Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86277 (1.60 MP build)

I did a test a few days ago. A battle between my fireteam and several enemy AI squads in the village. I was doing a massacre of AIs while standing AIs in my team couldn't hit anything. But as soon as I ordered them to crouch - "enemy down" "enemy down" "enemy down" "enemy down"

That is a good story which demos the issue very well. I'd add it to your ticket, and try to make a repro for it.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23559

Rabbits are great at controlling runways. If an aircraft is about to land (and you want the runway clear), spawn a rabbit on the taxiway and no aircraft will try to pass it. When the runway is clear, move the rabbit away :)

It's a superb air traffic control mechanism !

Or better. You can create a slot in the mission called "Air Controller" where player takes on a role of a rabbit

And imagine SP missions like "stop enemy reinforcements from reaching friendly positions"

Like that you can build a whole campaign about the SpecOps rabbit

or better. You can create a slot in the mission called "air controller" where player takes on a role of a rabbit

and imagine sp missions like "stop enemy reinforcements from reaching friendly positions"

like that you can build a whole campaign about the specops rabbit

lol :D

the tank AI grinding to a halt due to ducks in the road is a well known issue. AIGameDev.com mentioned it in their "Understanding AI with Epic Failures" feature not too long ago :D They actually use an ArmA2 tank surrounded by ducks as the articles title pic.

Yeah, I'd say it needs fixing.

I had considered making a mission about that. Also thought about that logic problem with the fox, rabbit, and feed and needing to cross the river not allowing them to eat the other.

Back on topic: I have never had much of an issue with the animals causing problems but maybe I just don't have the AI drive enough.

the tank AI grinding to a halt due to ducks in the road is a well known issue. AIGameDev.com mentioned it in their "Understanding AI with Epic Failures" feature not too long ago :D They actually use an ArmA2 tank surrounded by ducks as the articles title pic.

Yeah, I'd say it needs fixing.

Three ways:

1. No fearless duck on the road anymore.

2. No virtue for AI driver anymore.

3. Obstacles are very responsive to leave away the road once they notice a coming vehicle from tens of meters.

Just tested the SecOps Module on a dedicated server with this latest patch.

Sadly, its still broken in its out of the box config.

I got it "working" by changing the use of the variable player in the radio trigger (that calls the addSupportRequestFunc) to a "named" player unit such as WESTLEADER. This works for all the support requests, except the Transport function. For some reason the heli does not land at the pickup location...

Regards,

Tup.