Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Steam Hacked... Can you trust any system these days?

Since this invasion of steam, I have received two ACCOUNT ALERTS from my bank account, first one was to verify my details, as they haven't been verified yet (had the bank account for over 15 years and had the online banking for last 4 years), if this wasn't to be true I was to ignore the email. the emailers address was "Halifax.Un​itedKingdom​.Login@rece​ntchange-In​YourInfo.66​.162.39.68.​co.uk".

The second email I received today (from H.a.l.i.f.​a.x-ukinfo@​smtp-hostch​angedinfos.​218.38.35.2​53.uk) was saying my online banking password has been inputted incorrectly 3 times today, last time I checked the account was over a week ago, it also said "For the protection of your account we have suspended access to it. To restore access please Log on correctly by clicking here or by following the link below:" the link looked legit but it was a redirect to "http://hargakomputerrakitan.com/modules/mod_wdbanners/hlpo/index.php", which has the same layout as the banks site.

I checked my bank for the genuine link, which is a secure https encryption. And it is obviously completely different to the one I was directed to.

So indeed it does look like they managed to get some credit card details. Just dont be gullible if you get any emails sent to you with tiles like "*HalifaxUk - Account ALERT!*â€", *Account ALERT!*†etc.

Over to you walker :cool:

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

I have two bank accounts. One I put enough money into to pay bills and make purchases online as needed, the other offline.

;2060515']Since this invasion of steam' date=' I have received two ACCOUNT ALERTS from my bank account[/quote']

Meh, I get these all the time, nothing but spoofers trying to trick people into inputting their data into fake forms so that they can then use it to login to the actual system... Nothing to do with the STEAM hacks.

I think the funniest thing (for me at least) is when I get emails from banks I dont even have accounts with informing me that my internet access has been suspended...

I never get them, not a single one to do with my bank account and as persistent as these ones, so.. I put two and two together, never discount something unless you know the facts.

The bank scam emails are just spammed to millions of people knowing a percentage

of them do have accounts at the bank listed in the email and some of them are stupid enough to fall for it.

The bots that collect the emails can also use other available information to compile

lists based on Country and city making it even easier to target specific people.

It's simple, use throwaway Visa/Mastercard gift credit cards for online purchases.

by the time the scammer gets around to using the card it'll be empty.

;2061889']I never get them' date=' not a single one[/quote']

Lucky you then!

The bank scam emails are just spammed to millions of people knowing a percentage

of them do have accounts at the bank listed in the email and some of them are stupid enough to fall for it.

Exactly this, nothing to do with STEAM