Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

Simple_Reinforcements.fsm - a simple way to incorporate some random reinforcements

Hi !

While i was playing around with the FSM Editor i had the idea for a simple reinforcements script that takes away the stress of adding and setting up all those waypoints for reinforcement units.

All you have to do is to place one or more markers from which the script will choose one randomly and the unit or group will reinforce this position if you call the script.

You can have differend markers for differend types of reinforcements (air, infantry ect.) or use the same for multiple units.

Its nothing complex and you may ask why i used a .fsm if you can do a similar script in .sqf...the answer is i just wanted to try .fsm !

IMPORTANT:

This script does not spawn units, you have to place them in the editor !

You have to name you markers this way -> marker1, marker2 and marker3 for example, now you only need to tell the script the basic markername ("marker") and the number

of markes you placed (which would be 3 in this example) !

The behaviour and formation is also randomly choosen (needless to say stuff like SAFE or LIMITED is not used) but for vehicles and air units the behaviour is always AWARE, YELLOW and speedMode NORMAL !

To randomize the presence of the unit just use the "probability of presence" slider in the unit menu, the script will terminate without showing a error if the unit is not present !

Call with:

handle = [unitname,"markername",3,"WPTYPE",100,0,1] execFSM "Simple_Reinforcements.fsm";

• unitname = the name of the unit or the name of the groupleader
  • "markername" = the name of your markers without number
  • 3 = that would be the number of markers you placed
  • "WPTYPE" = (OPTIONAL) the type of the waypoint the unit gets, can be SAD (default), HOLD or GUARD. SAD is combined with a CYCLE WP so the units keep searching for enemys at the WP location
  • 100 = (OPTIONAL) the size of the radius around the randomly choosen marker in which the WP is randomly placed (default = 200)
  • 0 = (OPTIONAL) the altitude for air vehicles, 150 is default and 100 is minimum but you can choose a higher one if you like
  • 1 = (OPTIONAL) this will activate a hint that shows you which marker was choosen and also gives a hint if the unit not exists or is already dead at the time the script is called (default = 0)

CBA version:

I made a version that uses the great CBA_fnc_taskPatrol for infantry with SAD as "WPTYPE".

Remember that infantry set to SAD will now use the radius to determine the size of the area they will patrol around the marker !

Vehicles and air units still use a SAD + CYCLE WP combination !

And obviously you will need the CBA mod to use this version of the script !

A simple setup could look like this:

unbenanntddumi.jpg

The trigger would call the script and the units would each choose one of the three markers randomly and reinforce this position.

Changelog:

v1.2

• Added version with CBA_fnc_taskPatrol for infantry with SAD as WPTYPE

v1.2

• Added a "not alive" check i forgot in v1.1

v1.1

• Script will now terminate without showing a error if the unit or group is not present at the time the script is called !

DOWNLOAD DEMO Mission:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3876681/Simple_Reinforcements_DEMO.zip.html

DOWNLOAD v1.2:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3872111/Simple_Reinforcements.fsm.html

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15577

DOWNLOAD v1.2 CBA version:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3872112/Simple_Reinforcements_CBA.fsm.html

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15577

Edited by Wiggum

No Demo again :(

Anyways, ive made one... finally got it to work! lol, can you just take a look at it

and see if all is right, been playing on it and it seems that units go over the place to

other markers not on the map!

>Link Removed<

Thanks

Edited by DarkXess
Link Removed

No Demo again :(

Anyways, ive made one... finally got it to work! lol, can you just take a look at it

and see if all is right, been playing on it and it seems that units go over the place to

other markers not on the map!

DownLoad Here!

Thanks

Thanks for the Demo. Not sure why there isn't one. It's so much easier to see the set up than just to read it.

@ DarkXess

Sounds like you made a error or maybe used GUARD as WPTYPE and the units hunt after a spotted enemy ?

I tried to get the script as failsafe as possible and also have posted a good description on how to get it work here but now have also made a demo-mission.

Look at the first post for the link to the DEMO mission !

I think you should remove your link so no one gets confused, could you do this please ?

Also it would be cool if you could report back if you spotted your error (or maybe tell me you found a bug :p ).

Edited by Wiggum

Thanks for demo mission, but on that picture you gave im sure its the German version right?

because using the Uk version ive not got "spotted by" etc,.. so I pretty much had to guess

which was which. Thanks again :)

Link removed too.

@ DarkXess

Actually it dosent matter how you call the script... ;)

You can use any type of trigger or call it from another script or WP...should be no problem.