JdB

OFPr.info / ofp.gamepark.cz

Great!

Although it seems to be working intermittently now. I managed to download some stuff a while ago, but now I keep getting the "not found" message again.

Never mind, I was trying to download Private Military Contractors, by ardvarkdb, and that's one the few files with a broken link. All the rest works fine.

Thanks for keeping that site alive. You're doing a great service :)

I would look in the FTP if the filename was wrong/changed, but I can't access the FTP yet.

If you copy/paste a download link from the latest OFP.info news and change the downladable file name to the one that is unreachable it seems to work.

So Try this link to download that ardvarkdb_PMC.rar, just tested and it worked.

All downloads seem to be corrupted, all files are now 0 bytes after downloading. It's been reported to the server admin.

Edit: the problem seems to have resolved itself.

Edited by JdB

It does work, but very, very slowly.

Their server seems to be under heavy stress for some reason.

@Circassian

Infraction +1 for crossposting. I really fail to see why you need to start a thread about this in a totally wrong section and than post in the right thread to ask for attention to your wrong placed thread.

@Circassian

Infraction +1 for crossposting. I really fail to see why you need to start a thread about this in a totally wrong section and than post in the right thread to ask for attention to your wrong placed thread.

Easy General, I'm new here and forgive my bad English its the reason that's prevent me understanding all forum rolls.. I'll try to not ask or write a thread until doing a hard search in future.

Apologies :)

Hey,

I've tried the file you were downloading (as well as some other larger and smaller files) and was able to download it five times in a row without any problem. It might have been a case of bad luck where the server messed up, a connection problem at any point from your pc to the server and back or a hardware or software problem on your end. Let me know if it persists over the next few days.

Hey,

I've tried the file you were downloading (as well as some other larger and smaller files) and was able to download it five times in a row without any problem. It might have been a case of bad luck where the server messed up, a connection problem at any point from your pc to the server and back or a hardware or software problem on your end. Let me know if it persists over the next few days.

Do you think it maybe from the country which I'm in now "some kind of preventing data transmission server" ? Now I'm in Egypt, When I was in Russia i didn't face any problem with downloading!. I've tried 3G, Dsl... downloading from another PC's ... and the problem is the same..

There is a new FTP file host which is slower and may not always be available. See news page on OFP.info

Do you think it maybe from the country which I'm in now "some kind of preventing data transmission server" ? Now I'm in Egypt, When I was in Russia i didn't face any problem with downloading!. I've tried 3G, Dsl... downloading from another PC's ... and the problem is the same..

I don't know what the level of infrastructure is like in Egypt. It's likely just not as reliable as the connection you had in Russia.

Yeah just like me, I cannot download ANYTHING from OFPR, the website seems to be alive, but all links are either dead or broken. I don't know what to do now, because I am getting depressed with the vanilla OFP after playing it for 7 years :C

Please report all file download related problems to Jerry Hopper, he hosts the server.

How do I do that? I have tried contacting the admins of that site but all I get is an error while trying to send the e-mail. What e-mail does Jerry Hopper have?

---HUGE SCRATCH---

Oh my God scratch that, now I can download from OFPr! Hooray! Not sure if it fixed itself or Jerry did fix it but I will thanks anyways. <3