Sign in to follow this  
snaiperskaya

ArmA 3 Maps

Will ArmA 3 have more than only Limnos island as playable map?

I think that's a good question.

Will ArmA 3 have more than only Limnos island as playable map?

Last official word was "no" - latest info is that Arma3 will come only with Limnos. There won't even be the usual small extra island ala Desert Island / Rahmadi / Utes etc.

But Limnos will surely be big enough to keep people satisfied until mods and later expansions come rolling in. ;)

I'm almost certain that BIS will add some nifty extra isles for training purposes and TvT scenario or two. Otherwise you can count on the community to come up with that :]

Probably will be limnos and a smaller secluded island ala Utes/Desert.

Well, if there won't be a small Desert island included, it won't do. A small proving ground for quick addon testing is strongly needed.

A smaller island (aka "fast loading") and a mix of many environments (forests, city, BRIDGES!, crossroads, lakes and stuff) for testing\repro is a must, even if its one that have nothing to do with Limmos or reality, something kind of random.

In order to try out MP features and scripts with a friend (isolating locality issues), being forced to download and keep synched addons just for that test gets messy. And when done, you need to deactivate just to play somewhere else.

No, I need my desert island. Something that loads fast. Something official. "Just" (yeah, I know) redo Utes - it is a perfect a test island as they come.

Will arma2 islands slip straight into arma3? I would like to see them with even better graffix

Most, if not all current islands require Arma2/OA/CO data to be present, since they re-use things like grass, foliage and buildings from Chernarus and/or Takistan islands. So the answer is no, I'm afraid. It won't be that simple.

Last official word was "no" - latest info is that Arma3 will come only with Limnos. There won't even be the usual small extra island ala Desert Island / Rahmadi / Utes etc.

But Limnos will surely be big enough to keep people satisfied until mods and later expansions come rolling in. ;)

mate i hope so. I also hope it add variet landscaped in it such as forests, deerts and urban CQ territory towns/cities

Well there had been always only a big island and a small one. So i wouldn't expect more than that. Anyways Limnos looks amazing so no complains there.

And above that, if arma 3 comes along with new and improved modding tools( visitor 4? ;)) i am pretty sure that the community can take care of creating new maps long before you get bored of Limnos :D

I'm almost certain that BIS will add some nifty extra isles for training purposes and TvT scenario or two. Otherwise you can count on the community to come up with that :]

:pray: *stares at icebreakr * :icon18:

I think the game will only ship with the one island and I think it should be great with only the one considering the size, but its highly likely that more will be added via expansions just as they did with ArmA2. Also the community will probably make plenty more for us to enjoy.

Personally I'd love to see a snow/ice map....just thinking how cool it would be to be in a mission that allows for me to do some tracking, or being tracked by the enemy, being forced to cover my trail as I move around. I'm only a player though so no idea if this is really possible.

if you look at this screenshot from the arma 3 website you can see that there is actualy 2 big island in the game. However I know that a smaller separated one would be nice for quick loadings and testings.

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1107_024.jpg

Also, it would be nice if the arma world would be on a sphere (like the screen suggest) and you could actualy go around the globe :). But thats offtopic..

What I'd really love to see is a map that offers a range of different climates within the one map. I don't think its really possible or believable either but it would still be cool to have a map where the landscape changes dramatically at times, eg going from snowy mountain peaks down to green flat land, forests, sandy beaches, and maybe even some desert. Probably way beyond whats possible but I'd like to see it one day.

What I'd really love to see is a map that offers a range of different climates within the one map. I don't think its really possible or believable either but it would still be cool to have a map where the landscape changes dramatically at times, eg going from snowy mountain peaks down to green flat land, forests, sandy beaches, and maybe even some desert. Probably way beyond whats possible but I'd like to see it one day.

Well I've heard that their decision to use Limnos was partially motivated by that exact aspiration. Although in real life it apparently snows on the island very rarely, other than that, it does offer a lot of environmental diversity. Of course, another thing you won't see are jungles. Although I'm not sure if you mean different parts of a map having different climates, or the same map actually going through climate change. :confused: :D

Maybe they will simulate global warming so that if you set the date far enough in the future, the island will be flooded :D

Maybe they will simulate global warming so that if you set the date far enough in the future, the island will be flooded :D

Didn't they tell you?!

Cake is a lie!

It's a conspiracy I'm tellin' ya...

if you look at this screenshot from the arma 3 website you can see that there is actualy 2 big island in the game.

No... ^^

It just looks like that due to the shape of lemnos. This is how it actually is ;)

Yeah a Utes/Desert Island is required for testing. It's so much easier to load the map near instantly rather than wait for a large map to load.

Im sure BIS have already thought this through, I doubt there's anything to worry about there, I mean they test things more than anyone so I'm sure they have it covered.

Well I've heard that their decision to use Limnos was partially motivated by that exact aspiration. Although in real life it apparently snows on the island very rarely, other than that, it does offer a lot of environmental diversity. Of course, another thing you won't see are jungles. Although I'm not sure if you mean different parts of a map having different climates, or the same map actually going through climate change. :confused: :D

Well I like jungles too but obviously it cant be too diverse or it wouldn't seem real.

I like both options so having a island that is already diverse in the climate depending on which part of the map your in. Totally different game but I'm thinking along the lines of GTA3 SA where it went from normal grass land, to a snow topped mountain, and the desert. I also like the idea of a map changing but rather than global warming I was thinking more of just normal seasons so you can have cold snowy winters, warm summers, and everywhere in between. To me this would also help give the game more of a sense of time, a long conflict that may run over many months or years.