Sign in to follow this  
Blayer

Game freezes at multiplayer tab

Hello, I bought Arma 2 DVD long time ago been playing often, but stopped for some time. Now I have Arma 2 installed on fresh windows 7 64 (same as before), downloaded and installed all patches correctly. Single player works perfectly but the problem is when I press multiplayer tab in game it loads some of the servers and then freezes to the death (but I was able to move mouse) so I have to use ctrl+alt+del to kill the process. And today I bought Operration Arrowhead with dlc's I thought I will be able to play multiplayer again but no luck it freezes at the same multiplayer tab. No matter if I try it on standalone or combined operations.

I thought it was some kind of a problem with battleye so tried to uninstall it but it wasn't a problem so I reinstalled it back and also tried to verify game cache via steam but it didn't helped. So I don't know what else to try to fix this freeze and finally be able to play this awesome simulator again. I seriously need help on this :/

My firewall is turned off and I have checked the security log in my modem page after I tried to access multiplayer and it doesn't block anything

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

The problem was my bigfoot networks killer 2100 card, just changed into onboard network and no more freezes :/ that's pretty strange because all other games works perfectly with that card

I have the same problem unfortunately :-( I click on the multiplayer tab, the game freezes and I have to manually shut down the computer :-(

Already tried all the suggested fixes. I guess no ARMA II multiplayer for me :-(

System:

Windows XP SP3

ARMA II CO W/RFT's latest versions

ZoneAlarm Firewall

AMD X2 6000+

4gb DDR2 800 RAM

ATI/AMD HD 4870

SB Audigy 2 ZS

WD 500GB 7200 rpm

Onboard integrated network card

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

I had the same problem and it was caused by DSL modem.

It looks like the gamespy response for arma requests works like a DoS attack.

This is N-th thread about this issue, I think the ticket should be reopened: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10461

Unfortunately I don't use this modem anymore so it's up to you (Blayer or other who has this issue) to reopen it.