Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86277 (1.60 MP build)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[86271] Fixed: Locked MP role slots after BattlEye kick.

[86257] Fixed: MP: Countermeasures released automatically for a player commanded tank (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17458) Fixed: MP: Countermeasures released by AI were multipled by the number of other connected players.

Note: this build is NOT backward compatible with 1.59, major number was raised to 1.60!

Edited by Dwarden

This beta is not compatible to 1.59 anymore, please keep that in mind.

Version 1.60.86277

Xeno

Does it mean MP fixes are fully enabled now? I remember Suma said some won't be here until 1.60 version due to incompatibility with 1.59

Does it mean MP fixes are fully enabled now? I remember Suma said some won't be here until 1.60 version due to incompatibility with 1.59

Yes, all MP fixes requiring 1.60 version should be enabled now.

yes, e.g.

[84388] New: New entry requiredBuild=xxxxx; in server.cfg preventing obsolete clients to connect. Not reliable until 1.60, clients are still able to connect.

Nearly one day 3 betas were released, you are working so hard, BIS. If this 1.60.xxx to be no problem, does it mean the 1.60 full patch will come out in a week?

it all depends how well fare RC :)

Yeah got to give BIS there due man they really do support there all ready awesome game

What's it taste like?

Like chicken, what else?

Hats off to BiS !!

Seconded. Can't wait for the patch to come out :)

Some peeps are reporting sig v2 false positives (random pbo's failing signature check when v2 is enabled), especially after more than 1 player has joined.

The behavior has happened in earlier betas when joining with a different beta version than server or with 1.59 on 1.60 server, I think even with v1 sigs, however this seemed to be genuine - as people were joining with different game versions (with possible different handling of signatures).

It's in the process to be confirmed and CITed.

Anyone else experiencing sig v2 issues?

Possibly related; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24568

Edited by Sickboy

Patch 1.60 can't come soon enough. I hope we'll get the RC today for testing over the weekend. ;)

I wonder if Suma or Dwarden can answer something though: if we install the RC, will it be possible to "upgrade" to the full 1.60 version later by installing the full patch over it?

Gossamer- there's a pretty big thread on the issue with quiet some views on the support forum

Patch 1.60 can't come soon enough. I hope we'll get the RC today for testing over the weekend. ;)

I wonder if Suma or Dwarden can answer something though: if we install the RC, will it be possible to "upgrade" to the full 1.60 version later by installing the full patch over it?

we made already such patch in 1.59 where RC was supported in the universal patch

will see (it all depends on resulting size of the universal patch)

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

also specific question, anyone had crash in the 1.60.86277 already?

if yes send me dumps over email or add CIT ticket please , asap

thanks

we made already such patch in 1.59 where RC was supported in the universal patch

will see (it all depends on resulting size of the universal patch)

Thanks, that sounds promising. :)

Haven't had any crashes btw.

No crashes for me and happy to see that the Ghillie suit now makes a difference and it is possible to stay undetected in dense clutter, thanks BIS!

Looking forward to 1.60 final so everyone can benefit from all the fixes you guys made the past months...

/KC

Experiencing some wierd AI detection. I do not know if the AI got extremely good hearing or if they can see thru parts of the building?

Could someone else also run these two simple test and see if they see the same thing?

At start just go prone and crawl inside the barn. There is one single enemy soldier outside the barn and he is extremely good at killing you even if you try to hide inside the building. The barn do have windows but even if I try to stay below by going prone I'm dead.

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/A2OA_B86277_Xray.zip

Only tried with that building so far but will test a few more later on and report back.

Edited by KeyCat

Experiencing some wierd AI detection. I do not know if the AI got extremely good hearing or if they can see thru parts of the building?

Could someone else also run these two simple test and see if they see the same thing?

At start just go prone and crawl inside the barn. There is one single enemy soldier outside the barn and he is extremely good at killing you even if you try to hide inside the building. The barn do have windows but even if I try to stay below by going prone I'm dead.

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/A2OA_B86277_Xray.zip

Only tried with that building so far but will test a few more later on and report back.

Tested both, and got the same strange behavior. He shoots me through the wall of the building like it's not there. Both start with you in the barn, him outside. If you go prone and crawl quickly to cover underneath the windows on the side of the barn nearest him, you are still dead in 2 sec even though there is NO WAY he has line of fire/sight to you. This is disturbing, and worth a ticket imo. Never seen anything like this before. I'll keep testing...

------------------------

Same behavior in 1.59 vanilla. I guess we should move this discussion to a new thread, or to a ticket. How could have none of us not noticed this before? If you rotate the opfor so that he is not facing you at start, you can take him out easily through the windows.

Edited by OMAC