Sign in to follow this  
tom3kb

[CAMP-SP] Battlefield Takistan

This is my new campaign for arma 2 CO (i made this in September 2010). This campaign started couple weeks before Operation Arrowhead and last mission takes place 4 weeks after this opeation. In this campaign you play as Takistani insurgent (you fight against Takistani army), after that you play as few soldiers from NATO forces (US tank commander, Czech and German soldier) during Operation Arrowhead. And there are to missions where you are soldier in Takistani army, and you fight against Royalist guerilla.

Campaign "Battlefield Takistan" v.2.0

For playing you need:

Arma 2 CO v1.59 [Arma 2 v.1.09 and Operation Arrowhead v.1.59]

Changelog:

v.2.0

- English version

- small bug fixes in missions and in briefings

-I deleted all custom music tracks and added new overview pictures

v.1.0

- (September 2010) final Polish version

Short info:

-11 missions single player campaign,

-you play as: Takistani soldier, Takistani insurgent, US tank commander, Czech and German soldier,

-intro, outro, few cutscenes,

-now all briefings and texts are in English, sorry for mistakes in briefings, i dont speak english to good,

-you can change weapons before mission in briefing,

Link:

Campaign Battlefield Takistan v.2.0

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tplbgs

Armaholic mirror:

Campaign Battlefield Takistan v.2.0

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15604

Edited by tom3kb

@That guy

They are all my old campaigns (somtimes very simple) and i only made english version now. I think I will release 6 more campaigns but maybe in next month, maybe before Xmas :)

Edited by tom3kb

played the first few missions. good so far. but

in mission 2, the team leader ALWAYS dies right after the patrol is killed. is this scripted? if so, why not give player control of the whole squad from the get go?.

Mission 3 is great fun, and would be great COOP. but there is a severe lack of auto saves. its aggrivating to spend an hour or more creeping around searching for the officers only to shoot once and have every enemy within 1k whip around and turn you into swiss cheese, loosing that whole hour. and in general with sections that require a long hike in between mission start and something happening. its annoying to have to repeat a 10 min run 3 or 4 times.

looking forward to getting further in. i like playing as the guerrillas

edit: something else i really liked

in mission one were is says you cant win, GTFO. before that i kept saying to my self that this was going to be almost impossible to beat the attack force with the tiny amount of defenders, and i was right! i wish more mission makers would acknowledge that its ok to run away when there is little chance for victory

Edited by That guy

@That guy

Mission 2: Yes it was scripted, you are new guy in that guerilla squad so you are simple insurgent and you cant be commander from the begining :) but your commander had bad luck and now you're commanding :).

Mission 3: Yes, you have right, i play this mission in editor on normal difficulty setting so I always have 7 save slots for mission. On higger difficulty setting this mission can be really very hard, sorry for that. I noted this for update in v.2.1 (i have my "to do" list for all my campaigns). For now i can only suggest if you have problems with this mission (if you can finish this mission) that you use (endmission cheat) or you can add few save game triggers if you know how to edit missions in editor, sorry. I think maybe I will add unlimited save game option by radio for example 0-0-0 or I add auto save after you kill someone from the list and maybe auto save in few places on the map.

Ps: In this mission i always search for good sniper position and I shoot only once, then i run very fast ;) to next village or to save place. Sometime is better to live your teammate somewhere alse and do the work by yourself.

Mission 1: I thought that sometimes is good to play mission where you can not win and you must run away :). I'm glad that you liked the idea of this mission.

I'm happy that you like my campaign so far :)

Edited by tom3kb

hi

i startet yester day to mission 3 and its nice to play

trying to find time for the other campaigns :D

not so hard like desert fever :P

still stuck on mission 3 (i may just cheat)

another little suggestion. have multiple "escape points". one in north, east and west. that way player can safely exfiltrate with out having to slog across the entire hostile map.

i was so close this time. so close. then I rage quit :p