Sign in to follow this  
RunQWist

RunQWist Arma2 Missions [SP/COOP]

OPERATION SILENT WOLVES

Description: Nighttime mission, played with a force reconnaissance group. Your mission is to locate and steal a suitcase from the village of Gorka. Location of the suitcase is unknown but it can be revealed by searching general DIMITRI SOKOLOV's pockets. US Intelligence believes SOKOLOV runs the local guerrilla attacks from Gorka.

STRIKE AT GRISHINO

Description: Simple sabotage mission. Fire Team BRAVO is ordered to blow up a rocket launcer truck at Grishino. First your group has to locate the russian radio camp. Once there, you order the truck to move into the village of Grishino. Destroy it using satchel charges. Enemies have possible mortar support.

More detailed briefing in game..

Notes:

- Lots of random elements which make missions replayable over and over again.

- Missions recommended to play with Veteran-difficulty level.

- No addons needed

Known bugs:

- Sometimes Urban Patrol Script's debug commands come on screen during a mission, eventhough they are disabled.

- There may be a few seconds lag at the beginning when loaded for the first time.

Scripts used:

Urban Patrol Script: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91696

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\MPMissions or ArmA2\Missions folder.

Download links:

- Megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCK6KH2M

- Armaholic RunQWist's mission pack #1

Enjoy!

-RunQWist-

Edited by RunQWist

Megaupload not working in this part of the world.

Perhaps you can host it on Armaholic.com?

OK, thanks for that.

Well, I've tried both of them out and would like to give some supportive comments:

Seems both missions have a hodge-podge of unit members making up your squad.

I suggest a cohesive one unit team.

OperationSilentWolves is a recon mission at night, therefore, I suggest you load up the crates that you placed on the map or load each unit with silencers. Your team leader has a silent weapon but the other team members are going super loud.

Lastly, it seems you placed a unit to stay behind with the crates. He has no weapon and doing noting but push-ups and jumping jacks. I'd suggest to load him up and make him look like he's guarding the crates.

I hope this helps.

Silent Wolves was originally designed to be played with four human players, so that why the units doesn't have silencers by default (thought was that everyone would choose their weapons on their own). And personally I think that despite what weapon the squads AI unit has it doesn't make much difference since it doesn't know how to use it "rationally". Despite many patches, controlling your own AI can be very frustrating at times. But you are right, in real life everyone would of course have silenced weapons.

And the guy doing jumping jacks, it is cold in Chernarussia so he is only trying to keep himself warm while guarding :dj:

-RunQWist-

Edited by RunQWist

Thanks for these missions RunQWist, do you have any more of them?

I gave this a try on our dedicated server. Just played 5 minutes through each mission to test them and they look very nice.

One comment though:

I recommend you, with all my heart, to avoid placing crates that contain the whole US or Russian arsenal in the beginning of the mission. It just looks bad, makes the (serious) player feel as if the mission creator didn't bother to think through of what weapons will make the mission interesting, and what weapon loadout will keep the mission balanced. And, of course, it's highly un-realistic to have all these weapons available for the players to choose. It's a major immersion killer in my opinion and it's something many mission makers do these days and that's a shame.

In any case, the mission are hosted on the Comrades in Arms coop server. You are welcome to join us, details on my signature.

Thank you for creating these missions!

Thanks Variable!

I agree that the crate placing is unrealistic. It is a bit of "bad" habit that that I will certainly try to avoid in the future. But also, I like that you can play the missions using the weapon you want. Certainly wouldn't want anyone to quit playing a mission because they have to use a weapon that doesn't please them.

I have a few missions 98 % ready but I'n having some minor problems with them. I want to make them "addon free", but I have edited them using a shortcut that contains several mods and maps. I tried removing the required addons from the mission.sqm-file, but somehow when the missions are started, none of the scripts work. I don't know why (yet), but I will share them when they work properly and doesn't need addons, although one them is played on the Helmand Valley map.

-RunQWist-

controlling your own AI can be very frustrating at times. But you are right, in real life everyone would of course have silenced weapons.

-RunQWist-

My Bad, I completely forgot that this is primarily MP. I usually play only SP or CAMP.

Perhaps you could consider converting them to SP as well?