Sign in to follow this  
virtualvikingx

Battleye kick after long loading times on client

I have a server that very often kicks guys on maps/missions that take a long time to load. Second time is always successful. Is this due to the shorter loading time? Are there anything I can do on my side (server) to make this problem go away?

If its a big mission and it needs to be downloaded. get it downloaded elsewhere and put it in your Mp or Mp cache dir.

"connection timed out" as far as I remember.

Not a BE kick then.

I have a server that very often kicks guys on maps/missions that take a long time to load. Second time is always successful. Is this due to the shorter loading time? Are there anything I can do on my side (server) to make this problem go away?

How big is the map (in megabytes or kilobytes) that is being downloaded?

1mb. I don't know what message the clients get. I will find out. + double-check server error message.

OK, maybe this makes more sense:

"Battleye initialization failed: connection timed out".

The problem is that people dont try a second time and we loose players, as I dont have all players on my steam list and so on. Still tryinf to find out what messages the clients get.

You need to run the game with admin premissions.

More precisely, all players need to run the game with elevated privileges. :)

BIS could consider adding a manifest to the game executable so that it requests elevated privileges by default. That would defeat this particular problem, but it would also create new ones... :(

Im running a server. Do you mean that this could happen if the server.exe isnt running as admin?

Or do you mean that the clients trying to connect wont have this timeout problem if their game is run as admin?

Please note that on 2. try it always works. (they allready have the mission file + map in ram)

EDIT: Its a dedi server running 1.59

The problem is purely client side, as far as I am aware. BattlEye apparently requires the game to be running with elevated privileges in order to initialize.

I see. But how does time play into this picture? When they have the mission allready, they init. battleye properly and stay connected for hours of arma2-fun. :) The problems is only on first loading.

I see. But how does time play into this picture? When they have the mission allready, they init. battleye properly and stay connected for hours of arma2-fun. :) The problems is only on first loading.

Ah, I see. So this problem lies elsewhere...

My first assumption would be that the BattlEye client is not responding while the game downloads mission data, causing the player to get kicked if the data download takes too long. That would explain why there are no problems on the second join, since the data is already present and doesn't need to be loaded. :)

Yes thats what I've been trying to say since OP. :) (No disrespect!)

Any help appreciated! $able?

Is the problem that my server uploads the mission to slow?

Yes thats what I've been trying to say since OP. :) (No disrespect!)

Any help appreciated! $able?

Is the problem that my server uploads the mission to slow?

Actually the BE Client shouldn't be loaded during the map download, so I don't think that a BE kick is the problem here.

Also, since you own the server, I'm sure you can quickly check if there is a BE kick in the console when the timeout happens? You mentioned "Battleye initialization failed: connection timed out" - is that exactly what you see in the server console?

it happens on a lot of servers - battleye message: client not responding or time out - on the first connect - reconnect and it is fine with no error - it is not a problem but it is annoying.

it happens on a lot of servers - battleye message: client not responding or time out - on the first connect - reconnect and it is fine with no error - it is not a problem but it is annoying.

I never heard of that before. If you have some log showing this, please send it to me.

I never heard of that before. If you have some log showing this, please send it to me.

checked for this error in the rpt and it is not logged.

here is a screenshot of the error

arma22011110817422593.jpg

I reconnect to the same server - the error does not show again.

edit: it happens when the message recieving... is displayed.

Edited by mobeus

checked for this error in the rpt and it is not logged.

here is a screenshot of the error

I reconnect to the same server - the error does not show again.

edit: it happens when the message recieving... is displayed.

I meant a server log.

Does this only happen when you download a map?

I meant a server log.

Does this only happen when you download a map?

it does not happen on my server - it happens when the loading bar finishes and the recieving message is displayed , the game hangs for a second then it resumes with the reciving... message then the battleye message client not responding .. for all i know it could be a server issue and not battleye but it is annoying what ever is causing it.

try it yourself

join the silent warriors server on arma 2 or the jgBtl533 server it happens on both of those servers and some more but i forget the names.

it does not happen on my server - it happens when the loading bar finishes and the recieving message is displayed , the game hangs for a second then it resumes with the reciving... message then the battleye message client not responding .. for all i know it could be a server issue and not battleye but it is annoying what ever is causing it.

try it yourself

join the silent warriors server on arma 2 or the jgBtl533 server it happens on both of those servers and some more but i forget the names.

Ok, but again, does that only happen when a map is downloaded?

Happens to me also,when downloading large mission file or during "receiving data" screen,only when it takes too long though.Second try is successful.

Edit: v1.59 only.Game is in the exception list of AV/FW and runs on my admin account.Ports UDP 2302-2305 configured in modem/router.

Edited by Neopas

Did you guys try latest beta patch by chance?

Ok, but again, does that only happen when a map is downloaded?

nope - it happens every time on the first connect - regardless - if the game downloads a map or not.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Did you guys try latest beta patch by chance?

yes i tried the beta - I tested this issue on a seperate computer and it displayed the same error ( with no beta tested ) .

It happens when the recieving... is displayed never any other time.

Edited by mobeus