Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

CO12 Shapur Revisited (by ]NTRUDER)

It's time to get back to Shapur!

But this time supported by those awesome hi-res TOH choppers! Unbeatable concept, I know :)

Story:

Insurgent forces have established a stronghold in the city of Shapur e-Dalanper. They are heavily armed and have been conducting several deadly attacks against coalition forces as well as the local people.

We have to push them out of the Shapur area as quickly as possible, before more lives are lost.

You and your team have been assigned three critical tasks inside Shapur.

Mission features:

-Urban and CQB military combat mixed with helicopter insertions/extractions

-Light, Medium and Heavy US military helicopters

-Urban Patrol script by Kronzky

-Vehicle Respawn script by Rauni

-Universal Weapons Respawn script by toadlife/norrin

-Respawn on Team leader

shapurrev1.jpg shapurrev2.jpg shapurrev3.jpg

Changelog:

v.1.00

*Changed: The AA vehicle is now 'boxed in' so it should be harder to take out from the air (prove me wrong aces :D)

*Changed: Blufor team now has two designated pilots

*Changed: Intro message

*Added: Red smoke grenades to all Blufor

*Added: More enemies at all objectives

*Added: More vehicles throughout Shapur, both manned and unmanned

*Improved: Randomized spawning of enemies and vehicles

Download link (v.1.00):

CO12 Shapur Revisited

Mirror 2

Download link, addon version (v.1.00a):

CO12 Shapur Revisited

Mirror 2

As always, have fun! :D

Edited by ]NTRUDER
mirrorz

this looks epic! thanks for sharing!

I will test asap.

takeonh2011111512515619.th.png

-some enemy units appear on top of structures.

-mission can be completed with enemy units still present, suggest clearing fuel truck and aa truck area for mission success.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Nice mission , running it one of my servers.

Need to make the mission restart it self once its completed .

Mission updated to 1.00 :)

Changelog in first post.

Thanks Dirty! You have a way with the camera I must say :)

I made an addon version of the mission, for those who may want the sexy guns from ArmA 2 ;)

Download link in first post.

Version 1.00a introduces:

-M4A1 RCO M203

-M16A4 Aimpoint

-M249 SAW

-DMR marksman rifle

-M136 AT launcher

Weapons are not just lying around in hundreds by the spawn point (like lazy ]NTRUDER normally would have it),

but instead distributed among the team members in somewhat reasonable amounts :)

There are new roles for Blufor as per this version. They are:

-Automatic Rifleman x2

-Rifleman AT x2

-Marksman

The Opfor side have their share of the new hardware, mostly SVDs and RPG7s.

There are enemy weapon and ammo boxes at all three objectives as well.

Required ArmA 2 addon files are:

weapons2.pbo

weapons.pbo

sounds.pbo

Ca.pbo

If you own ArmA 2 you just locate these in your Addons folder.

If not, just play the TOH vanilla version :)

Cheers

P.S. The A2 addons will throw some errors at startup and some in game, but everything seems to work. D.S.

Hi, first off this is the first time I've seen the marriage of Take and Arma and I like what I see -never been more siked for Arma3!!!

Now Im probably dumb as a rock -but is this supposed to be an infantry mission? I just loaded up the addon version and want to play as pilot but he is grouped to the AI infantry group :(

select the pilot player slot?

:D my A2 mod folder for ToH is 6gb

froggyluv, I would put most A2 addons in a mod folder if you can spare the space. Takistan, Zargabad, Chernarus, and Utes say WELCOME !

I joined ]ntruders server, but I can't fly with autotrim on in a combat situation. It takes away too much maneuverability. :dead:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Haha, yes, I meant that the Pilot is #10 in the group so that if I choose him the rest of the AI stand around. Guess I was asking for autonomous infantry and air groups :o

Got 700 free Gigs yet so gonna do that Ziggy :)

NTRUDER;2057364']It's time to get back to Shapur!

