Sign in to follow this  
walker

What the @*#* is China up to?

It could be a bomb range but I'm only seeing one thing that looks like it could be a crater. I would think that a bomb range would be pock-marked.

It could be a bomb range but I'm only seeing one thing that looks like it could be a crater. I would think that a bomb range would be pock-marked.

It's hardly see any crater since they use target construct instead of the plain surface of target. (at 19:00)

czP4cE6XgCM

Have you ever actually visited a bombing range or know anything at all about military engineering and testing? If not I recommend it, it's better than any air show, believe me! Apaches, A10s and F15Es are the best.

Bomb and missile tests are not always carried out with live warheads. Most are inert or are small practice bombs and most cruise missile tests are conducted with a 'soft landing' so the components can be examined to determine how they performed during the flight.

There are many many well known bombing ranges and missile ranges all over the world. Have a look at any of them on Google Earth and tell me how many craters you can see? They actually pick up the pieces, make safe any UXBs/ordinance and fill in the holes on a daily basis? Range maintenance is essential and makes the job of finding any left overs easier.

If you look at the various targets across the range you will see evidence of explosions. Not holes (although there are a few) in the ground but destroyed structures, roofs blown out from the inside etc. There probably will not be much to see because the simulated street layout is a test for the guidance system, most of the debris is towards the centre of the range.

Edited by PELHAM

OK, there are just our family private plots. which grow little mushrooms. :D

yea, I'm not suprised. :p

No you are digging in the wrong field :D

Lop Nor test site is close by but further west at 41.56N 88.70E

Columbia University have plotted the test tunnels using seismological data:

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~felixw/research/LopNor.html

FAS produced an assessment of Chinese Nuclear Forces in 2006:

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/china/Book2006.pdf

Anyone looking for further hints at missile testing will note the last entry on pg107

September 5th 2006 DF-31 Launched from Wuzhai. Flew about 2,500 km into the Takla Makan Desert.

The strange patterns on the bombing range are located about this distance from the Wuzhai space centre on the edge of the Takla Makan Desert.

Edited by PELHAM

Feck - does that make me a geek?

LoL if you read it! ... anyways, gives a good explanation. :)

Also a good article what is China building underground:

http://news.yahoo.com/digging-china-nuclear-tunnels-013008319.html

Interesting info, If you look at all the above ground facilities that are mentioned in previous reports they are all abandoned or demolished. The areas where they used to park the mobile missile launchers are just faint outlines now.

You wouldn't try to cover up something that you built in secrecy for the past decade? ;)

When I scrolled down and saw the second image, a haunting orchestral background music played inside my head.