shop, and realized after it was too late I couldn't take them off! sad.gif So I had to re-load my save and do 10 minutes of driving... lol ... but Great  job smile.gif

P.S. I notice in the briefing it says "keep an eye out for little jobs" ... can you just tell me are there "extra jobs"? I don't need to know what they are; just if you really did put some more in.

Thanks, keep up the good work biggrin.gif

---

Oh, also; when you have passengers, and tap ANYthing at ANY velocity, they all unload... sad.gif

is there any way that could be fixed?

---

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HomerJohnston @ June 09 2002,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">haha great mission, I've got $950 smile.gif

one concern; I bought binoculars from the shop, and realized after it was too late I couldn't take them off! sad.gif So I had to re-load my save and do 10 minutes of driving... lol ... but Great job smile.gif

P.S. I notice in the briefing it says "keep an eye out for little jobs" ... can you just tell me are there "extra jobs"? I don't need to know what they are; just if you really did put some more in.

Thanks, keep up the good work biggrin.gif

---

Oh, also; when you have passengers, and tap ANYthing at ANY velocity, they all unload... sad.gif

is there any way that could be fixed?

---<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks... it's suppost to be relaxing / funny.

binoculars: you really should be able to take them off... (so you switched to binoculars and couldnt go back?)

it sounds like a really strange problem, I just add the binocular to your inventory when you purchase it

jobs: Yes there are a few mission type jobs. (not many)

They are not full time like flying.

Tap/passengers: Yes I could let you drive a very tough vehicle, but just think, in real life if you tap a tree at 30km/h everyone will bail. I would rather leave it.

Must be nice to get $950, I used to notice bugs before then and I would have to fix them. mad.gif

hehehe smile.gif

alright, I'll willingly agree with you on the passenger bail thing. about the binoculars; I just didn't have a "weapon" to switch back to, see? it's like how you can't put really put away your gun. it'll go on your back, but its still an active entity on you. the binoculars don't have any option like "put weapon on back" only Salute and Sit Down. sad.gif        Anyways, I just didn't buy them this time... got the NVG's though smile.gif

it just doesent work iv got the coulerd lights they where all ready on there but i still got the same proplem as soon as i click on the mission it just goes strait back to windows its driving me insane!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (D.murphy man @ June 10 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as soon as i click on the mission it just goes strait back to windows its driving me insane!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Did OFP log a report about this in file Flashpoint.rpt? Have a look and paste the report here. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HomerJohnston @ June 10 2002,09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">about the binoculars; I just didn't have a "weapon" to switch back to, see? it's like how you can't put really put away your gun. it'll go on your back, but its still an active entity on you. the binoculars don't have any option like "put weapon on back" only Salute and Sit Down.<span id='postcolor'>

Okay I understand, I'll have a look at it to see if I can fix it, or find a workaround.

Looked at it... you sohuld have a weapon called 'strike' (which is your fist), switch to that. I assume you do not have 'strike', so now I have to figure out how you lost it. confused.gif

Thanks for the info.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 10 2002,13:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (D.murphy man @ June 10 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as soon as i click on the mission it just goes strait back to windows its driving me insane!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Did OFP log a report about this in file Flashpoint.rpt? Have a look and paste the report here. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes Avon is right, have a look there and paste the event.

I am 90% sure it's a missing/improper addon problem. I just can not tell you which one at the moment... sad.gif