But this time supported by those awesome hi-res TOH choppers! Unbeatable concept' date=' I know :)

[b']Story:[/b]

Insurgent forces have established a stronghold in the city of Shapur e-Dalanper. They are heavily armed and have been conducting several deadly attacks against coalition forces as well as the local people.

We have to push them out of the Shapur area as quickly as possible, before more lives are lost.

You and your team have been assigned three critical tasks inside Shapur.

Mission features:

-Urban and CQB military combat mixed with helicopter insertions/extractions

-Light, Medium and Heavy US military helicopters

-Urban Patrol script by Kronzky

-Vehicle Respawn script by Rauni

-Universal Weapons Respawn script by toadlife/norrin

-Respawn on Team leader

shapurrev1.jpg shapurrev2.jpg shapurrev3.jpg

Changelog:

v.1.00

*Changed: The AA vehicle is now 'boxed in' so it should be harder to take out from the air (prove me wrong aces :D)

*Changed: Blufor team now has two designated pilots

*Changed: Intro message

*Added: Red smoke grenades to all Blufor

*Added: More enemies at all objectives

*Added: More vehicles throughout Shapur, both manned and unmanned

*Improved: Randomized spawning of enemies and vehicles

Download link (v.1.00):

CO12 Shapur Revisited

Download link, addon version (v.1.00a):

CO12 Shapur Revisited

As always, have fun! :D

mediafire is not letting me download it.

Can i ask what type of mission is this? Co-op or singleplayer? And after downloading the file where do i put it? I tried putting it in mpmissions and the addons folder but it doesnt show up in game...

@strider400

It's a co-op mission for up to 12 players. Should be (somewhat) playable in SP too though.

The pbo file should be copied to your Take On Helicopters \ mpmissions folder. Or the missions folder for SP.

Hmm i placed the pbo file into documents\take on helicopters\MPMissions still nothing.

Then i tried placing in \missions and still nothing...Any ideas?

Hello Intruder,

I succesfully hosted your mission for several hours this afternoon.

We were a maximum of 4 players connected at the same time and I think I speak for all of them when I say we had a blast!!

It took quite some time to take out the AA unit indeed but also securing the compound took longer than planned.

as one of the insurgents decided to hide himself in one of the two grey houses next to the road. A pair of hydras through the windows took care of him... :D

I sure hope you will build more MP missions in the future!

It will take quite some time before I can even start thinking about building my own missions using scripts like those included here...

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Sylvain

Thanks for the kind words, Sylle :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves.

Yeah, there is a good chance I will create more MP missions for TOH, although I might shift my focus back to ArmA 2 for a while ;)

Regarding you making your own missions - just rip my mission apart if you like, or use it as a template or whatever you want. The more mission makers, the merrier! :D

hAPPY nEW yEAR!

/ ]NTRUDER

I know that this really is an old thread since it goes a year back but I would like to suggest some improvements. I have personally played this specific mission a dozen times and it is still great fun, playing with friends but what we would like to see would be some night action.

We would really appreciate a release with the time altered so as to use night vision. I mean we have already got night vision goggles.

Another thing would be fast-roping. Since it exists in TOH and it is something unique, Arma hasn't, why not implement it here. Off course I really don't know how much complicated this is.

I hope it won't be a great burden.

It would really be an enhancement!

I know that this really is an old thread since it goes a year back but I would like to suggest some improvements. I have personally played this specific mission a dozen times and it is still great fun, playing with friends but what we would like to see would be some night action.

We would really appreciate a release with the time altered so as to use night vision. I mean we have already got night vision goggles.

Another thing would be fast-roping. Since it exists in TOH and it is something unique, Arma hasn't, why not implement it here. Off course I really don't know how much complicated this is.

I hope it won't be a great burden.

It would really be an enhancement!

Its not too hard to add in the fastrope scripts yourself, and to add the time of day parameter. I can help you if you like (via pm)